Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2017

Are there any other mature brides here?

HappyRedStationery657, 28 of August of 2016 at 13:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

My fiancee and I have been together for 4 years and he proposed to me on my 60th (yep 60th!) birthday and our date is set for July 2017.

I am having a serious "am I too old?" wedding confidence crisis!

My figure is still "okay" and I have chosen a proper gorgeous and very expensive(!) wedding dress which is being altered/added to, to cover my shoulders, upper arms and back (it was strapless but the shape suited me best) but I am still really worried people will think I am too old to wear it!

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can overcome my worries?

Thank you

5 replies

Latest activity by LalaC1988, 30 of August of 2016 at 20:22
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I've just got married this year and I'm 59. Yes I had the I'm too old and the i can't wear a wedding dress thoughts and yes I had a few of those sorts of comments from other people along with the why are you bothering at your age. Trust me ignore them and ignore the perfectly normal obbles. No matter if age size or shape we all have them. We had a wonderful wedding and you will too. Lots of our wedding photos of me in a wedding dress in my Lapland report below. X

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

You're NEVER too old to fulfil your dreams- wear your beautiful dress with pride and enjoy every minute!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

You look amazing Aspenlady! I echo what everyone else has said too - you will rock your dress I am sure! Never too old to wear what you want on your wedding day, sod everyone else & what they may think!

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

I say go for it. There is no age restriction on wearing a wedding dress. I am sure you will look beautiful.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

It's more than ok, the term bride doesn't go away just because your slightly older and a bride gets to wear whatever their heart desires whether it's a Cinderella princess gown or a tailored suit. Same goes for tiaras and veil too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics