Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MetalBride
Beginner April 2018

Dress confusion.

MetalBride, 27 of May of 2016 at 22:45 Posted on Planning 0 14

I found a dress I like, it's red and very lovely but now I'm confused. My OH keeps saying he doesn't care what I wear so long as it's not a 'toilet dolly' dress but I have no idea what he is talking about, what is a toilet dolly??!! I don't want to pick a dress then have him say that's the kind I told you I think is hideous!

It's also £850 is this reasonably priced for a wedding dress? I just have no idea, I'm getting really confused :-(

Help?!

14 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 31 of May of 2016 at 00:54
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Your Nan might have one - its a loo roll doll, the legs go in the tube and the big fluffy/ frilly dress goes over the loo rol completely covering/hiding it so it looks very big over the loo roll compared to the doll.

• rockabird
    Beginner May 2017
    rockabird ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like he isn't too keen on the idea of a ball gown type dress. Not too sure about the price but it sounds like how much a wedding dress would cost. Sorry, that's not much help!

:-)

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

The dodgy knitted things? That makes sense, the dress I like it's a ball gown which I didn't think is go for, aargh. No idea why I thought this wedding malarkey would be fun.

• rachietown
    Beginner July 2016
    rachietown ·
    • Hide content

Hi, this is a toilet dolly...

I'm sure your lovely dress doesn't look like that so I wouldn't worry. It sounds like you really like the red dress that you found, remember that it's you that will be wearing it not your OH! I'm sure he'll think you look amazing no matter what you wear. When choosing a wedding dress, if you feel happy and confident in it then that's the one for you. £850 is reasonably price (mine is £1,425 eek!)

Good luck! Smiley smile

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

I suspect even if you turned up in that you would still be the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen! Don't worry about what he says now - you're going to look amazing in whatever dress you've picked and he's going to love it!

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

A toilets dolly is a barbie in a HUGE ball gown... you put the legs in the tube and the large skirt covers the toilet paper - they where bizzare things but its basically his way of saying dont get a poofy ball gown I think

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

Think of my gypsy wedding and you have it! Massive great ball gown with lots of underskirts.

The cost of your dress will depend on how much material (so a sheath is cheaper than a ball gown), lace (lots costs more) and bling (all that glitter costs), so it depends on what style you want. A simple sheath can cost as little as £300 and a full on lace, glittery ball gown over £100. I think £850 is about average.

The only thing to ask yourself is will I feel like a bride in a red dress?

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

In all honesty what ever he says ignor it. Unless he has seen u in a ball gown How would he know if he would like it or not? They all look so different and in the wise words of my dad "don't worry about whether or not he will like the dress as when he sees you walk down the isle he will just think wow! He will not care about the dress it just adds to the moment" and his right. My oh said he wasn't keen on big dresses and mine was huge lol when he saw it on he loved it and still comments on it now. If you feel beautiful and confident in it and can invasion yourself wearing it in the day then get it! Also dresses vary in price but I found a lot between **** so I would say 850 is a good price if you have budgeted for this sort of cost. Sample dresses etc are cheaper but if it's the one you want you won't regret getting it ?

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

All of these are ball gown and not one looks the same

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I think he probably means a humongous dress that looks ridiculous. I am sure that your dress looks lovely. Do you have a pic you can show us? £850 is really reasonable. My dress is £1650 (gulp) x

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

This is the one I tried on.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Thats ok.

thats reasonable.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

That's a beautiful dress! Not toilet roll holder at all! You'll look lovely x

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure you'll look beautiful, you'd struggle to swap with me anyway as I haven't got it yet! :-P

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics