Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

WickyWack
Beginner July 2013

Veggie recipes?

WickyWack, 10 of April of 2015 at 10:14 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

Has anyone got a couple of good veggie recipes? H last night said he was sick of chicken and beef (doesn't like lamb or pork)!

I was thinking maybe a tasty curry or something that will last all weekend, a big pot of something since were decorating like crazy and I don't want to have to slave over a cooker as well!

9 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousYellowConfetti64609, 30 of April of 2020 at 03:17
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I make stuff from ohsheglows.com all the time, but they are all vegan so you might find they use ingredients you don't have in. The enchilada casserole is one of my favourites.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Argh! I typed out a long super easy quick recipe for a Chilli - where's it gone please!? I'm sure I posted it!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I don't cook veggie much (not allowed!!) but will spout my usual food suggestion of bbcgoodfood.com, I love it! for example:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/search/recipes?query=curry#query=curry&path=diet/vegetarian

I also made this for my work lunches this week, surprisingly tasty:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/minty-roast-veg-houmous-salad

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

My husband does a lush sweet potato curry involving peanut butter (of all things). It is yummy and I don't really like peanut butter. Will dig out the recipe for you when I get home.

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

agh! poop!

Thanks all! Smiley smile

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Attempt 2:

fry onions and peppers, 3 tins of mixed beans, 2 tins of tomatoes, a handful of quorn mince (optional, i only use it to thicken the sauce out a bit), a sachet of chilli seasoning, a sachet of Old El Paso BBQ Fajita seasoning (this is my secret ingredient, it's what makes this chilli amazing!) BANG, you've got a chilli. Cook for anything from 20 minutes to lots of hours (best cooked longer) and serve with Uncle Bens Mexican bean chilli rice. You'll have a few portions left over for the freezer, then it's just a 5 minute microwave meal!

Another one I do is a Jamacian sweet potato curry - Sweet Pots, normal pots, onions, green beans, butter beans, low fat coconut milk, bit of veg stock, 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, slow cooker, bish bash bosh - DINNER!

A really lush veg casserole in the slow cooker - loads of chunky veg, a tin of low fat condensed mushroom soup, some veg stock - serve up with proper crispy roast potatoes!

These are all our go to meals when we're trying to lose weight, all really healthy low pointage and proper satisfying when we're on WW.

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

I'm a big fan of veggie risotto's as they're super simple. You could throw in mushrooms or roasted butternut squash, or the Jamie Oliver website has an awesome goats. cheese, pea amd pancetta risotto recipe (just leave out the pancetta to make it veggie). It's the time of year for a nice primavera risotto - I usually add asparagus, courgette, peas, blanched tomatoes and a dollop of pesto to mine.

Another go-to spring/summer veggie recipe is vegetable moussaka. Just roast red peppers, courgettes, red onion, garlic, thyme, & aubergine in the oven for 45-60 mins. meanwhile beat together 2 eggs with 1/2 pint greek yoghurt and nutmeg. Layer the vegetables in an oven dish with a can of chopped tomatoes. Pour the yoghurt mixture over the final layer of veg, then crumble over feta cheese. Cook for another 30-45 mins in the oven, and voila! I serve with a fresh salad.

• L
    LuxuriousYellowConfetti64609 ·
    • Hide content

When it comes to ingredients, we most often make vegetarian noodles, especially zucchini noodles. It's easy to make, and it can modulate everyone's favorite taste. If you have a zucchini spiral slicer, the making process will be simple and fun.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics