Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner

Dry hire venue 200 people Essex/herts/bedfordshire/cambridgeshire - HELP!

jewishbride169, 18 of February of 2014 at 17:52 Posted on Planning 0 12

Help please lovely ladies!

I have just got engaged and am really struggling to find a venue for my Jewish wedding. It needs to allow dry hire (for kosher caterers) and be big enough for 200 people. So many of the venues have quoted around £15k just for the hire - completely out of our budget.

Would be extremely grateful for any suggestions...

Thank you ! xx

12 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 30 of May of 2019 at 23:17
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Do you have any idea of your budget at all, or the kind of venue you'd like as that may help with suggestions ?

Are there any other "must haves" (such as accommodation on site etc) and i'll have a think as we're in the area. I'm sure somewhere will spring to mind!

Offhand, there's Fennes: http://www.fennes.co.uk/

And I imagine their sister venue would offer the same. Parklands: http://www.quendonpark.co.uk/

• J
    Beginner
    jewishbride169 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!!!

Absolutely love both of them but fennes wanted £12500 and parklands £15000! Ah!

I would really like to be under £8000 for the venue hire fee.

appreciate the suggestions! X

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Say what!? I'm sure when I was getting the website link Fennes said £4000 dry hire. Crikey! I'll keep thinking ?

Edit: Just noticed it's the dreaded "From" £4000. Cheeky cheeky.

I assume it needs to be 200+ capacity for the full day and meal?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

It might be a bit tight, although Mayflower Place may suit your requirements....

Welcome to the forum btw....

Peter

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Have you considered hiring some land and hiring in a Marquee?

We're doing something similar next year for our wedding and the land hire+ marquee cost is well under £8k

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

My SIL got married here a few years ago: http://springfieldweddingvenue.co.uk/

They show a package for 80 guests, but I'm sure my SIL had over 150 guests. Its a large marquee, with attached kitchen facilities. Set on beautiful grounds with a pond & lovely photo opportunities. We supplied the alcohol/drinks & own caterers. I have no idea of prices though, but worth enquiring. Its in north Essex near Clacton.

I went to see this place https://woodhallmanor.com/ which is in south Suffolk. Absolutely gorgeous. We only had 60 guests, & this was too large for us. They have a link to Jewish weddings there too. You can have staff come to cook & serve, or provide your own caterers with free use of the kitchen. There are on site hotel rooms, lovely grounds & an enormous disco/dance area. I remember it was pricey, but cheaper out of season & mid week.

• J
    Beginner
    jewishbride169 ·
    • Hide content

Wow thank you, great suggestions.

mayflower looks lovely but probably a little small.

Yup, looks like 200 for the meal. Trying to negotiate this with our parents though!!

ive requested a brochure from woodhall manor and will call tomorrow - looks gorgeous.

x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

200 was always going to stretch it a little although you can use your own caterers here......

Broxbourne Civic Centre would fit your amount of guests although I am not sure what the catering arrangements are there........decent grounds for pix too.....

You mention it being a Jewish wedding.....are you marrying in a synagogue or having a civil ceremony?

Peter

• J
    Beginner
    jewishbride169 ·
    • Hide content

Hi peter,

Thanks for another great suggestion. Looks lovely - looking forward to calling in the morning to find out more.

looking to have just a Jewish blessing/ceromony - it doesn't have to be in a synagogue and means the venue doesn't have to have a civil license.

Thanks!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

If you are going for the glass breaking at the blessing, we have a nearby hand blown glass company....Nazeing Glass.......Less than a mile from this venue!!!!!

Peter

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Completely out of your area but I used to work at the midland hotel in Manchester and I remember outside kosher caterers coming in. I think it was part of the Q hotels group .. Might be worth checking if there are any down your way Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner October 2019
    Fey ·
    • Hide content

Where did you use in the end OP?

I'm searching for a dry hire venue in the city of Cambridge.

Suggestions welcome. About 120 people.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest three lakes....superb venie close to Ware....

Peter

ps, My own daughters wedding report and excellent recommended suppliers coming soon.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics