Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner June 2017

Anyone ordered from Mix Bridal?

FutureMrsTz, 14 of July of 2016 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 17

I'm really struggling to find BM dresses that suit my 4 ladies (they are all totally different shape and height wise!).

I came across Mix Bridal on Facebook and although their reviews are good and dresses look nice, I was wondering if anyone here had actually ordered from them.

I'm a bit wary of these Chinese sellers, but am also really worried that I won't get the colour/style I want if I just wait to see what comes up on the high street.

If you could also share any tips about where else is good for reasonably priced dresses, that would be great ?

17 replies

Latest activity by Clo, 4 of August of 2020 at 15:10
  • M
    mariets ·
    • Hide content

China Dresses and China Wedding supplies- purely reviews

Join this group on fb.x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Tends to be lots of mixed reviews on China. Can you post a picture of the dresses. Maybe someone has seen something similar on their searches in the UK?

• M
    monicahoney307 ·
    • Hide content

I purchased bridesmaid dresses from Mix Bridal for our August 2016 Wedding. The ordering process was simple and considering they were made to order, they were shipped in a very timely fashion. They were so well made and the color was simply stunning on my bridesmaids. We went with the dusty rose as the color was so unique and just beautiful. We also got the matching ties for the groomsmen as well as ties for the ushers and groom and they all coordinated so beautifully. Highly recommend.?

• V
    Beginner May 2018
    vicky_langford91 ·
    • Hide content

I used this company. Their dresses turned out so well! I worked closely with Sally and she always answered my questions and helped me along the way, she was fantastic! The dresses turned out better than I expected. They were also made pretty quickly considering how long most bridal places take. My bridesmaids looked beautiful!

• K
    Beginner June 2018
    Kellydooey0921 ·
    • Hide content

I got dresses for my 7 bridesmaids from Mix Bridal. As my girls are in different shapes and sizes I took advantage of the made to measure option. I was nervous buying off the internet but the measuring guide was really easy to follow and the girls were very delighted with their dresses. The colour was true to swatch and the material was lovely. And the dresses fit the girls perfect too! Overall it’s a happy experience!

• H
    Beginner February 2019
    HappyPinkCars7918 ·
    • Hide content

I also planned to order my dresses from Mix Bridal! Could you share some pictures of your dresses by the way as I would love to see their dresses in real life!

• K
    Beginner June 2018
    Kellydooey0921 ·
    • Hide content

Here are the dresses i ordered from Mix Bridal. I'll share more pictures after my wedding. Again the dresses are amazing and the quality is perfect! Definitely recommend!!!

• H
    Beginner October 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti19074 ·
    • Hide content

I am a bridesmaid for my friend in August and our dresses are from Mix Bridal. Simple to order, fast delivery considering where they came from and the quality is excellent. I'll definitely use them when it comes to picking my bridesmaid dresses! 100% recommend the site ?

• H
    Beginner July 2019
    Harley_rose357 ·
    • Hide content

My sister got convertible bridesmaid dresses and men's ties from Mix Bridal. Affordable prices and amazing quality. She ordered some sample swatches first and they came quickly. The colour is gorgeous and all the ladies love the dresses a lot. I am getting married in July next year and I'll definitely purchase my dresses from here too!

• LondonSquirrel
    Beginner October 2018
    LondonSquirrel ·
    • Hide content

Not Mix Bridal, but I got my dress from a China-based company who sell on eBay. It is more if a BM or evening dress as mine is a vow renewal. I am very pleased and can't wait to wear it on the day!

• S
    Beginner October 2019
    SunnyOrangeHair91461 ·
    • Hide content

I purchased my lovely bridesmaid dress from Mix Bridal. The dress arrived a week ago. I could not have been any happier with how gorgeous it turned out. LOVED it!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't ordered my dresses from here in the end, but I did order some colour/material samples, and they came super fast. Communication was great too. If I hadn't gone down the route I did with my bridesmaid outfits, I would have bought from here Smiley smile x

• E
    Beginner May 2019
    ExpensivePinkHair57012 ·
    • Hide content

I received my bridesmaid dresses from here last week and was so pleased with all of them. Whenever you order online it is always a risk but when you have 6 bridesmaids you try to save money where you can and these dresses are fantastic quality for the price. I ordered my dresses in Blush, Barely Pink, Hint of Mint, Pastel Blue, Tender Yellow and Pastel Lilac and they looked wonderful together, really bright and colorful. One of my bridesmaids will have a baby 1 month before my wedding so the standard sizing was a bit of an issue, however, I contacted the customer services and they couldn't have been more helpful. They altered the dress so that it had a lace-up back meaning it could easily be adjusted. Make sure you measure properly before you order and be prepared to alter the dresses as they allow a lot of fabric at the bottom for shoe height. I will be sure to post some pictures after my wedding!

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticGreenFlowers92123 ·
    • Hide content

I have had nothing but poor service from Mix Bridal.
    The dresses were ordered in June and I am still struggling to get all of my dresses, which I have paid for, to an acceptable quality.
    4 dresses were considerably longer than the lengths published and therefore alterations will need to be made locally - this was not expected.
    - 2 dresses were returned due to poor quality stitching
    - 1 dress which was remade was appropriate
    - 1 dress is being remade again due to the extremely poor quality

The poor service continues as I have had to issue 39 emails to try and get matters resolved and I have now been waiting since 24th June to have all the dresses required in the quality promised... thank goodness I ordered them early!!!

• L
    LuxuriousRedStationery73751 ·
    • Hide content

We have the same feeling about purchasing the bridesmaid dresses online especially knowing the producers are not in the UK. I am the MOH of my sister and she loved the style from Mix Bridal after hanging out at local stores and searching several online boutiques.

We don't want to take risk ordering all the six dresses together so we ordered one in October to view the quality and try it on. Last week, we received the dress and it turned out perfect in quality and size. The colour Burgundy is what we are after. My sister and other bridesmaids were over the moon about the dress and we decided to go ahead and order five more dresses from them.

Here is a picture I took of the dress.

• HappyOrangeStationery6568
    Beginner December 2021
    HappyOrangeStationery6568 ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered my 3 bridesmaid dresses from mixbridal - there was a slight issue with the delivery (they got "lost" in France for a bit) but actually I think that was down to DHL to be honest.

Ordered them to my mum's so yet to see them in person but mum says they look perfect and no major issues. I do expect they will need some alterations (length etc) but not too bothered about that.

Should have considered the advice of someone above - one of my bridesmaids is also having a baby 6 weeks before the wedding, she just gave me a guestimate of bigger measurements but in retrospect a lace up back would have been more sensible!!

I can post some pictures when I've got the dresses from my mum.

• L
    LuxuriousRedStationery73751 ·
    • Hide content

I am the MOH for my sister's wedding next year. I received my dress last week and now had time to share with you. It's our try on dress since we were worried about purchasing the dresses online and we read a lot of nightmares when buying the bridesmaid dresses from online boutique. However, my sister loved the style and wanted us to wear the same dress. So we took the risk and ordered one dress to try it on and view the quality. After two months' waiting, the dress came and we were thrilled to see it. The colour Burgundy is what we are looking for and the quality is good as the designer dress.

We are satisfied with the style and will go ahead and order five more dresses from Mix Bridal.

• Clo
    Beginner August 2021 Buckinghamshire
    Clo ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately, I have had a terrible experience ordering from Mix Bridal. I have 4 bridesmaids and all took their measurements for the custom sized dresses with care and following the instructions provided on the website. However, when the dresses arrived, none of them fit correctly. Some skirts were too long, one too short, one top was massive and the remainder of the tops were too short and tight so they couldn’t move in them properly. When I expressed this to MB they tried to blame my bridesmaids saying they had taken the measurements incorrectly, which I find baffling as all had them taken by someone different so they tried to make out 4 different people got this wrong rather than admit fault at their end. I also expressed I wasn’t happy with the colour to which they said this is because people photoshop or filter their real brides photos, which I accepted but I also pointed out that their colour swatches are unavailable in the tulle material, which could have helped with this selection. I had to send countless emails with around 100 photos of the girls taking their measurements again, as well as the problems with the dresses when they wore them. Even after this they continued to argue, ask for more pictures and then only admitted fault for one out of the 4 dresses. By this point I’d completely lost faith in the company so didn’t want them remade and therefore I requested a refund. I was then told I could get a refund for one, but only 50% refund for the other 3 dresses. I pointed out this was different to what they promise on their website where it says even if you simply don’t like them you can get 70% refunded. I then received an email saying I was wasting time arguing - not exactly good customer service!! I explained I wasn’t arguing but sticking up for myself and my bridesmaids who they were accusing of making a mistake. After lots of back and forth they finally agreed to refund one dress at 100% and the other 3 at 60%. This means I’ve lost £160 through no fault of my own, and as I also had to return the faulty dresses this means I’ve paid £160 for thin air. Thank goodness my wedding was delayed because of Covid otherwise this would have ruined my wedding. It has already upset my bridesmaids and I, as well as ruined the excitement around this part of the wedding. My advice would be if you really want to risk buying from this company, do not go for the custom size option as you have to pay more for this option and then are punished by losing more money when they ultimately get it wrong and you ask for a refund. So unless you have money to spare/lose I wouldn’t risk it. I’m so disappointed to have had this experience and put my bridesmaids through it as well when this is supposed to be an exciting time for us. Certainly won’t be recommending them to anyone after such a horrible experience.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics