Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Wedding Flowers!

MrsMarshall2B260517, 30 of June of 2016 at 16:46 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone,

So I'm going to see a florist at the weekend to talk flowers, I'm a little nervous as I have no idea what kind of prices are reasonable/realistic. Ill be looking to have my bridal bouquet and bouquets for my 2 bridesmaids, plus the usual button holes and corsages for the wedding party etc. and possibly table decorations depending on price.

I know prices will vary depending on what you have, but how much have other people been quoted? - so I don't fall off my seat if its way more than I was expecting!

Thank you!

9 replies

Latest activity by Tidal Wave, 1 of July of 2016 at 16:28
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think the trick is to specify you want flowers that are in season otherwise they cost a lot more. Good luck. X

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

My flowers cost £275, I had my bouquet, 2 bridesmaid bouquets and a small flower girl bouquet! Grooms buttonhole, and 4 more smaller ones for Dads & Best Men (2) and then 2 corsages for our mums. I absolutely loved my flowers, they were so beautiful! I promise I'll do a report soon and share some pics xx

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

My price breakdowns are:

My bouquet - £85

Bridesmaids buquets - £40 each

Buttonholes and corsages - £6.50 each

Bridal wrist corsage - £15

Then I am DIYing all the table flowers.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

My bouquet: £85 (roses, freesias, eustoma, gypsophila)

Three BM bouquets: £165 (roses, gypsophila)

Three buttonholes and one corsage: £32 (roses, freesias, gypsophila)

£281 in total! This is my florist (http://www.countryflowersflorist.co.uk/weddings) - they list all their prices, which you might find useful.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Nice advice Jayne

• rachietown
    Beginner July 2016
    rachietown ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Here is my cost breakdown:

Bridal Bouquet: Natural rustic posy bouquet to include a range of different textured pastel flowers including a few vibrant varieties with plenty of greenery and succulents. £80

2 Bridesmaid Bouquet: Smaller versions of the bride’s bouquet. £42 each. £84

Groom’s Buttonhole: Blue thistle with a touch of small pastel flowers and twine stem. £6

Ceremony Centrepiece: Long and low design with flowers from the bride’s bouquet and trailing foliage. £88

14 Pew Ends: Small mixture of flowers from the bride’s bouquet with long ivory ribbon bows. £12 each. £168

Delivery charge £12

Total Cost £438

Hope this helps. Good luck with your flowers!

• Letitbecake
    Beginner August 2016
    Letitbecake ·
    • Hide content

Definitely pick flowers that are in season for the time of the year you are getting married as well as filler flowers like gypsophila , hyndrangeas (if you its a summer wedding) and try and use roses that are not the likes of Avalanche roses or David Austin roses, they are gorgeous but can be very expensive.

I do have to say, I do alot of weddings and nothing beats the lovely smells of fresh flowers, that hits your nostrils the second you walk into a room.

If you do want a keepsake as well for your flowers why not have them professionally preserved, such a lovely touch and something I did for my own wedding I have since frame them.

Hope this helps.

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh your flowers sound similar to mine, i LOVE succulents! When are you getting married?

Our flowers are coming to about £900. This includes my bouquet, three adult bridesmaids, one smaller bridesmaid, 8 buttonholes, 2 corsages and 10 tables.

We are reusing some of the arrangements during the day to save us money. So my bouquet will go on the registrars table during the ceremony, the pew ends will be placed on windowsills around the venue after the ceremony, the bridesmaid bouquets will be placed on the top table during dinner so we don't need to pay for extras there. And the table centers are going to be tied up so that they can be given away to grandparents and people who have helped us at the end of the night.

Don't be embarrassed to ask your florist about reusing arrangements to save you money x

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have any floral centrepieces etc, but this is what we had:

A hand held posy. To consist of purple Alstromeria, dark pink Lily’s, white & hot pink Gerberas, white Callas and purple Dahlias. Foliage to compliment. Purple ribbon to bind around stems with pearl topped pins.
    1x Bride Bouquet £75

Small posy’s to consist of white Tulips and complimenting foliage.
    Bridesmaids 3x £25 = £75

Single White Calla with complimenting foliage. Pearl topped pin supplied.
    Button holes x 4 plus 1 tulip version 5x £4.50 = £22.50

White and pink Cymbidium Orchid buttonholes. With a sprig of complimenting foliage. Pearl topped pin supplied.
    £6.50 x 2 = £13.00

The whole total was £185.50

Good luck and have fun.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics