Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pink Roses
Beginner July 2016

My Wedding 7th July 2016 *MEGA FLASH*

Pink Roses, 10 of July of 2016 at 22:35 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hi everyone,

I married the man of my dreams on Thursday and we had the most perfect and amazing day and we were so so lucky with the weather too, it was glorious!

So I thought after being on hitched for quite some time getting tips and advice from everyone and loving all the Flash posts of peoples wedding day, I thought I can't not have a Flash post now my wedding day has happened, so here goes!

P.S We won't have the professional photos back for a while so these are the photos sent to me by our guests taken on their phones, so I am hoping they come out ok on here! Sorry they're also not in order!

VENUE: Fennes, a beautiful georgian manor house in Essex, which also has a "marque" at the back and wonderful acres of grounds with a small lake and a white bridge. The sun was shining all day and it was very hot!

Me getting ready with my sister and bridesmaidSmiley sadmy hair was done by Lynnette Chasmer, all I can say is she is AMAZING! Honestly if you haven't booked a wedding hair stylist yet I would book her, she is fantastic and such a lovely woman too)

My dress from the back:

My dad absolutely loved these cufflinks we had personalised!

I made a speech, very nerve wracking but I am so glad I did it now. I wanted to have the opportunity to Thank my husband for everything he had done for me. I had major surgery on 1st March and couldn't walk or even dress myself and he was my absolute rock. He gave me the determination to be able to walk down the aisle without any walking aid (especially as the hospital thought I would still be on my crutches by the wedding). He loved my speech and so did all the guests which I was thankful for!

Right after we had signed the register!

I made these hangers, if anyone wants some tips or advice on how to do these let me know and I will send some links!

After signing the register

I made these candles, in loving memory of family members who are no longer with us. If anyone wants some tips or advice on how to make these let me know and I will be happy to send you some links! Smiley smile

Me and my husband, my sister who was my bridesmaid and my two brother in laws who were the ushers!

So happy...

My beautiful sister and bridesmaid, she looked absolutely stunning!

I absolutely adored our table flowers, I really wanted to take them home! I love seeing things I love and then trying to make them myself, as I did with the candles and the hangers! So I have decided I am going to make these so we can have some on our dining room table as a reminder of our wedding day! It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast!

This was when we were introduced as Husband and Wife as everyone was seated for our wedding breakfast!

My husband and I said that the light up love sign we hired was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day, it really made such a difference to the dance floor and will do for the professional photographs!

I made all the wedding favours! I made shortbread biscuits in the shape of Hearts and made three different sizes per bag!

This is one of my favourite photographs from the day!

My dad was so proud to walk me down the aisle. I was so so nervous, I kept taking deep breaths to try and calm down so I didn't cry!

My dad had the table plan made for my husband and I. Everyone complimented us on it. Thanks pops! We are going to place photographs of our wedding day on to this once they arrive and find some where in the house to put it up!

Our beautiful wedding cake, it went completely with our pink and white theme!

Our first dance!

23 replies

Latest activity by jayannfernandez, 15 of July of 2016 at 06:58
  • R
    Beginner April 2017
    Ratatatmilliecat ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations. You look beautiful and the photo's look like you had an amazing day. If these are the guest ones I'm sure the professional ones will be outstanding.

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Awww, looks fantastic! Congratulations ?

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Looks like you had a fab day, you looked amazing & so happy!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

All of it looks incredible!

You look so happy and beautiful - congratulations! Smiley heart

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

You look stunning and such a beautiful wedding. Bet you were over the moon not to need your crutches and your dad's cufflinks made me cry! Have a wonderful life together. Loving the candles. Can you post how to do it on off topics?

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You looked beautiful!

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

Massive congratulations to you both.

Your day looked absolutely stunning. ?

• Ginguar
    Beginner May 1975
    Ginguar ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, your day looks amazing and I love your dress really suits you.

• rachietown
    Beginner July 2016
    rachietown ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

What a gorgeous wedding, you look so beautiful!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Looks like an amazing day, you look beautiful Smiley smile Glad you had a fantastic time x

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

It all looks beautiful! Huge congratulations to you and your new husband!

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations you look absolutely beautiful!

• NorthernLights
    Beginner November 2017
    NorthernLights ·
    • Hide content

You're a beautiful Couple,what a gorgeous elegant wedding!

Enjoy married life!

• K
    Beginner August 2016
    KatJo ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful pictures. Congratulations! Your dress is lovely!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You, and everything, looks beautiful.

I would love to know how you made the candles and hangers if you don't mind sharing. Also, where did you get the cuff links from? X

• Pink Roses
    Beginner July 2016
    Pink Roses ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for your kind messages!

I brought the cufflinks from Amazon, I have just checked and the business on Amazon I brought them from (Macallen Importers) states they're currently unavailable but I am sure there are other businesses on there that sell them.

For the Candles, I followed videos on YouTube. Here is a link to one which shows you exactly how to do it: https://youtu.be/A1257_Td2Ag

Things you will need:

Pillar Candles, preferably white not cream in colour.
    A4 Paper
    Printer
    WAX PAPER (not baking parchment, I made that mistake on my first trial!) you can buy wax paper from craft shops, I brough 10 sheets of wax paper for £1.50 in The Range.
    Scissors
    Pritt Stick Glue
    Hairdryer and an oven glove to protect your hand!

You basically glue the edges of an A4 page and place an A4 size piece of Wax paper on top.
    place it in to your printer and print the words or pictures you want to be on your candle on to the wax paper side.
    I made sure i practiced printing the sizing on plain A4 paper first to make sure it fit properly on to the candle.

Once printed, cut the wording out and put a little glue on the edges of the wax paper that has the writing on and place it on to the candle.

Holding the candle with your hand covered with the oven glove, use the hairdryer on a hot setting and move it backwards and forwards over the wording on the candle and before your eyes the wax paper melts into the candle and the words are permanently on the candle!

For the hangers, this was the really easy thing to do. I brought 5 white wooden coat hangers from Wilko for £2.50. Here is a link

/en-uk/wilko-white-wooden-coat-hangers-5-pack/p/****

I then ordered personalised vinyl stickers from jjadorablegifts on eBay and stuck them on to the hangers (They come with instructions and they are really really easy to put on to the hangers)

I then brought some little roses from the crafts department in the Range, that come with a green wire at the base of the flower which I wrapped around the hook of the hanger. Obviously you could embellish them with anything you want!

I hope this helps you all!

To all of you getting married Congratulations and have an amazing Wedding Day! Xx

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful pictures. Many congratulations to you and your OH!

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

What a stunning wedding, I love your dress. You look so happy in these photos, congratulations xxxx

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! It's all looks so lovely and you look beautiful! Your guest photos are fab so can only imagine what your professional ones will look like! Thanks for the DIY ideas too!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely give them a go! X

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You got married the day after me! The closest to a date twin I'm gonna get lol. I love your candles and cake especially! But it's all beautiful ☺️

• C
    Beginner November 2017
    CantwaittobeMrsDavies17 ·
    • Hide content

What stunning pictures, you look beautiful. Congratulations to you both, everything looks amazing. I've seen your centrepieces of Pinterest and they're currently sitting on one of my boards - I think they're fab. Well done on your DIY projects, very crafty! x

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

You look absolutely stunning! congratulations!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics