Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Foundation - what do you suggest?

*Mini*, 28 of September of 2014 at 19:38 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 25

I've fallen out of love with double wear, I'm in need of new foundation. What would you recommend oh wise otters?

25 replies

Latest activity by InkedDoll, 10 of October of 2014 at 10:14
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Make up forever HD is what my MUA put on me, it was brilliant, felt like there was nothing on but proper good coverage. I've noticed they're all using it on YouTube makeup tutorials now too. Not cheap, like!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I use MAC studio fix fluid.... It is pretty thick but lasts all day so I love it and it covers up my blemishes really well.

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

I have tried most foundations but keep coming back to MAC studio fix fluid with the studio fix powder on top. It provides the best coverage and not greasy so doesn't make you go shiney about lunchtime!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I have tried many over the past few months, and I've settled on Bourjois Healthy Mix. I think with me the application process was as much a thing as the product itself - once I started using a damp sponge rather than my fingers, it looked SO much better.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

God, I'm always trying new ones. I really like the Revlon 24 hour one. Great coverage. Only downside is that it doesn't come in a pump bottle, so it's not easy to get out!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Dream Matte Mousse. I ordered a load of Clinique/Clarins samples for the wedding, and ended up still using the Dream Matte Mousse as I think it covers far better than any of the more expensive ones.

• T
    Beginner November 2014
    tiptopbride ·
    • Hide content

At the minute I'm using No7 Stay Perfect foundation but I don't wear it everyday, only when I'm looking particularly knackered/I'm going out somewhere.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I am a big fan of the Bare Minerals loose powder foundation, even though I have horrendously dry skin on my face.

Favourite drugstore brand for everyday wear is L'Oreal LumiMagique. Because of my dry skin, I like something with a bit of a glow to it and this is lovely.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Bare minerals 'ready' foundation - it's solid & so quick to apply with coverage that can be built up. I love it.

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

I also go for Bare Minerals.. the normal powder foundation. I converted because I like how natural it looks and you can barely feel it on your skin (I hate the sticky/paint feeling of liquid foundations) and it gives pretty good coverage and lasts for a good 12 hours.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone- now to find so where that sells bare minerals near me!

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Debenhams should do it! Or Sephora if you have one near you.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I think other department stores like John Lewis might do it. I tend to buy online from Look Fantastic but if you're trying for the first time definitely go to the store. They do nice starter kits which have foundation, blusher and brushes.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Bare Minerals is my favourite too, really want to try the new liquid foundation.... a shopping trip might be in order!

Smiley smile

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

Bareminerals bare skin liquid is amazing!!! X

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Flora are you using the primer? I find I have to moisturize my face well then quite liberally use the primer beforehand. I mainly use a very small brush to cover my problem areas (the small bm brush) and then just lightly cover the breast with a large foundation brush, I think I kind of pat the brush more than swirl though as I find this works better for me.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

The rest not the breast! Bloody predictive text.

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Haha DCM! =) I was going to suggest the primer too, I usually forget to use it but when I do it definitely goes on more easily so might help with it going funny after a few hours.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I don't like silicone primer either. I bought the Smashbox one after everyone raved about it and I felt like it made my foundation patchy too, Thankfully I only bought the travel size, but still, annoying.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics