Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2014

12pm ceremony, will guests get bored?

loves-young-dream, 26 of May of 2014 at 08:38 Posted on Planning 0 13

We are having a 12pm ceremony and I'm afraid guests will get bored? Any ideas of how to fill some time? We haven't got much money left to spend, maybe some garden games but the garden is quite small, we have no children attending so no need to entertain them.

I was thinking maybe a photobooth set up but not too sure.

ideas welcome!

13 replies

Latest activity by SSGSAM2019, 5 of January of 2019 at 02:03
  • snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

What are your timings so far? My friends having a 12pm ceremony and I don't think we'll get bored!

Shes doing :

12pm ceremony (1 hour)

1pm photos in church yard / travel to venue for more photos

2:15 Drinks reception

3pm Wedding Breakfast

6pm Chill out in bar / go to hotel rooms

7pm Evening reception starts

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    loves-young-dream ·
    • Hide content

Those are very similar to mine! I want to drive round the corner to the beach too for photos there so that'll take more time! I just worry!!!

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Personally, if you are having a midday ceremony I would be absolutely ravenous as a guest if I wasn't going to be eating until 3pm, especially considering I wouldn't have haad time for lunch. Can you squeeze in some time immediately after the ceremony for a light snack?

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

Bluepye : at my friends all guests have been warned about 3pm food time so they know to eat an early light lunch or have a snack. :-)

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

Bluepye : at my friends all guests have been warned about 3pm food time so they know to eat an early light lunch or have a snack. :-)

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My wedding went like this:

12.30pm ceremony

1.15pm photos

2pm arrival at reception venue (more photos for us)

4pm wedding breakfast

6.30pm cake cutting

7pm evening starts

7.30pm first dance

9pm evening buffet

The wedding breakfast was initially schuduled for 3.30 but guests were busy mingling, chatting, catching up... they will entertain themselves.

Ours too were warned in advance that there would be no food till about 4pm so to have a hearty breakfast!

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is the same time as yours (it's a winter wedding and we were advised to make the most of the daylight!). Our guests should get to the venue sometime between 1-1.30pm. Our wedding breakfast is around 4pm so we will be filling the time in between with arrival drinks, canapes, photos and a roulette table : )

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sash87 ·
    • Hide content

Our day is running like this:

12:30 ceremony

1:00 drinks, canapes and photos

2:30 wedding breakfast

4:15 speeches and gifts

6:00 evening reception

7:00 cake cutting

7:15 first dance

8:00 hog roast

There will be garden games and a bouncy castle, bouncy castle is mostly for me......

• Dream Team Dean
    Beginner October 2013
    Dream Team Dean ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I had my wedding in October last year and my ceremony started at 12pm, the rest of the day was as follows:

12pm- Ceremony

12.40- Photos

13.30- Leave church to venue

13.50- arrive at venue for music and canopes and drinks

Photography for 45 mins

15.00- Call to dine

15.15- Bride and Groom enter

17.30- Speeches and Toasts

18.15- Bar for drinks (changeover of rooms)

19.00- Evening Guests arrive

So this was perfect for my guests and I as they had food as soon as they arrived at venue plus they could check into there rooms and then have a few drinks before being dinner. I hope it goes great for you Smiley smile xxxx

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

I think most guests at weddings know that there is going to be down time where they need to amuse themselves. I tend to think that as long as there is a bar, people can drink and chat and the time passes. If you can afford some canapes to go around then all the better, keeps people quiet.

If you have any spare money some lawn games might be good fun while you're off having photos taken. You might be able to get some from the "for sale" section on here, or on eBay for a bit cheaper.

Photobooths are great fun, but they are expensive, and only a few people can use it at any one time.

Maybe you could get your guest book doing the rounds to give people something to do?

But I really do think that as long as there is a bar, people will be happy to amuse themselves.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I have honestly never been bored at anyone's wedding. The only one that was 'less interesting' was one where I only knew the couple and so didn't do the whole 'catch up' thing with friends/family like I would normally do. For that one, the ceremony was about 1ish, but the ceremony time didn't matter I would have still had the same problem of not knowing anyone. I wouldn't worry about it, just think of it as you're making the most of your day and will not feel as rushed as some couples probably do.

• L
    Beginner
    louise blake ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a 1pm ceremony. If it started at 12 I'd not be worried- it would just give people a bit more time to mingle and a bit more time to eat.

I think it will be fine! ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this.

• S
    Beginner October 2019
    SSGSAM2019 ·
    • Hide content

I know this is from years ago but it’s really reassured me! My mum said 12.30 is too early and people might leave earlier than the finish time (11.30). But the only other kick off time was 3.30! So...thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics