Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daisy Bell
Beginner August 2015

What flavours is your wedding cake?

Daisy Bell, 6 of May of 2015 at 19:12 Posted on Planning 0 27

I think we have finally narrowed down the design we want for our wedding cake, so now we need to decide on flavours. What flavours is everyone having? I need some inspiration. Thanks!

27 replies

Latest activity by Helena, 22 of June of 2021 at 11:10
  • bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Bottom layer of ours is strawberry and champagne. Middle is salted chocolate caramel and the top layer Is lemon Smiley smile

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Mmm bubblerawk those sound lush!! Save me a slice haha!

Were having carrot cake (our fave!) red velvet, fruit cake, and clementine sponge...we met our cake lady on Saturday and I'm proper excited to see the mock up dummy in a few weeks!!!

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ohh TreacleTart, that sounds lovely Smiley smile i love red velvet but other half isnt too keen Smiley smile

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Oooh those sound lovely. I like the idea of chocolate with salted caramel.

My OH isn't keen on cake and doesn't care at all so he has requested peanut butter and jelly. Hahaha.

I am also considering lemon, black forest (as a nod to my being German), carrot cake or vanilla with cream & raspberries. I think we'll go for 3 tiers (although that is completely excessive for 14 people).

• A
    Beginner October 2015
    AlmostMrsS ·
    • Hide content

We are having chocolate cake Smiley smile

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

We are a bit boring so having a chocolate tier, vanilla sponge tier and a fruit cake tier

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

By the way, this is the cake design we have decided on:

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

We are having Raspberry and White Chocolate on the bottom tier, Lemon on the middle and Pina Colada on the top tier Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner September 2016
    lpcr ·
    • Hide content

I love the traditional fruit cake so we have having that one the bottom, fiancé wants lemon sponge and we can't decide on other one am thinking plain sponge or chocolate marble or chocolate mmm

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

We're having vanilla bean, carrot (with run soaked sultanas) and coffee and walnut. All our favourites ?

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We are having black forest, coconut, and raspberry and white chocolate. Mmmmmm cake!!

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

After some extreme tasting we are having vanilla (their simplest sponge is their tastiest!), toffee and two fruit cake layers.

We are going to keep the 4th/top tier for our anniversary though :-)

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, keep them coming!

My OH's aunt is making our cake but as she lives in Lancashire and we live in East Lothian, I don't think we'll get to test any of them. Just have to trust her Smiley smile

But of course that doesn't make it easier and my OH is completely uninterested in what flavours the cake will be as he doesn't really like wedding cake.

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

All these cakes sound yummy ?
    We're being quite boring and just having a double chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, which will be served as dessert after our wedding breakfast.
    Then our cake for the evening guests will be two tiers, the bottom one will be fruit cake and the top tier will be lemon sponge.

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 2 very large layers, bottom is jam sponge (tastes incredible) and top layer is chocolate sponge with chocolate ganache. Yum!

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

Ours will be chocolate Smiley smile

Pretty sue I'm going to be making it myself too. I make an amazing chocolate and almond cake. Totally tempted to have cookies and cream buttercream instead of plain chocolate or vanilla!

Or We're going to have a plain chocolate cake (or two) with a cute topper, and loads of cookies and cream cupcakes on the sweet buffet!

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Bottom tier chocolate, middle layer raspberry ripple and top tier gluten free vanilla.

ahhhh want cake now!

xXx

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

We're having 3 flavours

- Lemon sponge with lemon curd infused buttercream

- Vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream and jam filling

- Red velvet with cream cheese buttercream

All these are covered in white chocolate ganache before being iced.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Mine's pistacchios and red velvet Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Cake??? hmm... i want mix between red velvet and tiramisu. i love tiramisu cake very very much Smiley laugh Smiley laugh

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

You girls are all making me want cake!

I would like:

strawberry and champagne

black forest

matcha and red bean

chocolate

vanilla

• L
    Curious October 2015
    LeedsWR ·
    • Hide content

Ours is three different flavours of sponge (I think it ended up being vanilla, caramel and choc orange in the end!)

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

We had two tiers of Boston Cream Pie. ?

• MrsScott2be2018
    Beginner September 2018
    MrsScott2be2018 ·
    • Hide content

We are having traditional fruit cake, carrot and walnut, chocolate, vanilla and lemon

• Margaret
    Hampshire
    Margaret ·
    • Hide content

As a wedding cake maker I am always surprised that Brides and Grooms only go for flavours they like when it’s their guest who are going to eat it! In my experience they ( Bride and Groom) hardly get to taste the cake in any case as they are usually too busy. I offer most flavours mentioned above but if they want something really unusual I often say have four tiers, or an extra top tier and have this your favourite flavour and keep it just for you ie don’t cut it at the Wedding, either to take on honeymoon or have when you get back - though if for when you return do remember to freeze it though if you are away for more than a few days!

• Brigita
    Beginner July 2021 Central London
    Brigita ·
    • Hide content
    Our wedding cake one top tier is red velvet flour and the bottom is strawberry champagne 😊
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Prob a bit boring but we are having a tiered Victoria sponge as it’s our favourite cake
  • H
    Beginner August 2022 West Midlands
    Helena ·
    • Hide content

My favourite thread to find yet. We're getting married in August 2022 and I have a side business of cake making so when it comes to other peoples weddings I just get the brief done - my own, no idea! Given me some good ideas here!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics