Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2017

Wedding venues advice around the M25

LuxuriousBrownCakes519, 5 of February of 2016 at 10:43 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi,

Really struggling trying to find a venue, looking for somewhere to have 80 day guests and 150 evening.. everything i have seen seems to be over £10k for a package, and everything under doesn't seem to be very modern and old fashioned. Any advice? I was thinking of a manor house/ barn/ hotel.

12 replies

Latest activity by noideahowtoplanawedding, 27 of February of 2016 at 09:16
  • K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

Try to book the venue for off season/midweek to save money? Could try trimming the guest list slightly too? If location isn't too important, try searching slightly outside of London to see if that helps. Although I was looking around Berkshire/Surrey and the costs were similar to what you describe, so not sure if it does get cheaper the further out you go?

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

It's a bit outside the M25 but I'm getting married at The Orangery in Maidstone. They have packages (under £10k) or there is the option to have a bespoke day. One of the main selling points for us was that it is nice and modern - but not uber-modern or anything.

• R
    Beginner July 2017
    RomanticPurpleCakes495 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya have a look at The Tudor Barn, Burnham near Slough. It's a beautiful barn venue and you can marry there and it's not wildly expensive. The Burnham Beeches nearby is a lovely hotel that does reasonable packages. Stoke Place at Stoke Poges is a luxury venue so pricey but gorgeous. The Bull Hotel at Gerrards Cross is another venue doing reasonable packages.

Hope this helps, good luck with your search xx

• B
    Beginner February 2016
    BearFeb2016 ·
    • Hide content

Any particular part of the m25??

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I'm really sorry, but you have pretty big numbers! Mid week would be a good start, but if you want to come in at under £10k, you're going to have to seriously look at how many people you invite.

If you're happy to go to Chelmsford for your ceremony part, try Hylands House, then bus everyone to Earls Colne Golf Club for a party in the evening with disco and buffet dinner. We had my wifes 40th party there, it was great value for money and very professional.

Just an idea!

• Neil Walker Photography
    Neil Walker Photography ·
    • Hide content

A bit further out from the M25, but Farbridge is a fantastic venue with excellent staff & a great chef!

http://www.farbridge.org.uk/

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    PinkandGold91 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at Smeetham Hall Barn packages x

• V
    Beginner June 2016
    Vintage&lava ·
    • Hide content

Try Monkton Barn near Marlow in Buckinghamshire. We're getting married there in June this year. They're super flexible so you just hire the venue then do what you want (within reason) after that.

Good luck!

• Neil Gratton Photography
    Beginner August 2015
    Neil Gratton Photography ·
    • Hide content

That's quite an area!

As mentioned above, Hylands House is worth a look - quick from M25 J28. I shot an engagement session there a couple of weeks ago - the wedding is at the same place in November this year.

My brother's wedding was at Missenden Abbey in Great Missenden, which is about 20 minutes from M25 J18, and I'm also happy to recommend.

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

bit of an unusual idea but have you thought about hiring a private school (in the holidays of course)? I very nearly got married at the private school I work at (changed my mind as worried might not like the idea later on... After all it's my workplace!) but some are simply stunning - and, more importantly, can be cheap. Mine was going to give me the venue for £1000 (but I think it's £2000 for non-staff) and food at cost price, plus don't charge for corkage (a HUGE saver imo) (and can do a cash bar too if preferred). They don't do many weddings so could be a gamble but you'd also get special treatment - and some of the dining halls and quads are beautiful (similar to Oxbridge colleges).

It definitely wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but a potential way of getting a large venue in that area cheaply (my school is 2 mins from M25 - there's loads of pretty private schools in that part of the world!)

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Oh sorry should have said - many also have a chapel you can have the actual ceremony in desired. But some schools might only allow this is you have a connection to the school.

• N
    Beginner September 2017
    noideahowtoplanawedding ·
    • Hide content

We looked at Monks Barn in Hurley, though went for another barn out in Suffolk in the end (too far for you or are you considering that way?). I liked Monks as it was a blank space (literally you just get the barn and everything else you do yourself-means you can keep costs down!). They don't do packages though. They say they hold 150 but I think having seen it that would be quite tight and the venue wouldn't look empty with fewer.

good luck! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics