Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsPanda
Beginner December 2016

Northampton and surrounding Area venue

MrsPanda , 17 of September of 2016 at 00:00 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all, I used this forum before when planning a wedding (didn't go ahead oops) so thought I'd try my luck here again now I'm giving it another shot haha.

We are planning a wedding next November for somewhere around Northamptonshire after recently moving to the area. I'm from Leicester and the fella is from London so we are a little unsure of any venues outside of the standard country house hotels.

Has anyone any recommendations at all? It would be appreciated, neither of us know the area well enough yet and trawling the Internet is getting tedious.

7 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 30 of September of 2016 at 22:48
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

As you were from Leicester and so are all your side of the family then why not stick to a Leicester venue, as for the grooms London family it is only another 15-20mins to Leicester through Nth hampton

I mainly photograph weddings In Leicestershire, if you could let me know the type and size you are looking for I may be able to point you in some directions, both here in Leicester and Northampton

• P
    Beginner May 2017
    PengAly ·
    • Hide content

For Northampton, i'd say try Whittlebury park. They have 3 different venues on site to choose from and are all licensed to hold civil ceremonies. The location is also gorgeous, looks out onto the countryside/golf course without being too remote.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

We've been invited to a wedding up that way next year - I'll dig the invite out when I get home from work & see where it is as I can't remember the name of it!

• R
    Beginner July 2017
    Reluctant bride ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Sulgrave Manor next July. Venue can do the ceremony and the reception and has beautiful grounds for plenty of pictures.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

This is the venue for the wedding we've been invited to in Feb - looks lovely!

http://www.dodmoorhouse.co.uk/

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

We got married in August at Sedgebrook Hall in Chapel Brampton http://www.sedgebrookhall.co.uk/ and I seriously couldn't recommend it more!!!

We had a fantastic day, the venue and staff where so, so helpful and professional! Our wedding co-ordinator Helen was so fantastic on the day we didn't have to worry about anything and we dealt with Bianca for all the build up and again so fantastic and helpful!

They have all sorts of packages and rooms but we loved the fact that we could do everything all in one place as they are licensed. We actually got married outside and it was beautiful.

I'm probably biased as it was only 8 weeks ago, but honestly brilliant venue and we felt great value for what we paid.

If you need any recommendations just holla as I'm based in Kettering so used people from all over Northants.

• MrsPanda
    Beginner December 2016
    MrsPanda ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the suggestions. We actually did decide to stick with leicester. See

ed the right choice in the end. All those venues look lovely!

We've decided to stick with simple and intimate and a big party afterwards weve booked for 10th December this year not long to plan !! A spontaneous decision.

Its going to be a Town hall ceremony and now looking for somewhere afterwards. I don't know why I put the the stress on myself ha!! Excited though.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Good move - there are plenty of very good venues here.

So if you are in the town hall have a look at the City Rooms.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics