Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Off topic is tragic now!

*Mini*, 23 of April of 2016 at 21:41 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 51

Thought I would see what happens on OT nowerdays, it's so sad! Where is everyone?

51 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 20 of July of 2016 at 23:39
  • A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

They're having a poo...

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Its sad, when I first joined OT used to be so popular. Now all the OM's have disappeared and OT just seems to be dying on its a**e. several of us have tried encouraging ppl over from the main threads, but as you can see with no real success.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I don't understand why people don't want to talk about anything but weddings Smiley sad

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I hang out on here when I can!

Mostly because I'm really bored at work haha

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hello Minione ?

Just passing through and was thinking the same. ☹️

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I've been attempting to keep the Book thread alive and come here every now and then, but that seems to have died a death too.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I pass through occasionally. It started dying when they split off baby talk as people had to use other platforms and switching between several is a pain. So this one got ditched. Bit sad really

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I've just popped back after what seems like an age away ☹️

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're busy decorating Crocs ?

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I popped back recently to see what was happening. Not much. I think the biggest mistake was getting rid of the baby forum. Even mumdrum didn't work out. And I can't be bothered now it's disappeared over to made for mums. We lost that community.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Once upon a time, the OT forum was very active and very controversial. Unfortunately, Hitched cannot differentiate posts from wedding discussions to "volatile" discussions, and as Hitched ranks highly on google, these controversial threads showed up very high on searches. The nature of some of these were deemed to not be good for the image of Hitched, so, after a few forumwarnings, a splinter group was set up for OT discussions away from this forum group. This group is not linked to hitched in any way apart from the fact that a lot of opinionated former members now reside on it.....

hth

Peter

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

What on earth are you talking about Peter!? Hitched did not warn the regulars/OTers away from here, they/we just found a better more convenient method of keeping in touch!

The first wave left first (Hi Mini/Pompey/Funky etc etc - are you guys all still in touch with one another?) and then the second wave of us left about a year after - there are still 27 of us from the second wave who keep in close touch and chat every day.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Uh, that's not true Peter. Or I certainly never received any warnings or any contact of any kind from admins (in fact they are unresponsive even when you need them). Anyone else ever get one of thee mysterious warnings to stay away...?

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Nope

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Hi mini! ?

Ha, don't know about the mini era wave of otters but we certainly never got any warnings etc (in fact it was almost impossible to get an admins attention) we just wandered off once most of us were married to make space for the next wave, who sadly never came by the look of it!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

No warnings here either. Just having more fun elsewhere! Anyone going to admit to being the naughty ones?

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

I'll admit to being a long-time lurker before joining proper last year when I got engaged, and that seemed to be the time OT went quiet. I thought it was something I'd said!

I always thought it was so nice how everyone chatted and seemed to be really close and was looking forward to being part of it, but there are only a few posters now that I'd want to take the time to talk to.

It's sad, but I guess that's life Smiley sad Glad you are all still friendly with each other!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely no warnings here. Instead I have 27 awesome women that I stop in touch with every single day and we share lots of our lives with each other that I'd never want to put on here on the public domain. Sad that hitched has died off but really that's not our fault!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I recall a couple of threads that were "pulled", and that there were comments about hitched being legally liable for any posts hosted on the forum, I recall, or thought I did, that this led to the breakaway group.....

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Nope!

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have been told loud and clear that nobody reveived a warning and 27 of us left of our own volition. I don't get why you're 'remembering' things that didn't happen, but I would be grateful if you would stop it. If hitched is responsible for every single post made them they won't to be responsible for your misrepresentations of current and former members.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

*then they won't want to be responsible*

I see hitched still doesn't work properly on my phone, making it hard to read what I've typed. Part of the reason I gave up coming here

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hey Silly Wrong ? How are you? Yes still in touch with many otters on FB etc.

Ooooh what is this naughty forum you speak of Peter?

I know historically there were quite a few controversial posts and I believe a few people were banned. (This was before I was a regular user pre 2012)

In my time there were quite a few posts that stirred up some strong opinions and heated debates. Children at weddings, religion (or lack of) at church weddings, asking for money instead of gifts (and money poems), expressing what you don't like about weddings etc. or just expressing an opinion that didn't agree with the original poster which occasionally resulted in personal insults being made. (more over on wedding planning than OT though, we could have a heated debate over here without falling out or taking things personally).

I think people moved away from the forum because it's not very mobile friendly so people have migrated onto Facebook groups which are more private and user friendly.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I remember those, not because they are from my time but because they've often been linked to. The 'what don't you like about weddings' in particular is an absolute humdinger, and ended up in some very nasty personal comments - possibly from people who were regulars at the time, but no names I recognised. But as far as I could tell reading it back at a later date, nothing was ever deleted from the thread. I recall commenting once that if I was a mod here I might have warned some people for their personal insults, but as far as I know nothing like that happened, because the mods didn't get involved - and they still don't.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Considering ive been on here for just over 2 years and I haven't a clue who the mods are... that speaks wonders for this.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Found that post. Took me hours to read and omg what happened there.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I've tried and failed to find it Jayne... must try harder!! I do love a good 'car crash' thread when I've nothing better to do ?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/374490.aspx

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

Ahh, this is sad that this has gone off the boil. There were never any warnings - in fact there was no sign of any sort of community management whatsoever. Couple that with the unfriendly user experience on mobile and it's only natural that groups will splinter off on their own accord.

Hi to everyone. I was more of a lurker than poster really but ... yeah. Hi anyway.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jayne.... I think!!! I'm up to page 28.... it's like an addiction.... I should be doing much more important things, but I just can't stop reading it!! ?

• S
    seriouslyodd ·
    • Hide content

I've not looked at hitched for a long time, maybe 2 years? And was never much of a poster, more of a lurker... anyway...

I *think* Peter is referring to the Deadwood forum that was setup after a few of the very long term and prolific posters got fed up. I could be very wrong but if I'm not that actually came long before OT pretty much died off, around 2011 IIRC.

Do the names Tinker/Tinks, Mooey or Sparkles mean anything to anyone? I seem to remember them being amongst the most regular posters when I joined in 2010

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jayne - this should help me waste an hour at work... ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics