Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

alyj66
VIP August 2014

I'm 50 next year!

alyj66, 3 of January of 2015 at 18:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 25

And that must call for a party! What party would you have and what would be on your bucket list? As the wedding planning is over and Pinterest is calling for me I think that this shall be my next projectSmiley smile

25 replies

Latest activity by *Teabag*, 6 of January of 2015 at 21:24
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I would have the party I always wanted when I was a little girl - jelly and ice cream, a sleeping beauty castle cake, a princess dress complete with crown and sparkly shoes; fizzy drinks and lots of delicious party food!!

BUT: I'd do the grown up versions so instead of a bowl of ordinary jelly and vanilla ice cream, champagne jelly and the finest vanilla ice cream; instead of fizzy pop - prosecco etc...

i might still want the castle cake though Smiley winking

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'll take the champagne jelly but I was never the princess type. Cake though, I must have cake!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Love the idea of a tea party!! Can u adopt kids games too? Fun Fun Fun

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I would have loved what I did for OH.......big party at home with loads of surprises. I secretly invited loads of old navy chums and he had no idea, was lovely to see his face. Managed to get loads of old photos from over the years and had some made into a massive birthday banner, and I got him a barrel of his fave beer from his fave brewery and the pump set up and set that up in the garage. Playlist that was all the music he loved me of course a bbq which is him to a T ..even tho it was the end of November. He loved it all. Mine on the other hand had no surprises as oh is rubbish. I did it all and it was just a dull boring bbq marred by the weather, May and it was freezing.

so for my next big birthday I'd love a massive surprise party prob at a venue with a do and lots of dancing, or failing that...a party for two under the northern lights perhaps in Iceland...I can but dream :/

i truly hope you get the party of your dreams and sometimes you have to take control to make the dream a reality. X

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm definitely planning my own as hubs won't even be in the country for it so the party will be pure indulgence with sparkles and dancing I think.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Pammy that sounds lovely so considerate

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I would go for cocktail making then a night out on the town with all the girls, you could also dress up from your favourite era x

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Oh what a shame Aly!!! In that case, could you go to him? Would be a lovely surprise and I know there's no one I'd rather be with than my H on special occasions!!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, love these ideas, especially going out to your husband if its possible. And I love the idea of a princess cake! I've asked my brother to try and make sure I get a proper cake this year, my mum always buys a chocolate cake, I'm not really a fan! I like to make a fuss of birthdays. What time of year is your birthday? I'd love a big outdoor bash but mine is in January so it wouldn't work.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Bekkijane I'm not sure he would be able to get time off work to meet me somewhere civilised so at the min I'm planning on a party with friends. He's home in the summer so we're planning a big holiday but I also want to climb in the atlas mountains and do a sky dive.

My birthday is in October Mrs Shep so I'm not sure of venue or theme?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, you could have an autumnal party ☺ have you seen some of the weddings on here with that sort of theme? Big vases full of dry leaves or dried fruits and spices, autumnal colours, a cake with that theme would be gorgeous! Food could be big stews, lovely soups and breads, or a winter BBQ, with jacket potatoes cooked in the coals, or a hog roast would be good.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm liking the hog roast idea. The problem I have is that I live 30 miles away from where I work and there is no accommodation nearby for people to stay but would love the party in my village.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at coaches/minibuses? You could always ask people to contribute, maybe instead of pressies if its expensive?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, come to NZ and do a Skydive! I bought my Dad a skydive for his 60th birthday a couple of years ago when he came to visit. He'd been on about doing one for so long. (But be warned they can be addictive, I've done 5 now and itching for my next, but they are expensive, so I need a good excuse!)

Keep us updated on the party plans tho.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I'm 40 on our wedding day and I honestly don't know what I'd be doing if I wasn't getting married. I tend to be a drama queen and get depressed about being older, which is why getting married is perfect as it takes my attention away from the fact I'm turning 40! I usually get a tattoo on or as close to my birthday as poss, so I recommend that Smiley smile

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Lots of milestone birthday's this year! Alyj66 is 50, ID is 40 and I'm 30!

Just have an otter meet instead.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Now that's a great idea!!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

A party in your village sounds wonderful. Depending on what time in October, you might even be able to get away with something outdoors, as early Oct is often lovely.

This one mightn't be to everyone's taste, but you could get the baby pics out,ask your guests to bring one of theirs too and have a competition.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is next year, I'm just getting the planning in early as it will take me ages to decide on the logistics but an otter birthday bash sounds pretty good to me.

I couldn't do baby pics as I don't think there's enough of them...it's the era!

I could finish my tattoo though......

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

It was my 30th the year I got married - I had an 80's themed fancy dress party!!

For my 40th I'd like to go to Vegas and then have a party at home (my birthday is October too)

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

P.s. you don't look anywhere near 50!!!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovely photo and thank you for the compliment!

Would you have your party in your home? How many would you invite and where would they all sleep? I could put up about 6 people and that would be about it. I wouldn't mind having a party in the house, gazebo, hog roast - sorted Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

We did all our big birthday parties at home. It's a lot of work, people end up sleeping where they can. We bring the caravan round for some family bods, others book into local B&Bs.

Like I said before - for my 60th if we have a big party I want it in a venue so I don't have to do all the work..........

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Id have it at home. Just like you said, gazebo, patio heater, hog roast type affair. I could only put up about 4-6 but most people are local or there's a premier inn down the road. Could you hire a bus/coach/minibus to the nearest hotel?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We've had a few parties at home with about 30 people, in the summer so mostly outside Smiley smile

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ID - I turned 40 on Saturday and it was fine! I absolutely hated my 29th as so many people went on about being 30 next time, but I haven't had an issue with this birthday at all. It IS just a number!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics