Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TheOtherMoof
Beginner June 2019

Ideas for subtle horror themed table names...

TheOtherMoof, 23 of July of 2015 at 20:37 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi! As I mentioned in my introductory post, my OH and I are still in the veeeeery early stages of wedding planning but I got a little bit carried away with thinking of possibilities for the big day!

My OH and I are big fans of horror films and are currently toying with the idea of sneakily naming our tables after something related to our favourite horror films. Ideally I would love it to just be something subtle, like an inside joke that not everyone would immediately get. The only thing is that we can't think of anything subtle enough. We had thought maybe surnames that feature in them (Sawyer, Myers, Krueger etc) but this could be a bit too obvious. Same goes for movie posters of them. There will be a handful of children at the wedding as well as some elderly relatives, so it can't be anything too menacing.

You guys are brilliant at thinking of solutions, so I was wondering if any of you lovely folk can help come up with some suitable suggestions?

7 replies

Latest activity by TheOtherMoof, 24 of July of 2015 at 20:28
  • kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

You could name your tables after the year of your favourite films and put a non obvious and non scary pic of a scene from it on the table names and see if your guests can guess what they are. Or, hmmm..the Directors names? Not sure what else without getting too carried away and being too much like a Halloween party but will have a think! x

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

Place names instead maybe?

Elm, Overlook, Maine, Toluca Lake (games not films but still horror), Woodsboro, Crystal Lake, Haddonfield, Phoenix.

This is pretty fun actually, feel like I'm making a horror quiz!!

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm maybe not wedding appropriate but what about the movie tag lines:

Things are about to get a little hairy - American warewolf in Paris.

You can then turn it into a game

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter had a similar theme but not horror films just their favourite films. They had DVD covers in the table stands and on the table plan they had the name of the character so people had to work out what table they were sat on. For example, on the table plan, this was 'Buddy'

As long as the DVD covers aren't too graphic, it would work.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

We had the same idea for tables (halloween wedding).

we considered:

vintage horror actors - ''karloff, lugosi'' etc

horror films (again, vintage as they arent too scary). plus the display covers arent generally graphic.

we have ended up using the sci-fi horror films listed in the rocky horror show's 'science fiction'. so, 'the day the earth stood still, invisible man, when worlds collide...etc etc.

• IanStuartBride
    Beginner September 2016
    IanStuartBride ·
    • Hide content

I like this place names idea, a bit more subtle!

• TheOtherMoof
    Beginner June 2019
    TheOtherMoof ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, everyone! Those are some good ideas, I shall mention them to OH and see what he thinks Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics