Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AnnaMolly
Beginner October 2015

Please please someone tell me it's all worth it!

AnnaMolly, 16 of October of 2015 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 6

Two weeks to go and I'm stressing big time!

I'm really just not looking forward to it at the moment and kind of wishing we had just eloped (although I know I would have then regretted not having the big wedding had we done that - argh).

I just can't see anything coming together, the venue is stressing me out with all their rules and I just CANT BE ARSED ANYMORE. Seriously, I've been rubbish at this wedding planning thing from the beginning and now I'm well and truly over it.

Right I'm done.

Someone tell me it's worth it ?

6 replies

Latest activity by BridgetJonesNoLonger, 17 of October of 2015 at 20:33
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

ITS WORTH IT!

Sloping is for me but it's not for you or you would never have planned the big wedding. In two weeks it will be over and you will be married to your wonderful HUSBAND.

It's natural that this is the time you will panic that it will all come together and be amazing. And it will I promise.

Deep breath, glass of wine. Carry on. Forget the rules and just say what doesn't get done we do without and it will still be unbelievable. Xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Eloping not sloping! Predictive text!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Haha, thanks Jayne. Just keep calm and carry on I guess. And yes wine, always wine!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

And if possible take a day for you and do whatever makes you happy or have a massage or drink too much wine or wrap up and climb up a mountain ?

Remember the end result. Mrs x. The favours, centrepieces and all the rest of it matter not at all.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Anna-molly, are you sharing my brain?!

this is EXACTLY where i am right now. i wake up at 5 am every morning with a travel like mantra (tickets, passport, money, tickets, passport, money....etc) but for wedding! (dress, shoes, groom, dress , shoes, groom....).

arrrrgh. sorry to hijack your thread!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Can you do some delegating to your Mum, friends, doting aunties, etc? My Mum and I have already handed out a few jobs, and will hand out more as we get closer. People are generally happy to help and lighten your load Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way ... hopefully things will start to look up.

JayneE said exactly what I said to OH last night, all the planning, emails, filing, details are so important now but come the day after the wedding it's not half as important as it was ... The whole file will be shredded, emails deleted and that's it ....

I do understand, I am getting a panicky about remembering everything, my memory is bad at the best of times. All the little details I need to remember and then tell the relevant parties. I also wake up with lists in my head that keep me awake ... I think a certain amount of stress in normal in these circumstances or that's what they say.

I'm sorry to hear that the venue are also being difficult. I can't imagine how stressful that is! Are you able to talk to a more senior member of staff/manager about your concerns? I understand that you probably don't want to rock the boat as they have your special day 'in their hands' but a polite but firm word about your concerns should be taken seriously. Maybe OH could contact them?

SunnyPinkConfetti you read my mind, maybe try delegating some jobs and letting others know you are feeling the pressure? I know as brides we often take on the lion's sh

are of the jobs but since I told OH I was feeling overwhelmed he asks if anything needs doing more often.k

I hope that things start to get a little calmer

and you start to enjoy the run up to your big day a little more.

B x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics