Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AmnesiaCustard
Beginner June 2011

Moving on...

AmnesiaCustard, 11 of February of 2014 at 09:21 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 25

How do you know when it is time to leave Hitched?

Do you think there will be a defining moment for you, or just a gradual reduction in interest and number of posts?

Will anyone notice?

25 replies

Latest activity by *gnashers*, 14 of February of 2014 at 14:44
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I think there's certain people we'd notice if they left.

I don't think I'm one of them though ?

I'm not as prolific as I used to be, but then, I don't think anyone is. There seems to be a lot less topics that I'm interested in now, and I can't think of anything to post that would interest other people.

It's just natural I suppose, especially with the FB groups.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I think people gradually just drift away. There are a number of posters who I've seen slowly disappear in my time. It just happens on forums I think.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

If no one noticed if i left id have a few words to say!!!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I think people just drift. Life can take over, or they find another place that is more relevant to them.

I left Hitched for a bit, but was back after 4 or 5 months as I needed BT.

I am mainly a lurker here now, but I have been here too long to abandon it all together.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure....I don't have anyone on here on Facebook either so if anyone went that would be it forever which sounds kinda sad!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I think it is a gradual change. Keeping in touch off forum is often a reason, as is changing circumstances and not being able to post so much, then realising when you return that the group of members has new people you don't recognise, so you're less likely to post in response to their threads. Then realise you haven't posted in an age. Then just don't make the effort so much because work/life get in the way.

Of course they can all be overcome, but I think people have less drive to keep in tough on the forums when you keep in touch by other means too. Like email, which is work friendly!

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I don't think that there will be a defining moment for me but just a dwindling interest. I would probably still lurk though and post less!

I doubt anyone would notice me posting less but I have noticed both you AC and Flow posting less recently, along with other Otters. I do feel sad about that but people's circumstances change so it is understandable.

I hope that this post is not your swan song AC!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone, and feel the same way. With regards to Wedding Planning, I feel like I try but I'm talking to myself most days! As well as competition from other places, the forum isn't as engaging as it used to be, I try hard but there are so few regular posters the feeling of community is lost, which doesn't encourage me to post.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Like others said, I think it's a dwindling thing. I find myself coming on less and less, and have zero interest in the WP side of things, I just stay to keep in touch with those I've got to know, but with other means of communication that are frankly more private I go there before I go here now...

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I try to keep my hand in here and on WP, I have (believe it or not!) been on less due to work, I have been on just over 2 years and have noticed a bit of a cycle reoccurring with topics but new posters mean new perspectives which is good.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

What do you mean 'locked' Jo?

I'm sad that my WPing time has come and I feel like I'm out on my own!..

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ATB of course we are very interested in your WP. We'll just have to fluffy up a bit!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure when / if i'll leave hitched. I'd probably go if most of the regulars left tbh, it's the otters that make it for me here.
    I didn't have intentions of staying long but enjoyed it on here, don't know if that'll eventually fade but I'd hope to always be in touch with all the otters. Would anyone notice probably not i'm thinking but maybe.

ATB - I'm a WP and always looking to nip peoples heads about plans so please bring me any wp chat you have haha!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perhaps you could nip MY head re: invitations.... ?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At least you didn't say "invites"

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You know me better than that....

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep. Praise the Lord (snigger!)

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I don't come on as much anymore to post as I'm on my phone but I do lurk to see what people are up to. I don't think I'd give up unless my friends did

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

ATB - you're definitely not on your own - I'm also always happy to hear wp chat! I know what you mean about feeling like you're talking to yourself sometime though.

I think is be the same as others and just gradually start posting less. I doubt anyone would notice but I reckon I would notice quite a few if they disappeared. There's a few that I notice even if they're away for a couple of weeks.

Invites/invitations - I dont know what's got in to me but I keep finding myself saying invites recently and often have to edit afterwards but sometimes forget, it drives me mad and I don't know where it's come from!

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Ive been a bit MIA and haven't had time to lurk, let alone post. I have never properly left a forum, just slowly faded away. Not sure anyone had noticed? I think the 'feel' of forums change as people come and go so sometimes a few slip away when there is a lull or lots of newbies?

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Any i've posted on then stopped I've just gradually stopped going. I have never hung around as long anywhere as I have here though.

I agree that the lack of privacy does hold it back a bit when some of us do have private groups etc we can discuss these things.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just noticed this reading through here haha! I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago asking if you could still do them for me & hadn't heard back and I was last to reply to the original email so didn't want to send another & seem like a plague, did you receive it ok? Hoping i haven't sent it to someone else!
    I found some ones on etsy I ordered a few days ago so hoping they're ok but nowhere near as nice as yours!

ETA : Just checked & sent this on 30th January:
    "
    "Hi Emma,

How are you? Just sending a wee email to see if you'd still be able to do the invitations we discussed, it's no bother if you're too busy honestly but didn't want to not ask incase you thought I wasn't interested or got someone else to do them etc Smiley smile Can easily get other ones made from ebay or something if you can't so no worries if you can't!

Also could you tell me the name of the rings again that are cheaper? I can't remember the name of them think it started with a P but that's it haha. Hope you're well!

Thanks,

Amanda."

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I think I have moved on a bit, but purely because at the moment, I don't have time to get on forums at work.

I always feel a bit bad posting on Hitched related Facebook groups but it's just so much easier to get on there, as I can post from my phone without a faff!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics