Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arpee
Beginner August 2016

What are you doing the night before?

Arpee, 25 of May of 2016 at 16:10 Posted on Planning 0 38

Are you going with tradition and spending the night apart from your H2B? Defying tradition and spending it with him? Are you staying in a hotel or at home? With your bridesmaids? Alone? Do you have any particular plans to help you relax?

38 replies

Latest activity by Ladylou178, 1 of June of 2016 at 17:57
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying with my mum. Joy.

She wants me to get ready at her house, which is fine, but she'll be trying to get me drunk the night before and I really don't want to drink the night before.

Upside is that she has a pool, so hopefully I can get a quick swim in on the Wedding Day Smiley winking

BMs will be coming over morning of Smiley smile

I'm hoping for a relaxed evening with lots of tea and an early night. H2B always likes to stay up late so this may well be the only time I can go to bed at 9pm without judgement ever again haha

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

We were abroad so would have been difficult to not spend the night together. We booked a glass igloo and spent the night in seclusion with no TV etc watching shooting stars and the Northern Lights with a bottle of bubbles.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    hotcookie ·
    • Hide content

We are staying at the hotel the night before, staying together. We aren't getting married until 230, so I can chuck him out in the morning Smiley winking

Lots of our guests are coming from afar and will also be there the night before, so we are having a buffet and a few drinks with everyone, then try and have a relatively early night Smiley laugh

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsCC ·
    • Hide content

I plan to have all my bridesmaids over and all stay at my house. Fiance will probably stay at his parents house round the corner and then the groomsmen will go over to get ready. His friends have a tradition of going to the pub the night before, although he'll be under strict instructions to not drink!!!

The only thing i'm undecided about it my dog. He is my world and I absolutely love him to bits but his hairs get everywhere!! This never bothers me but i'm getting a cleaner in the day before the wedding as we're all getting ready there and my dog is going to the dog sitters for the weekend (home from home boarding). I would love to have him there with me in the morning but know that it's not practical Smiley sad x

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

We've hired luxury barns across the lane from our venue for the weekend of our wedding. There are several separate barns that house 30 people. So, the evening before, we have 30 guests staying with us in the barns. We'll be having a hog roast or a BBQ the night before then I shall be retiring to the big barn with my bridesmaids to have a few drinks and chill out together. OH will sleep in another barn with his ushers. Then we won't see each other until the ceremony X

• rockabird
    Beginner May 2017
    rockabird ·
    • Hide content

We will be spending the night at home together (to the horror of my mother) then I will head down to hers with my daughter, my partner will stay home with son to get ready swperatky. I think this is how it play out but a year away yet so we might change plans depending on finances

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to spend the night before alone at the venue- I really like the idea of having a few hours to myself to obsess over details, pluck stray hairs, panic, drink Prosecco and make the most of the spa bath in the bridal suite!

This plan will entirely depend on whether the venue has a wedding on the Friday before ours on the Saturday- if they do there is still the option (probably) to stay, but somehow I doubt it will be the relaxed calm time I'm imagining if there is a wedding going on.... if there is, then I will probably stay at home with H2B and go to the venue to get ready in the morning.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    Mrsj2be ·
    • Hide content

This is my first post on here. Tonight is my night before my wedding!

i am going to pamper myself, take a long bath and spend my evening with my sister and our children.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

We're staying at our reception venue the night before but in separate rooms. Some of our friends and family will also be there so we will have a big dinner together.

FutureMrsCC I totally get wanting your dog there! Ours will be at the wedding and I wanted them to stay with me the night before and morning of the wedding but it's not a very good idea with a lace dress so I will have to get stepsons to look after them ?

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Our dogs are proving to be one of our biggest headaches in wedding planning- sadly they can't come with us but they aren't used to kennels or staying away from home... and naturally all the people they know and that we'd trust to stay with them at home are going to be at the wedding.... at this point we have absolutely no idea what we are going to do with them!

We are thinking that they are going to have to go into kennels sadly, and are planning to get them used to it slowly- a couple of hours at first, then half a day then a whole day then an overnight etc in the time between now and the wedding... but it's going to break our hearts to put them in kennels even just for 24hours!

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

We had the same problem so picked a dog friendly venue. Our vicar has even said they are allowed in the church!

What about a pet sitter? At least they would be in a home environment. You could ask your vet if they can recommend anyone, or if you have a groomer maybe they know someone.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately because we have three dogs, there are very few sitters round here that will take them all, and we don't want to split them up, obviously! Our groomer is a possibility- she does do some home boarding so we are going to explore that with her (and the dogs!) and see if that works.

I'm probably over cautious and paranoid, but I do worry that if they go to a home boarder or we have a sitter here for them, that the person looking after them might let them off their leads in an unfamiliar place or that they might get out of the garden and get lost... we would be absolutely heartbroken (as all fur-parents would!) if anything happened to any of them and I'm thinking that although they might not like it, they may just be 'safer' in kennels!

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsCC ·
    • Hide content

Good to know i'm not the only dog mad one! We put him in with a home boarder as the thought of kennels upsets me but I see your point about being safer and perhaps easier if you've got 3 dogs. And if it's just for one night then they'll be ok and will be super excited to see you the next day. Well let's be honest, you only have to pop to the end of the garden and dogs will give you a welcome like you've been gone for 2 weeks!!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I only have to shut the bathroom door and be gone three minutes and you'd think I'd been gone a month!

I really need to get my head out of the sand and start thinking seriously about this- before we know it, the wedding will be upon us and we won't have trialled anything!

Gratuitous pic of our girls, just to take this completely off topic!! ?

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I stayed at my parents' house with one of my BMs (the other lives near my parents). It was 6.30pm before I'd done the million things I needed to do, so we went to my parents' local for tea and met some friends and family there. My Dad was buying drinks for all the locals (he's a regular there himself) and telling them "my daughter is getting married in the morning"! Once we got back to my parents', it was bath and bed - I was still shaking off the tail-end of a cold/cough (didn't spoil my day one bit) so I really needed the rest.

Hubby stayed at our house with his groomsmen, they ordered pizza and had a few beers. He told me the house had been a tip on wedding morning and they'd hurried around cleaning it up before they left.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying at the hotel we're having the reception in and my H2B will be at home.

Our families are all staying in town the night before the wedding and are planning on meeting up for a meal - we've both said we won't be attending.

I just want to have a nice quiet night in the hotel room- I'm going to bung a film on the telly and have a nice bath and early night.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

We'll be spending the day before the wedding decorating the marquee, so will probably take everyone who's helping to the pub for dinner, & then go our separate ways - I think he's going to stay at home & I will stay at my sister's house as it's 5 minutes from the venue. Will probably have a girly night with my sister & niece & try to get an early night, & then my other two bridesmaids will hopefully arrive bright & early the next morning for hair & make up!

• C
    Beginner November 2016
    cantwaittobemrsb ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I too will be staying at the venue the night before, which is about 25 mins drive from home and H2B will be staying at our home with his son. Hopefully they wont trash the place too much! My mum and niece are also staying at the venue and my MOH and her daughter (my other bridesmaid) will come in the morning to get ready with us. I think myself, mum and niece will have a nice dinner at the hotel and I plan on pampering myself in the room and getting an early night Smiley smile

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

We'll finish setting up the venue at 4pm and go for food, maybe as a big group.

Then we need to go round and give gifts to everyone - something I am pretty set on doing individually rather than in front of others, so this will probably take a while.

After that, I'll go back to my parents and spend the night there, my sister who is a BM still lives at home so she'll be there too. The other bridesmaids are joining us in the morning. OH is at our house with his best men.

I think it's going to be a busy evening! So once gift giving is done, all I want to do is relax as much as possible, which might be hard!

• A
    Beginner November 2016
    Annaangeluk2016 ·
    • Hide content

We've booked a luxury apartment for the night before and the night of the wedding! I'm going to be staying there on the friday night with my 14 year old daughter (my only bridesmaid!)

My family are all travelling up to us that day so will be arriving early evening. Hoping to meet up with them all for a meal and then back to the hotel early to chill out! (By chill out I of course mean obsess and stress over every tiny detail!!)

My h2b is staying with his best friend who luckily I trust not to get him drunk the night before, to feed him on the morning of the wedding and get him there on time! We asked her if she minded him staying there that night and she burst into tears and said it was an honour!!! Bless her!

H2b's son and his wife and kids will be staying at our house for the weekend of the wedding. I couldn't face getting ready at my mum's! Four of us fighting over the bathroom etc just seemed too stressful! The apartment isn't cheap but we thought sod it!!

Anna xx

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

I'm booked into the cottage at the reception venue the night before. OH will stay at home with his best Man. Will probably end up being on my own - my sister (BM) says she's driving on the day. Not sure on my other BM's plans at the mo. Mum will probably be at home...

His parents are set on us going for a meal the night before, with their family... We're even entertaining the idea until we know what time we can get into the ceremony venue to decorate. Plus I still have no idea if any of my family/friends will be staying the night before or not.

• rachietown
    Beginner July 2016
    rachietown ·
    • Hide content

Me and h2b are staying in the hotel where our reception will be. We'll be going out for dinner with my family the night before (his aren't arriving until the next day) and then for a drink with the best man and his partner. There is a huge bath in the hotel room so planning to have a relaxing soak and an early night. In the morning he's going to go to best mans hotel to get ready and my bridesmaids are coming over to the hotel to get ready with me.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

OH and I will both stay with my parents the night before and have a quiet one and an early night. My mum really wanted me to "get married from your family home", and I couldn't disappoint her. If it had been up to us we'd probably have booked our bridal suite for the night before as well. But it's sweet that she's so keen to fuss over me in the morning...aww. My BM will come over in the morning to get ready with me, then we'll kick OH out just before I get into the dress and he'll go and meet his Best Man down the pub for a swift half before the ceremony. Then the next time we meet will be at the altar Smiley smile

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be staying at the hotel near the venue the night before. Lots of my family are staying there too so we'll go to a local pub for dinner and then my son and I will be slipping away for an early night. I want to wake up feeling as fresh as possible.

What are your plans Arpee?

• Sweeties
    Beginner November 2016
    Sweeties ·
    • Hide content

Our Cat is getting dropped off the evening before the wedding, and picked up the morning after.

I'm spending the night at home. But my bridesmaid, her OH and my folks might be staying over the night before. So We'll prob all go out for a meal.

The groom to be can't make up his mind if he's staying the night at home, or going to his folks for the night.

I'm not bothered either way, as long as he's not under my feet the morning of the wedding, while I collect all my bits and pieces. I'm getting dressed at the venue, so as long as he doesn't see the dress that's all that matters to me.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

2BMrsC we have also had this issue too as my dog is a puppy still and he would hate being in a kennel and like you everyone will be at the wedding. I actually asked our vet if they new any sitters that will come to the home they could recommend and they did but actually one of the nurses is coming to stay for the night and day of the wedding at our house to look after him and our two cats so they can all stay there and be happy and I am happy knowing they wont be stressed out! Might be worth asking your vets as lots of nurses do this and I could not think of anyone better to look after them all!

I will be staying in the hotel local to my venue with my bridesmaids and having a pamper with room service, bubbles and an early night!

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

We are both going to the hotel the night before and having a meal and drinking the night away - sensibly may I add. We have booked a suite and a standard room but thats only so guests can get changed in one as check in isnt until 15:00 and we have a midday slot. We arent doing this whole cant see each other before thing as its jsut atoo much of a faff as we are going to help set up as well.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    lavenderblue ·
    • Hide content

Our venue package included a family room for my bridesmaids and I the night before the wedding. Thinking of bringing some face masks, nail polish etc and having a pamper evening- I'll be giving them their gifts that night too.

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what to do. We will spend the day before setting up the venue, maybe have a quick drink at the pub down the road and then H2B will go to the holiday cottage his brother has hired near the venue, and I'll go home (half an hour away).

I definitely want to be at home with everything I'm used to (don't want to be in a temperamental shower in the morning!), so I don't want to stay with my local BM or in the place my parents have booked. But I don't think I want to be alone the whole time, so perhaps I will invite my BMs over for the evening, although one is staying in a B&B near the venue, half an hour away, so I don't know how she'll get back unless she gets a taxi. Maybe I won't have time for any of that and I'll be too busy washing my hair and tweezing stray eyebrow hairs?!

• Emmy1102
    Beginner September 2016
    Emmy1102 ·
    • Hide content

My whole family (including in laws) have booked the same travelodge for the night before, so we'll all have a meal together at the local pub (I'm calling it the last supper), and then I'm sharing a room with my bridesmaids! H2B is staying at the best mans house to eat all of the takeaways and play PlayStation (he might as well do it whilst he can ?).

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying in a very nice suite at the Hilton right on the Tyne Bridge with three of the bridesmaids (the other two have children so are coming to get ready the next morning). My fiance is staying at our house, possibly with his brother and the best man, and our two dogs are staying with the groomer til the morning after the wedding. I'll miss the dogs so much! I wish we could have had them involved in the wedding but we're getting married in a restaurant and bar so unfortunately they can't come.

So fingers crossed we'll have time for a nice meal somewhere on the Quayside then come back for a bit sit around in PJs and an early night.

• F
    Beginner April 2017
    flounder35 ·
    • Hide content

I am staying at our daugters, while sons are staying with htb at home, hopefully daughter and I will have a relaxing evening with food and a little drink, just a little lol x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics