Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin8
Beginner June 2014

When do you lucky people finish work for Christmas?

Erin8, 18 of December of 2014 at 12:39 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 26

I am in on the 23rd only doing a 9am to 5pm. I am off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day which is a result. Then a 12.5 hour shift on Boxing Day, l am being paid double time so trying to think positive! I am doing the odd day between Christmas and New Year, l am working until 5pm on New Years Eve and off New Years Day. Then l eventually start my new job on the 2nd!

26 replies

Latest activity by *Teabag*, 24 of December of 2014 at 18:47
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I finish on the 23rd - won;t work beyond 3 though, then back on the 2nd but plan to work from home on that day then back proper on the 5th boo Smiley sad over too fast. OH is working 27th and 28th then off from 29th and back on the second. Can't complain he has both Christmas and New Year off which doesn't usually happen.

Good luck for the new job Erin Smiley smile

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

23rd here too, and back in on the 29th. Not sure yet if I'm working new years day or not, but we have shows on so maybe. You can't stop theatre!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I finish on Friday, but only because I have taken AL for 22nd-24th - I'm amazed they allowed it! Off for Christmas Day but back for a long day on Boxing Day (for which I don't get paid overtime - supposed to get a day off in lieu but I won't have the opportunity to take it before the end of this job), then 4 nights from the 27th-31st, then off till the 5th (I took AL for 2nd Jan as well). It could be worse!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We finish at some point on Christmas eve, (usually around lunch time) but then we don't have to go back until the 2nd Smiley smile

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Around lunch time Christmas Eve then back at work on Mon 29th. I could have taken AL but can't be bothered. OH is working most of it so would just be at home on my own!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Christmas Eve, 3pm.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

23rd for me too at 5pm, going for lunch with a good friend/colleague that day and we both love Christmas so we will be over excited x

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

I'm off from 4pm tomorrow until 5th Jan, as is h2b. I haven't had any time off since June, so I just decided to take the whole time off rather than working up to Xmas eve. And I've done all my Christmas shopping already, so can just relax until we go to his parents on the 24th Smiley smile

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I'm working christmas eve till 6.15pm, off christmas day and then in again on boxing day till 5.15 pm. No extra pay. And then working new years eve and day Smiley sad

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I finish on the 23rd, but am 'on call' 9-1pm Christmas Eve, we do an emergency problems thing at work so might have to come in for that, and although I wont get extra pay or time back in lieu I was feeling nice so agreed to do it as long as I didnt actually have to come in and hang around on the off chance someone might need me. Im only ten minutes away so I'll drive in and back home if Im needed. Then off Christmas and Boxing day, we're also closed the weekend, so that 4-5 whole days off in a row!! Usually between us we'd then only have to work one out of the three days between the weekend and New Years Day but for some stupid reason its been decided we can all come in every day, so Ive had to book an annual leave day New Years Eve so we can get up to Yorkshire at a sociable hour. Then back to work as usual on the 2nd Jan! Hope those with time off enjoy it, and hope those without time off dont mind too much and still enjoy it!!

• L
    Beginner August 2014
    LRsoontobeLH ·
    • Hide content

I finish Christmas eve probably until around mid-afternoon ish. Then I'm off until the 5th! Yey!!!!! OH has to go back to work on the 2nd but I plan on having a lie in with the dog! ?

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I finish some time after lunch on the e23rd and then not back in until the 5th! We don't a choice either, it's one of the few perks of working in construction. My h is off all that time too. Can't wait!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

I finish at 12:30 on Christmas Eve, and am off until the 5th Jan Smiley smile
    It was worth saving up my last bit of holiday for!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Xmas eve. Apparently we r allowed to go around lunchtime. Then back to work, although will be working from home, on Monday 29th.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

23rd whenever everything is done!

Off 24th,25th and 26th!

Working job #2 on the Saturday and Sunday.

Job #1 on Monday and Tuesday the back to my second job for nye and New Year's Day, off on the second then the same as the week before. Job #2 on the Saturday and Sunday then back to normal on Monday.

H has two weeks off the bugger.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Today! ?

• kiwi_girl
    Beginner May 2015
    kiwi_girl ·
    • Hide content

Today! And back on 5th. One advantage of working at a Uni - only need to take 2 days of annual leave to get 2 weeks off! ?

I am so ready for it though....it's been a manic few weeks/months!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Will be answering emails and anything urgent from home after today. I think by Monday I'll be in so much Xmas Spirit mode I'll be like an elf!

Happy Christmas everyone!!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I work in retail so I'm in Christmas Eve until 4.30pm and then back in on the 27th. I get Boxing day off this year because I worked last year Smiley smile We don't open New Years day so I'm off that one too

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Today, back in on the 28th. (Took the week off as annual leave.)

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Christmas eve, we are usually allowed to leave early back in on the 29th. OH finished on the 12th and goes back on the 5th lucky ***.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Working until 11am Christmas Eve then off until the 30th.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Christmas Eve for me!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

2pm xmas eve i will be finished ? back in again on Monday though.

I did do lots of empathy today with retail workers though- retail at christmas is soul destroying

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I finished last Thursday as I had so much holiday left but I'm back in on Monday. I also feel for anyone working in retail this time of year, especially as everything seems to be open again on Boxing Day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics