Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chucklevision
Beginner July 2015

Argh... why can't I get into the right headspace

Chucklevision, 27 of July of 2014 at 22:09 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 12

Bit of a rant... But why can't I get my arse in gear & lose some weight. I know what I need to do exercise & eat healthily. Its not actually that hard but I have no motivation. I keep setting aside days to go to the gym & then don't cos I can't be bothered & I just can't just stop myself from putting naughty foods in my mouth. Need a proper kick up the booty! X

12 replies

Latest activity by fitwed, 29 of September of 2014 at 17:39
  • M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

I could've written this myself; it's getting ridiculous now I know what I need to do but I just keep eating s**t- actually feeling so down so I eat more!! What is wrong with me?

x

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Once I'm in the right headspace I find it relatively easy but that happens once a blue moon/ GRRRR

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    soon-to-be-MrsDennis ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I know exactly how you feel,

I have been waiting to loose 4 stone before trying on dresses, as that's not going so well I went and tried on dresses on Friday. It gave me the kick up the bum that I needed.

I must say the whole trying on wedding dresses experience weren't so bad, and I even found 2 that fitted me perfectly as a size 18/20, what was most frustrating was seeing some other girl (size 8/10) trying on the dress that wanted.

This is now my motivation to shift the pounds

Michelle

• W
    Beginner October 2014
    Wedding-planner ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly how you feel, I have 9 weeks until the wedding and literally hitting a panic. I have lost 1 stone but can't seem to shift anymore! Its so frustrating as I want to look perfect on the day and worry it is not going to happen!!!

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel. Last year I lost two stone before my holiday I did weight watchers and exercise I was so motivated. I then came back from holiday (engeged) and just stopped it all. I started to be a bit naughty with food and the weight is slowly creeping back on.

I want to lose the stone and a bit more before I try dresses on but I try them on end of September so I know that is not possible. I work at Cadbury and I just cant stop eating while sat at my desk! Temptation is all around me! ?

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

We all make our choices - we choose to eat more, or less, or exercise more, or less. But we CHOOSE to do it, and because we have chosen it, it really is OK.

Don't take this all the wrong way, but if you know what you need to do to exercise and eat healthily, and then can't be bothered to go to the gym or whatever, but it is simply because you choose for it to be that way.

If it is your choice, then either stop beating yourself up about it, or choose to do differently.

I've had many many periods of my life when I have made choices that I wouldn't necessarily make today. (I've been bulimic before and have spent many a decade yo yo dieting), so I do know what you are all saying, but ultimately they were MY choices. No one forced food down my throat, or hid my gym kit.

Now I choose differently. And if you want to, you can too! Just do it :-) It is quite empowering when you do so!!

• M
    Beginner
    MummaT83 ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly how you all feel! Had my baby 5 months ago and managed to lose most of my baby weight but still have a couple of pounds I need to shift. Just about to start a 9 day cleanse. A friend of mine did it and had fantastic results (10lbs and 16 inches in 9 days!!) She got me on to it and I'm excited as think it will be the kickstart I need, plus it's only for 9 days so more than achievable! If anyone wants more information on this programme then please message me xx

• S
    Beginner July 2016
    SallyADenton ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly how you feel! I got engaged in Feb with the plan that we would get married in 2016.....I though oh Ive got loads of time....WRONG!!! I have PUT ON weight not lost it! we went to turkey in august to see the hotel we have chosen as our wedding venue and I thought that would give me motivation enough to lose weight but it just didn't happen. its my own fault....many many excuses but I am now on a mission and hoping to lose 3 stone before actually booking the wedding in Feb/March and having my first wedding dress appointment in March/April. I've done it before (strangely enough just before I met my fiancé!) and I know I can do it again!

I go to the gym with 2 friends (one of them is my matron of honour) 3 mornings a week before work and twice a week with my fiancé as it helps motivate me to go as I don't want to let them down...or have them ribbing me for not going! I am also starting swimming one morning a week with my sister as she will be one of my bridesmaids. So its incentive for all of us. Is this something you could do? Get your HTB or bridal party to join you and spur each other on?

Good luck ladies!!

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    bee3101 ·
    • Hide content

Im exactly the same. Getting married July 11th next year but seems far too long in the future when it comes to losing weight. everything else is planned but in my head i have months to lose it. dont wanna lose it then put it all back on again closer to the time. feel so lazy. OH said its not happening unless we're both in good shape. he's military so his idea of good shape and mine differ so much. im a 10/12 already so cant lose loads but think im telling myself its not that urgent. maybe when i find a dress i'll be motivated...

• E
    Beginner August 2015
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds54 ·
    • Hide content

I swear I could have written this post myself. I am getting married in august 2015, I thought booking the wedding etc would motivate me but in fact it has had the opposite effect and I keep eating. I have put on a stone within the past two months and because of this I feel so fat and unattractive its making me put off getting my dress or even look for dresses. Its making what should be an amazing experience turn into my nightmare and the worst thing is its my own fault.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

OK ladies. One step at a time. Try this, and see if it works.

When you get up tomorrow, say "TODAY I CHOOSE TO....." and then insert the appropriate words - "not eat any crap", "eat 3 healthy meals", "not have snacks", "walk to work", "go to the gym", "go for a walk in my lunchbreak", or whatever you need to do that fits in with your needs and your commitments.

When you say it, remember you are only choosing to do this for ONE DAY. Not for the next 6 or 9 months - not every day until your wedding day, but for ONE DAY.

Looking at committing to something for a long period of time is daunting, and scary, and we give up before we have even started. Yet choosing to do something FOR ONE DAY, is very achievable, and I'll bet you can do it quite easily.

Then on Thursday, wake up and say "TODAY I CHOOSE TO......." and choose to be healthy FOR ONE DAY. JUST ONE DAY.

Then on Friday, wake up and say....yes, you get the idea!

If, of course, you wake up feeling crap - and you really cannot face being healthy - then it is fine to say "TODAY I CHOOSE TO BE A LAZY MARE AND LOUNGE ABOUT IN MY PJs" or whatever. That's fine, because you've not given up, you've not failed - you have just chosen FOR ONE DAY, to be doing something less healthy. This could especially occur when it is that time of the month, or you're under the weather. It's fine - its just one day, not a failure of your diet. Equally, if you have a big function, or a birthday, you can say today I choose to eat whatever I can fit into my mouth, because it is just one day.

And then the next day, wake up and say "TODAY I CHOOSE TO....."

One day at a time, literally. Only look to what you are going to do each day. Don't worry about what you should be doing next week, or next month. Just today.

I suffered from eating disorders for most of my teens and adult life. When I eventually saw a doctor and a counsellor, this is the approach what they suggested. It helped me regain control, and get a healthy balance.

Give it a go - you've nothing to lose!!

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies! ExpensivePurpleDia and bee3101

You have nothing to worry about, I deal with the clients with this on daily basis. I will explain this to you: you get over excited and maybe a little overwhelmed and maybe you even start celebrating (drinking) with close to you people and everyone wants to share great news with you. Then you finding yourself in a position when you have put some weight on and you start feeling a little down about yourself. Then you don't know where to start because there are millions of information about nutrition and exercising and you don't know which diet to pick.

Here is my recommendation: calm down, you have over a year to go yet. Decide what you want (so write your goal down), print your goal out nd stick it on the fridge or somewhere where you could see it every day, then start putting a process goals in place, meaning think would you want to look like in 4-6 weeks, then another 4-6 weeks. Weight loss should be steady (1-2 pounds a week is a great sample). I would not do any crazy diets because losing drastically a lot of weight and restricting yourself will get you to fail and eventually give up.

Weight loss should be steady and consistent. CONSISTENCY is the key. I use flexible diet approach with my clients which helps them to keep their favourites foods achieve great results.

Let me know how you getting on and how I can help?

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi Wedding-planner.

If the weight loss reached plateau then you need to change something either in your training routines or nutrition. Body reaches plateau when it gets used to the workouts (if you train) and burns as little calories as possible so. If you don't train then you might have a look at it as an option to burn extra calories (but it does not mean you eat more now). If it's pure nutrition then I would recommend to really increase your protein intake and make sure you are staying within your calories range (females should consume 1g of protein per 1kg of your weight and that's minimum!!)

Let me know how you getting on and if i can help with some advice!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics