Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2014

What are your Bride to be beauty tips?

Jes22, 4 of April of 2014 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 15

This is just a bit of fun but what beauty tips have you found while prepping for your wedding?

My top 3 are -

coconut oil hair masks, bog standard coconut oil smothered on my hair and left all day or over night, my hair looks and feels amazing, my hair dresser even commented on what good condition it was in.

Bicarbonate of soda face scrub, I have quite oily skin and prone to spots, also some scarring from previous spots. I use it straight from the pot, mix in my hand into a thick paste I use it every day in the shower and my skin feels amazing, my scars are fading and I have less breakouts, them annoying little blackheads you get on your nose and chin are also drastically reduced as well =)

lastly caster oil on my eyebrows, after years of plucking/waxing they seem to be getting thinner and thinner. Caster oil helps hair regrowth so I've been using it to help mine grow so I can have bigger, fuller eyebrows that I can them shape how I want.

what beauty secrets have you guys found along the way?

15 replies

Latest activity by Jes22, 8 of April of 2014 at 23:53
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I've heard castor oil is good for under eye moisturising too - my under eyes are super dry and show up fine lines. I think I'll try it on both! I read an article on looking good in photos that I'm gonna try to use some tips from:

http://www.xovain.com/makeup/photo-ready-makeup-tips#awesm=~oAv7tLLb1XNngg

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I give myself weekly facials x

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Oh I'm trying that bicarbonate of soda scrub! I don't have great skin so treating myself to monthly facials, n bought some posh face wash/moisturiser etc need something good to scrub my back n chest with tho so will see if that helps!

Im dry body brushing most days, no idea if there's a right way to do it but it's supposed to help circulation n figure it must be a bit exfoliating

i also used a hair oil the other day, felt so so soft that day but back to normal the day after!

• J
    Beginner May 2014
    Jes22 ·
    • Hide content

I love bicarb, I've had it in my bathroom for years but never thought to use it on my face until I read it somewhere a few weeks back. I brush my teeth with it once/twice a month everybody always compliments me on my white teeth.

Treacletart try coconut oil on your hair, it really does work. My niece has bad acne on her chest and back and has been using the bicard as a scrub, it has definitely improved xx

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I'll them both a go! Top tips jes22 - if the bicarbonate works for me I will send you a massive virtual mwah! Lol

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

All great tips and I off to get some castor oil for the eyebrows today (victim of the 90's overplucking trend!). Desperately trying to grow them out to a nice shape at the moment.

I am using St Ives facial scrub daily and a body scrub on my arms as the tops of my arms have always been covered in loads of tiny red spots (looks like I have a permanent rash). Not helping much though so if anyone has any advise on that I would gladly receive it!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

The tiny spots on your arms might be keratosis pilaris. I have it and there is no cure, but you can try coconut oil on it too, or a moisturiser with urea like Eucerin.

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Steaming is great for getting rid of spots

Using a serum before moisturising is great for keeping clear skin clear.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Depends on your skin type, though - steaming makes my already pink-toned skin red and sensitised. I use tea tree oil on spots, but just a super precise application with a cotton bud.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

Top tip from me...I read it somewhere last week and have been trying it with great results.

if you have thin or limp hair, and you use conditioner, they say the products you put in your hair make them heavy and reduce volume. They say you should CONDITION FIRST and then SHAMPOO SECOND. The result after a few washes (actually even the first!) is that your hair looks like it has been blow dryed. And it stays like that!! +++ volume with no back combing. Yipee

• .A.S.
    Beginner July 2014
    .A.S. ·
    • Hide content

I work for Clinique as a Beauty Consultant & rgds skin treatment as a generalised rule, cleanse. tone. moisturise.

Wash your face twice a day (AFTER removing make up in the eve), tone with the appropriate product for you and moisturise. Yes. Even if you are oily. Oily skin tends to produce more oil if it is going without moisture as a replacement. Make sure you end your regime with SPF protection and good quality make up/clean make up brushes.

For those of you with spots etc I really do honestly recommend our Anti Blemish range. It has sorted my skin out over the last few years and got everything under control in a way no other products ever have.

The above advice is a huge generalisation as all skin is different... Any clinique consultant would gladly advise you with no obligation to buy and for free. You can then apply that knowledge to products you choose to use with your own research Smiley smile HTH

Otherwise, Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo is FAB on hair, and OPI Nail Envy will get your nails to grow strong and stay perfect in no time. I'm also extremely partial to a lush facemask... HTH too!

XXX

• Sarah Ellen Bailey
    Sarah Ellen Bailey ·
    • Hide content

Drink masses of water in the run up, loads of it! Sounds obvious i know but it's amazing how much it brightens your face.

• J
    Beginner May 2014
    Jes22 ·
    • Hide content

Hisgirl I also had the red pumps on the back of my arm, my belly and the tops of my legs I've always had them and hated them. I have tried every scrub known to man and the only one I've found that works is pulp fiction by soap and glory and a good moisturiser afterwards. I never used to moisturise thinking it was oily/spots but since it have been they've pretty much disappeared xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics