Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Calella
Beginner August 2016

Long time no see!

Calella, 4 of December of 2015 at 12:23 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello Hitchers Smiley smile I've been MIA for quite some time, and there have been a lot of changes!

we're now under the 9 months to go mark, and last week we cancelled our venue and booked another for the same date (still can't believe they had it!) this has taken away most of our financial worries and a lot of our concerns about numbers on the day.

change of venue led to change of colour scheme! Not too worried about that, in fact I feel more inspired!

i cancelled my wedding ring. I hadn't looked elsewhere because I got so wrapped up I didn't bother shopping around, I've now found another one I love for £400 cheaper!

Our car supplier is selling the car we booked - I'm still dealing with this one!

me and H2b both changed jobs and I took a significant wage cut. Money can't buy you happiness though, right?!

So insuppose the moral of my story - shop around, and don't worry if things don't go as you planned at first. It'll all work out!

5 replies

Latest activity by Calella, 5 of December of 2015 at 12:38
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

You seem very happy about all the changes. Look forward to seeing pics.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

So glad you feel happier with the change of venue etc. I think it's so easy to get warpped up in the "romance" of wedding planning that you end up not shopping around and make rash decisions a lot more than you usually would - I definately have!

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I think at the start it's easy to say "I suppose this is just how much weddings cost" and accept the best of a bad bunch.

The idea of saving money at the start seems easy but then life gets in the way and it's a lot harder to save as much as you planned!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Em, I think this causes for a new flash please!! Xx

• PrettyFlower90
    Beginner July 2016
    PrettyFlower90 ·
    • Hide content

This is just too weird, I was on the forum earlier and thought I hadn't seen you around much Calella!!

I'm sorry to hear you cancelled Gean House! =( Where have you changed to? I'm sure change of colour won't be too bad, and you've still got plenty of time as you've said!! Can't believe about the car supplier though! Have they not got another one for you? Or at least given you your deposit back I hope..

Glad to see your back though! =)

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

We've changed to the Macdonald Inchyra, they have been absolutely fantastic so far! We didn't even consider them initially because we thought there was no chance we could afford it's! Oh how wrong we were!

We're so happy with our decision, can't believe how close its getting now! Only things left to organise really are flowers and maybe a honeymoon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics