Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cinnamon009
Beginner December 2014

Favourite long cocktails

cinnamon009, 24 of September of 2014 at 14:27 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 18

*WP related*

We are having cocktail hour at the wedding and budgeted for one for every guest. Need two cocktails - a his and hers basically. They will be served in mini milk bottles I have bought so need to be long cocktails.

I'm a martini girl (wet with a twist) so I'm struggling with long cocktails. Thought of sex on the beach but wondered if it was a bit boring/tame.

So lovely otters - what are your favourite cocktails?

18 replies

Latest activity by Rod, 26 of September of 2014 at 12:35
  • C
    Beginner January 2001
    charlinc ·
    • Hide content

Long Island Iced Tea!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Old-fashioned for me but I guess that's 'short'. Here is the cocktail menu at a bar I go to sometimes - might help?

http://apothecabar.co.uk/images/Apotheca%20Drinks%20menu.pdf

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what classes as a long cocktail but I love piña colada

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was my immediate response...then I saw serving them in glass milk bottles. TBH I don't thinkthis will work. Cocktails need to be in the proper glass with the appropriate ice and fruits etc, or they're just wrong. Sorry.

Also it will be incredibly messy trying to get the cocktails into the bottles - but I guess that's the venues problem....

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I do like a mojito but I've only just grown to love them. I used to find them a bit bitter, so perhaps they're not a crowd pleaser. I think a good "safe" option would be something fruity. I love a Cosmopolitan but I'm not sure that's necessarily a long drink as it's usually served in a martini glass.

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

The mini milk bottles have a wider neck than usual milk bottles so should easily be able to pour from a jug of the made up cocktail into the milk bottle. Fruit too if it's cut small enough and crushed ice. These aren't the colours but you can see the size:

I like long island iced tea idea - I haven't seen it very often with fruit although crushed ice would be needed and maybe a small wedge of lime in each bottle. I can fit a wedge in a corona bottle so I assume one could be squashed into these! Equally a fruit cocktail could fit in if the fruit is cut small enough.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Strawberry Daiquiri could work?

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I like fruity ones with vodka, Archers and Malibu in them. They tend to be nice and sweet. Yummy!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, love this idea, I love a good cocktail! Lynchburg lemonade is amazing, (I don't like whisky or lemonade really but I love this cocktail!) What about a champagne cocktail as it's a wedding? I'm also a big fan of a daiquiri, and pina colada. I love tequila sunrise too, but I think that'd be too much of a pain! I wouldn't go for sex on the beach, but only because the name might offend my grandparents! Smiley winking

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you create your own? You sometimes get groupon etc offers for cocktail mixing classes. You could do this to experiment and then have your own unique creation which you could name to reflect your relationship/theme etc.

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

What about a long vodka? Doesn't require any fruit and is pretty simple to make. Vodka, lemonade or soda, lime cordial & Angostura bitters. Yum!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I like any sweet and fruity cocktail, so things like a woo woo, purple rain and mai tai. I think they would easily work in those bottles, whenever I have them they only tend to have a fruit wedge on the outside of the glass, rather than in the glass, so you could easily do that on the bottles if you wanted to with ice.

I love Kir Royale's and Bellini's too but I don't think they would work in the bottles.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

A raspberry and elderflower Collins would be fabulous in those! ?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Girls girls girls .. What is all this talk of piña colada and sex on the beach!? Urgh! My favourite is an amaretto sour (it never seems to be on the menu but they'll always make it for you!) or a Dark n Stormy - spiced rum, ginger and lime. Oh, or a Moscow mule.

I also don't really understand drinks for boys and drinks for girls?

• cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

It isn't really - it will be Bride's choice and Groom's choice - the guest's can have either. My OH is mainly a beer drinker and doesn't ever go for anything fruity so he wants one which is either whiskey or rum based. Dark n Stormy could be a good one - it kept me warm at a very cold and wet download festival three years ago!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great choice.

I like most long cocktails so it is hard for me to choose. Maybe the choice is dictated by how easy they are to prepare and what they are going to be served in?

• T
    Beginner November 2014
    tiptopbride ·
    • Hide content

One of my favourites is a Singapore Sling, refreshing but not too sweet. Other than that I usually go for a mojito.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Mojito, Moscow mule or some sort of Collins.

Yum.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics