Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2016

Question for OMs

MrsRees2B, 30 of July of 2016 at 21:51 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

I help my husband when he photographs weddings. Most times I end up a bridal assistant rather than a photographers assistant..today the bride thanked me so much and said she didn't know what she would have done without me. ?

So what I want to know is would your day have ran more smoothly if you had someone there to make sure the morning of the wedding ran to time? Someone who isnt also trying to get ready. Who can find your bag/phone get you a drink has mints etc, who isn't a friend or family member, bridesmaid or bridal party? I've helped so many brides over the years and keep getting told I should hire myself out as a brides assistant.

If something like that was available at a reasonable price would you maybe have considered it?

Basically I'm trying to put the feelers out to see if something like this is a viable business here in the UK. I know it's a thing in the states.

Thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsRees2B, 2 of August of 2016 at 20:03
  • L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Only would pay for it if I was for example getting married away from home other than that on most circumstances people have a friend or family member to help. My hubby's auntie was an absolute diamond on my wedding day and my hairdresser ended up lacing my dress as my sister who was meant to help me was no where to be found at the crucial time!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I could see that if this was a reasonable price it could be useful. It wasn't an option for me as we eloped abroad with to guests. We had a standing joke with my friend about bridesmaid duties lol even tho she wasn't a bridesmaid as such. I had asked if she could help me get ready but most of the time she was nowhere to be found. As for train fluffing let's not even go there.

I imagine lots of people don't need a wedding planner but someone on the morning to fetch something forgotten, find something, pass messages on, make drinks and generally clock watch timings etc could be REALLY helpful.

Give it a go!!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. I was thinking how much would I personally be willing to pay. No more than £50? I don't plan on train fluffing lol but many time I've been the only one around to help the bride get shoes on etc I've even laced and buttoned dresses as maids were hurrying to get ready themselves when timings have gone askew.

I had a friend who'd travelled to our wedding so was getting ready with us and she sort of took on this role was brilliant to have.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I'd hire you as a bride's assistant and I'm not even married yet! I'm dreading the morning of the wedding- I know my Mum, lovely as she is, will just be flapping and my MOH (just her, no bridesmaids!) will be stressing over her kids.... I could do with someone there to say 'can you just check this, pass me that, go and see if the cake has arrived...' etc!!

I think it's a brilliant idea! Why don't you post it as a similar 'would you?' on your local FB weddings page (there are hundreds of them!) and see what response you get- I bet you'll be booked in no time!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks 2Bmrsc if you're in Yorkshire I'm free on your wedding date lol

I think I'll offer a few free sessions to get started and ask any brides that I've helped already to do some reviews on my newly made Facebook page.

I will certainly ask on my localpages

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics