Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

katieJ2b
Beginner October 2016

Any October 2016 brides out there?!

katieJ2b, 17 of November of 2015 at 15:47 Posted on Planning 0 103

We are getting married on the 21st October in Essex.....

Any one else out there getting married in the same month? What have you guys got sorted so far?x

103 replies

Latest activity by katieJ2b, 17 of November of 2016 at 12:50
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I've bumped the 2016 brides thread up the list for you. There are a lot of October brides so if there is an October separate list they can point you in the right direction Smiley smile

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Yay! We're 15th October 2016 Smiley smile

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

We've sorted:
    Venue
    Registrar
    Food
    Drinks
    Photographer
    Flowers
    Cars (ish)
    Invites
    Table centres
    My shoes
    Favours
    Hair booked
    Rings (we're having our respective grandparents wedding rings ❤️)

Still to do:
    My dress
    BM's dresses (found, waiting to go into sale)
    Suits (doing in July)
    Save dates (sending in Feb time ish)
    DJ
    Honeymoon (delayed until after wedding to tie in with OH's 30th)
    Confirm make up

Don't think I've missed anything!

What about you?

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! October 1st over here! It's getting closer and closer and I don't feel particularly prepared!

I've sorted venue, tog, bridesmaid dresses (happened to see them in the exact colour we wanted so had to get them!) and honeymoon but not much else! Got first dress appointment next week. Really need to crack on with planning again. What has everyone else done so far?

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, Kat Furlong, now I feel very behind!

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh no!! I need to get my bum into gear then!! We only booked the venue a few weeks ago though. But we have sorted venue and registrar (obvs), the DJ (although our venue has a resident DJ so that's cheating really!) and photographer who we decided on literally this evening!!

I've ordered our Save the Dates from a lovely little seller on eBay and Etsy. The plan is to send these with Christmas cards to save on postage!

I think florist is next.....but I still don't really know what I'm going for colour wise...my idea keeps evolving slightly so I'm hoping I'm almost there. I feel like I can't really make anymore decisions until I've sorted this!

Where are you guys getting married??

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes, I've sorted dj too, I forgot about that! You've made me feel better though, compared to some people, I don't feel very organised!

We are getting married in the Lake District although we live in Birmingham. It's a place that is special to us and so beautiful. Makes things slightly more difficult with planning because we are using suppliers from up there so can't do certain things until we can get away for a weekend. Where are you getting married?

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure how I've sorted so much to be honest! Starting to worry about the dress, I cannot find anything I like really ? I've found a tea length dress which is lovely and feels great on, but I didn't get the 'wow' feeling.

We're getting married in Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight ?

Lake District is beautiful ?

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in a barn in Essex, taking my mum to have a look on Saturday as she didn't come the first time!

Maybe go back and try the dress again and see how it makes you feel?? If you are still thinking about it then maybe it's meant to be?x

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    MissA can't wait to be MrsT ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies

We're 15.10.16 and have decided on our florist today!

Already booked venue, registrar, photographer. We're also handing out day invites as we see people during the Christmas period - got them from Vistaprint.

Food and drink are through the venue and booked for January.

Kat - I've been to 1 dress shop and loved the experience, felt very indulgent trying on all these lovely dresses. I have read that it can take some time to find the right one, not everyone immediately has a 'wow' moment but if it's a dress that you can't stop thinking about maybe it's the right one or perhaps the style is right but the 'one' is out there.

Katie - I went to the florist with about 5 colours - all autumny themed and they came up with some good ideas. Is there one thing that's holding you up on colour? e.g. bridesmaids dresses.

xx

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Well today my idea is all neutral tones (Ivory and champagne tones) with a hint of plum and gold glitter. But this has changed daily.....I need some inspiration, and someone to understand my vision!!

Were the colours you went to the florist with completely different, or all along the same lines??

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

I showed the florist this pic

They were really good at talking through ideas and most said that if I completely changed my mind then with enough notice they could change it. The main things you need to tell them is the items you want - e.g. brides shower bouquet, 3 x bridesmaids bouquets. Then it helps you get an idea of cost, they can also tell you which flowers are generally more expensive and offer alternatives for you.

Hope this helps

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Kat Furlong - Just googled Hulme Hall and it's beautiful! Lucky you!

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! We knew it was exactly where we wanted to get married as soon as we walked in ?

KatieJ2b - I've tried it in twice, I keep coming back to it, so I'm sure if I don't find anything else, I'll be happy enough with it, I just wanted to be over the moon with it!

I just don't know what I really want. I love tea length, that's the only decision I've made ?

Have you found your dress yet?

Any October brides having a jacket or wrap?

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Miss A - were date twins!

KatieJ - neutral tones are lovely ?

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

Hi twin!

Meant to say I'm Dawn Smiley smile

Did you pick your date for any special reason?

We knew we wanted autumn - all the Saturdays in September we're booked and my MOH's birthday is the 8th so we went with the middle of the month (after googling rain fall in October vs when the leaves were likely to change)

I'm debating about a jacket but have seen another thread by a lady who says she usually always has the heating on at home (I'm a bit like that) and she was warm on her day because of the running around - can't remember which month she got married.

I was also considering having some cozy blankets around or I may end up stealing my OH's jacket Smiley smile

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I was hoping that the weather will be fair so we can have our guests outside for photos - most importantly the confetti shot!

But now I'm hoping it will be a bit colder so I can get a snuggly jacket! I also saw somewhere (probably on here) that a November bride provided slipper socks instead of flip flops for her evening reception - I LOVE that idea, but would look a bit strange if the weather was still quite nice!

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

I was watching the weather really closely this year, even days when there was rain it wasn't all day so you should be OK for the confetti shot - you may just have to play it by ear. That's what we did at another wedding in August - it was really stormy but cleared up after dinner.

I really like the slipper sock idea too and if you think about it flip flops are more for summer holidays so slipper socks are a bit different.

x

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Hi Dawn ?

Sort of, we wanted 10th September which would be 6 years to the day we met, but nowhere had the date free, it's also fmil's butthday the 14th September. We got engaged in 12th September and really overshadowed her birthday which I felt terrible about!
    So we went with 15th October as 10th October is 6 year anniversary, the 8th was taken ?

My OH suggested Easter!! He was shocked I wanted a year to plan ?

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Slipper socks is an awesome idea!

Me and my work colleagues all got each other slipper socks for Christmas (accidentally, none of us knew what the others were getting!!) and we danced the Christmas party away in them! It'll definitely go down well ? slippers could even work, those roll up ones for when feet are getting sore?

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Going to primark tomorrow to look for slippers!!!! Smiley smile x

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

Katie - Are you OK to let me know how you get on with Primark? I started thinking that instead of favours we could put slippers on each persons chair for them to wear after dinner and have a basket of some extras for the reception guests.

My OH pointed out with slipper socks you can't go outside in them - my fmil smokes so she'd be in and out.

I know what you mean Kat - think they are called roll-a-soles

When you first set out picking a wedding date it is really hard because you look at your existing anniversary's and what else is going on in the year e.g. birthday's. We took the approach that we'd make a new day one that was special to us plus it's 1 month after we got engaged (15.09.14). It was so existing this year to be able to say 1 year to go!

Sounds like your OH wanted to give his mum a new daughter in law for her birthday Smiley smile

xx

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Primark update! Loads of styles and choice in Primark! You are looking at between £3-5 a pair though. They have some with soles as well so perfect for going outside in.

I wasn't planning on spending that much so going to rethink and have a look around to see what else I can find. Will report back! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile

I know there's the main 2016 thread but I got a bit overwhelmed with it, I like our smaller October thread.

I went dress shopping today! 2nd time and it hasn't beat my favorite that I saw in the first shop. Still going to keep trying on dresses and seeing if anything measures up to my favorite.

xx

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

I like this one as well ☺️

Took my mum to see the venue today (she didn't see it before we booked it) and she loved it! Although I knew she would!

One the drive back we stopped and had a peek in a dress shop if heard of. First appointment booked for 2nd Jan! Eeeek! Won't be able to overindulge over Christmas though ha ha! Excitingggggggg

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Hey 2016 brides I'm not 2016 I got married on 11th October 2014 it was a beautiful day however I did have a little feather bolero which I changed into in the evening I did really appreciate it mainly because we did have fireworks I'm normally quite a hot person so maybe I'd have coped without but it was lovely too have it.

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

Hi Lala

Thank you for the tip, have you got any other advice now that you're a married lady? or as I'm being nosy any flashes of your day Smiley smile

Before I started wedding planning I'd glance a bit at my friends wedding photos but now I love looking through them. Feels so exciting/stressful.

xx

• P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Im new to this site. Got engaged on 9 October this year and we have just booked venue and registrar for 8 October 2016. That is all we have done so far though! Was going to start planning rest after christmas but seeing how organised everyone is are we leaving it late to plan a whole a wedding?

Our venue is having a wedding fair in January which might give us ideas but i cant make it so sending my OH with strict instructions not to book anything without checking with me first.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

My only other advise would be to smile and enjoy it. So what if something isn't quite right people will only know it's wrong if you tell them? You don't need to spend a lot of money on favors, they get left behind. And if you have even a ounce of creativity or a printer and a computer, make things yourself invites etc :-) we tried to do a lot of stuff like that ourselves they wasn't particularly fancy but went down very well :-)

Oh... And stop on hitched... This place is a wise place :-)

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

Thank you Lala, that's really helpful Smiley smile

Hi Nikki, I know from other threads that you can plan a whole wedding really quickly. I've been doing bits, having a break and then doing more bits rather than trying to book everything at once.

We'll have been engaged 2 years by the time we get married and I was starting completely from scratch. I never thought I'd meet someone that I'd end up marrying until I met my OH so didn't have any kind of picture in my head.

xx

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

How's the 2016 October brides getting on?

• M
    Beginner October 2016
    • Hide content

Hiya LalaC1988

Things are going well, finally put a deposit on my dress last month, it'll come into the shop in August - I can't wait!

How are you getting on?

We're thinking about sending out our reception invites soon but still have a few of our day guests to pin down first Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics