Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KJHC
Beginner April 2016

St Lucia/Antigua honeymoon?

KJHC, 31 of August of 2015 at 10:55 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi everyone!

We're planning our honeymoon for mid/late April next year and went to Kuoni yesterday to pick up some brochures (excitement!) A St Lucia/Antigua combo over two weeks is looking appealing - we want pristine, clear watered white sandy beaches, but also want the option of other activities and some nightlife as two weeks of pure sunbathing likely to get very boring! Has anyone been to St Lucia and/or Antigua? Any views on either welcome!

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsLBtoB, 21 of September of 2015 at 11:53
  • Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Never been to Caribbean yet but we are booked for St Lucia - Sandals. I've had friends who've been to sandals several times and loved it. All water sports are included in price so we'll probably try some kayaking and paddle boarding etc. You can also hop between resorts to try them out too, cant wait!

• H
    Beginner December 2015
    HappyGoldDiamonds245 ·
    • Hide content

I have been to both. Much prefer Antigua it wad amazing the island is fantastic friendly people, amazing beaches and Nelsons dock yard is amazing.

St Lucia is fine inside ur hotel but outside I found the people pushy and it was quiet AAmericanised in parts.

Barbados is amazing or St marten would defo recommend!

• R
    Beginner August 2016
    Rosie91 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Hun,

i actually work for kuoni (I'm on here for wedding planning though and not selling haha), and we do a two centre holiday to St Lucia and Antigua so have you considered that in your planning so you can take in both? St Lucia is great to start with as there are more activities and then Antigua follows perfect because Antigua has some fab beaches!

if you need any advice just ask. Currently having issues with my own honeymoon, you would think being a travel agent would make it easy! X

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! Making a decision is so difficult when there's so much choice! We're now thinking of doing San Andres (a beautiful Colombian Caribbean island I went to when I was eight), then somewhere a bit more luxurious. Would love to spend some time somewhere gorgeous but a bit off the honeymoon beaten track!

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

We are actually looking at doing 1 week in Antigua and 1 week in St Lucia for our honeymoon with Sandals Smiley smile

Hoping to book within the next month or so Smiley smile

I have never been to either but have been told you get the best of both worlds by visiting both as 1 is more quite and relaxed and the other has more nightlife etc. Don't ask me which way round it was though as have no idea haha!

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Well after all the debate over st Lucia or Antigua, we actually went for something totally different and booked the honeymoon of a lifetime (for us) through Audley Travel! We found that while both islands looked beautiful, we just couldn't get excited about it. So, our honeymoon now starts with a week of wildlife spotting, hiking, zip lining in a Costa Rican rainforest before going to Arenal Volcano and exploring there for a few days, finishing off Costa Rica in a luxury eco lodge in another rainforest, then flying to Cartagena on the Colombian Caribbean coast for a few nights in a top notch hotel and some nightlife. We then finish off our honeymoon with three nights on a remote Colombian Caribbean island which only has one hotel and isn't well known (recommended by my Colombian aunt) for some total relaxation. Now we're excited!!!

Thoroughly recommend audley travel - I've travelled with them before and they not only focus on the whole experience of your trip, you're also taken care of from start to finish and really take the stress out of travelling to multiple destinations :-)

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Wow sounds absolutely amazing!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics