Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

now really worried about MUA- advice needed!

I-go-by-many-names, 1 of February of 2015 at 16:46 Posted on Planning 0 12

Ok so I started a thread not so long ago about my makeup trial which went really well but she used estee lauder double wear foundation which I thought was fine (I wear makeup regularly but wouldn't say I'm that clued up really so didn't think anything of it). Lots of you replied to my thread saying double wear is not 'camera ready' and reflects too much light. So I was worried my wedding pictures would look terrible so I emailed her raising my concerns. She has replied to say its the only foundation she uses and has never had any complaints. So what do I do now?

12 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 3 of February of 2015 at 16:15
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

I've been a bit sad..If people have left reviews on Facebook - I stalk there photos to get an idea (shame.)

Maybe worth seeing if theres any examples of their wedding photos? I'll be honest, I'd of never known about photo ready foundation...I just shove what i've got on lol

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Did you take any photos after the make-up trial? How did they come out? Could you use a compact powder during the day to get rid of any shininess?

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I'm very surprised your mua uses nothing but double wear as it's a base that me and other artists I know would never use for bridal work as it's terrible on camera.

I'm also surprised it's the only foundation she uses on everyone as it's not suitable for dry or nature skins. Most mua's carry lots of different types of foundations for different skin types.

What skintype are you? Maybe I can suggest a good foundation that could be used instead.

Juliet x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, lots of the foundations that you're not supposed to wear for photos actually look fine on camera, as professionals wont be using direct flash (which is what generally causes the issues) Unless your TOG will be using direct flash, I genuinely don't think it'll be an issue.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies, yes I did take photos but just on my phone, I didn't even think about flash photography being an issue. I have looked at pictures on her Facebook page but again I think they are just taken on peoples phones. Would using powder on top help to minimise the problem? If so could I just get my MUA to use lots of powder?

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

If you are happy with your make up artist but not with the foundation, would she be happy if you bought your own foundation and she used that? My make up artist was brilliant and we used all her stuff for the wedding but she did say bring your own make up on the off chance you have a wobble and want me to use some. I am sure people on here or someone on a make up counter who knows make up could suggest a few foundation that may be good for your particular skin and for the camera!

• Hide content

Powder will not make any difference to the flashback at all.. It will just make your skin look worse in the flesh

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Juliet, as a MUA yourself, what would you recommend I buy? Would you be happy if one if your clients bought their own and asked you to use it? Where do you stand on double wear?

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

This has me worried as we have the same MUA booked...

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry :-( I'm still really happy with her and the trial was great I just worry about the foundation she uses as so many people have advised against it.

• Hide content

I would highly recommend you look at Dior Forever foundation - it's their version of Doublewear but it's shearer and camera friendly. Look at shades ending with a zero as these are yellow toned. Try a few shades on your collarbone and check them in daylight - look for the shade that's disappeared. I've had this base in my kit for years and it's beautiful.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the reply Juliet, I will mention to my MUA and see what she says.

• Hide content

No problem xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics