Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NorthernLights
Beginner November 2017

Lets all do a ring *FLASH*!!

NorthernLights, 24 of May of 2016 at 14:52 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hey Guys,

So, I got an Idea Inspired by OneHartOrTwo's Engagement Ring flash post (which was only like 30 mins ago)

Why don't all us lovely Wifeyyys-to-be give our engagement rings a flash!

Not Forgetting the lovely bunch who have been lucky enough to have their big day, and are still sticking with us planning lunatics here at Hitched ? We want your piccys too!

Ill start with mine below...

I was lucky enough to get surprised with the question under a spectacular show of the Northern Lights In Iceland (Hence the Forum Name!)

Very special place for us, And I cant wait to be his wife.

Now.. your Turn Girlies (And Guys) .... ?

30 replies

Latest activity by Vixy1987, 10 of June of 2016 at 11:52
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

We spent the night before the wedding in a glass igloo and I stayed up all night watching the amazing northern lights. Hence bags on the wedding photos lol. Worth it.

• NorthernLights
    Beginner November 2017
    NorthernLights ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I saw the wedding piccys you posted and didn't notice any bags! Yourself and your Wedding were absolutely stunning! ?

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Ah why not - wee picture of my ring to cheer up my afternoon. I picked mine out myself and it's totally the opposite of what I thought I'd chose but I love it! He took me out for a picnic one random afternoon when I was at work and popped the question. Loved it! Was such a surprise - even though I knew he had the ring - and was super romantic Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Loved every minute of it. Going back next January as our anniversary gift for more snow, reindeer, husky mushing, snowmobiling and HOPEFULLY more Northern Lights. We are also planning an Alaska coast cruise in a few years when I'm 5 years cancer free! I'm an Arctic cold holiday addict now lol. Iceland is on my list too.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Don't have to ask me twice! ?

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

My h2b did a super job at choosing a ring for me and completely surprising me and it was very special night!

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

This is my beautiful ring, so beautiful I don't really want a wedding ring. I love the way the diamond is cut, it looks like it's shattered in the right light.

• rachietown
    Beginner July 2016
    rachietown ·
    • Hide content

After 10 years together my h2b proposed with this beautiful sapphire and diamond ring by Anna Sheffield, my fave jewellery designer!

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine! It was my Grandma's - I asked H2B to marry me, and my parents had given me the ring the year before to use as I wanted, but I rarely wore it due to size and value, so it seemed like the perfect idea to use it as an engagement ring.

• NorthernLights
    Beginner November 2017
    NorthernLights ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh you bunch of beauties, they're all gorgeous so far ?

• Pinguin
    Beginner September 2017
    Pinguin ·
    • Hide content

my ring ? white gold with a blue/purple sapphire

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

We were on holiday in the south of France. We rented a Vespa and drove to Cannes for the day (I've spent some time there for work in the past and wanted to show him around). He was sweaty and nervous all day so I knew something was going on. After dinner we went for a walk on the beach and he proposed!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh lovely rings ladies!

Here is mine. OH proposed on a gondola in Venice which was a trip away for my 30th birthday x

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I chose my ring and still absolutely adore it- sadly my H2B has admitted recently that he really doesn't like it which makes me sad.. but it is exactly what I wanted- not too big, trilogy and white gold and diamonds....

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I love how there are so many gorgeous unique engagement rings! Here are mine:-

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine - it was his late mother's engagement ring, so it means a lot. Plus it's absolutely perfect for me and exactly what I would have chosen!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine - aquamarine because we started dating in March ('12) - and diamonds either side. I can't wait to go back to the jeweller who made it to start discussing the wedding band!

Sorry it's so massive & weirdly stretched...!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Well, why not. ER is vintage, WR from Beaverbrooks.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Some gorgeous rings on here! This is my set, still surprises me when I look down and see them ?

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

Here's mine, sapphire and diamond. It was my gran's engagement ring

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    Ellensmummy ·
    • Hide content

Can't wait to be able to wear these together! Here's my pic i have saved of both rings together. Just the one on for know though!

• Ginguar
    Beginner May 1975
    Ginguar ·
    • Hide content

Was as surprised on my birthday after subtly suggesting for years

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    SunnyPurpleHair123 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely rings girls!

Dreams and Rachie, what kind of WR are you going for? yours are similar to mine and I'm struggling to find something to match!

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have no idea! I really just wanted a plain gold band but I think I need to get a curved band. I'm going to go back to the jewelers we bought it from and see what they recommend. They did say if I got a flat band it would probably go under it.

• rachietown
    Beginner July 2016
    rachietown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is mine, it's the Bea Band from Anna Sheffield, it just arrived last Saturday and I tried it on with my engagement ring and they fit together beautifully!

Good luck with the hunt for your wedding band! Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content

I love my ER. OH got it from an independent J in The Lanes in Brighton. Not the biggest but perfectly formed and due to the cut it REALLLLY sparkles. Being teamed with my Great Great Grand Nanny's wedding ring which is being dipped. Can't wait! (Apologies for finger placement.....my nails are in a shocking state! ?)

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

I've got 3 rings to flash because well there a bit of a story behind them all. My fiance proposed just after christmas when we where visiting my family in Ireland, he proposed in the snow next to my grandfather's grave with my nan and little sister their. He hadn't been planning it there but said he had tried all day to ask somewhere but didn't have the opportunity. My nan was delighted as she said my grandad always wanted a daughter (I never met him as he died before I was born) and would of been delighted to see me get married. My uncle has just recently sadly died and he is actually buried right on the spot my finace proposed, he would laugh his head off at this and it also brings happy memories to a sad place I suppose.

Now my orginal ring was picked by fiance and it was a ruby ring (our dog named ruby had died the month before he proposed, and she was meant to be part of the proposal but died quickly with cancer). The ring was so special to me as it was in memory of her. Then say about 9 months later my cousin proposes to his girlfriend and I didn't know until they sent out the save the dates that the ring was exactly she same as mine. I mean the exact same. I was super mad and upset but let it go because his girlfriend does love red and he may of seen ours and thought it was a lovely ring and it was a compliment not a diss. I've now found out that his sister (who is also my cousin and a lovely person who wore the same dress as me, to my hen party and just loves to put me down whenever she can) that she picked out the ring for him, say no more. Knowing probably how much my ring meant to me. Anyway one of the stones in my ring came out before I found all this out and my fiance said the place he got it from couldn't replace the ring but could fit in a new diamond or refund us. I grew to dislike the ring because of what had happened and also it was silver and I didn't like it. We got a refund and my partner saved up a bit more to get me another ring with matching wedding band from America. In the mean time because I wanted a special memory of our dog ruby, he also bought me a ruby ring (not real ruby as it's huge) from qvc and it's based on the ring Richard Burton gave Elizabeth Taylor so I love it. I plan to wear it on special occasions and wedding day on my right hand.

Wow what a ramble haha here is the pictures, first in the original ring, 2nd my now engagement ring and 3rd my ruby ring.

• Emmy1102
    Beginner September 2016
    Emmy1102 ·
    • Hide content

H2B picked out my ring by himself and carried it around for 9 months(!!!) waiting for the right moment, before finally proposing in Disney World Florida, after the fireworks on my 25th Birthday!

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Aw Emmy that's the best proposal story I've ever heard! I love Florida - I'm trying to convince mine to go to Disney for our honeymoon!

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE this! All rings are so beuatiful and unique!

Here is mine, with the new addition of wedding band. OH picked out the ER himself and I don't think I could have picked better!! We had my wedding ring made so it fits perfectly around the ER. Both from the Jewelry Quarter in Brum - couldn't recommend there enough!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics