Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin8
Beginner June 2014

How is your Christmas organisation going?

Erin8, 8 of December of 2014 at 22:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 19

How are you getting on? I have placed food orders on line, bought cards, sorted most presents and wrote some cards. I need to get it all finished off. I am jealous as usually by the 1st weekend in December l have bought everything, wrote my cards and wrapped presents!

19 replies

Latest activity by Arpee, 11 of December of 2014 at 16:27
  • Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you are super organised...... I am jealous!

I've bought the cards but not written them. bought probably around 60% of the pressies, not even thought about food shopping yet, still need to buy the tree........ argh!!

I do the same thing every year and get all excited and then leave everything until the last minute because work takes over my life (I'm meant to be working right now :-/)

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I don't have to worry about food, i've bought most of my pressies, i've bought cards but need stamps and then need to write the cards, next job will be to wrap everything! Think i've done pretty well on the present front this year, my family are not easy people to buy for!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm doing ok. We've got probably 80% of our presents but none are wrapped.

Don't really need to do a Christmas shop as we aren't at home much.

Tree is up and cards have been purchased but not written.

I don't feel overwhelmed by what's left to do so that's always good!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I'd say 80% of presents have been bought

I've made a wreath for the front door from greenery in our garden

I've bought but not written the cards

Tree is yet to be bought

List of food has been written

I don't feel overwhelmed or behind, writing cards, wrapping presents and putting the tree up is what this weekend is for! Smiley smile

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

I've got all the presents sorted - but they aren't wrapped, I'll do that this weekend when we've put the tree up. I haven't got any cards as yet. Mostly there on the food front, and I have a list ready for the fresh bits. Got the fizz sorted, just need some beers.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm fairly organised. Only a couple of little bits left to get for my nephews, cards written, plans made. Tree up for but presents not wrapped yet.

One of my old work colleagues used to have all of her presents bought and wrapped by end of October. Now that's mental!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I've bought everything but I deliberately leave wrapping as late as poss. That's it really. We put up a tiny tree but again, not til nearer the time. I have to admit I'm not feeling especially seasonal at the moment!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Tree and decorations are up. 90% of presents bought and wrapped. I've got some cards left over from last year, haven't written them yet but I don't have many to do. We're bought our leg of lamb for Christmas day and it's in the freezer. Not a lot left to do now ?

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

I'm normally a terrible last minute Xmas person. I don't particularly like Xmas, I'm not religious and don't have a large family so it has always been difficult to get into the mood. In the past I've left the country to escape the whole thing!! Plus my admin workload is heaviest in Nov-Jan so I have to fit the shopping in around long working days and usually, unless I am physically out of the country, I am expected to be in the office apart from the actual bank holiday days. Bah Humbug!!

I'm way ahead of my normal time frame this year. I was so worried about not having any 'last minute' time to shop etc that I have been super organised and all presents are bought. I've also done my usual trick of buying lots of Xmas cards, which will stay in a bag right up until the last posting day when I will either rush off to post them or end up giving them to people on Xmas day when I see them. Which is pretty late. On the plus side OH will be around this year to go into the garage and fight the spiders for ownership of the tree and trimmings. YAY! Two years ago the spiders won and I didn't put up any trimmings at all......

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I've bought all my presents and wrapped 80% of them (although still need to prettify them with ribbon).

I've written my cards but need to send them. Got to get some stamps!

I'm fairly organised, but then I don't have to do any cooking. Just got to pick up a ham joint which I've ordered for collection on 17th!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Utterly useless!

I've got a few bits and pieces for a few people, but got completely knocked sideways by the lurgy last week so this weekend's card-writing-present-buying extravaganza had to be abandoned. I'll be running to catch up now as we're mid house renovation so painting is our main evening job for the next week.

We won't have decorations or a Christmas tree until just before, or even possibly after the wedding, as there's too much going on in the house.

Not terribly festive, sadly. But we are doing work Christmas do tonight, so I am currently in Christmas jumper and with lots of yummy food waiting to be attacked at 4.30, so getting a dose in the office at least.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

All done! Have been for weeks.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Presents bought for all but the eldest boy who hasn't yet given me ideas, hints or clues!!! He has been threatened with no gift at all if he doesn't produce a list soon Smiley winking. Still waiting on delivery of a few though and nothing is wrapped yet. I'll get that done next week probably!

cards are all made and written though yet to be posted.

Outside decorations went up at the weekend because it was the only time H was going to be able to do them, inside will be done this weekend so no tree yet Smiley smile

Food is kind of buy a few bits whenever I go shopping type thing so roughly half done but then I'm only doing Boxing Day so mainly party food and stuff to nibble on really

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Fairly minimal so far. Bought presents for H and my sister, still have parents, in-laws, BiL/SiL and perhaps cousins. Bought cards but not written/sent any. No decorations in our flat - not sure we'll bother with them as we'll be going to our parents' for Christmas.

I'm working nights over this weekend and then will be off next week so I plan on getting most stuff done then.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Food is ordered, cards are written, presents are wrapped, secret santas have been sent, and any gifts going via RM have been posted. Decorations are up but we still need to pick up the tree this weekend, as it's a real one we didn't want to get it too early. Presents for my pupils haven't been delivered yet, hoping they arrive tomorrow as I'm getting a bit nervous. I've also yet to buy Hs presents, but we're keeping it low key this year so I'll get it all in one trip.

Nearly there!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

So jealous of you organised lot! I have done absolutely nothing other than buy a scarf for OHs brother Smiley atonished

I am so busy at the moment I just don't have time!

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I have done absolutely nothing except for make endless lists of things. A list of food for Christmas dinner. A list of presents to buy. A list of edible presents that need making. A listof cards to be written.

I've also dug out the decorations and bought the Christmas copy of the Radio Times. It remains on the coffee table, as yet unhighlighted. I feel completely swamped this year, I have no idea why!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics