Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2015

Help needed for venue in Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire

Charlottetd, 28 of December of 2013 at 19:07 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone

My bf and I are getting married in the summer 2015 but are looking to book in a venue as soon as possible so we don't end up missing out on the perfect place. We are looking for something a little more unusual and quirky but can't seem to find anything other than stately homes and hotels! We are looking in Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire.

We would like somewhere we can have both the ceremony and reception so our guests don't have to travel between and ideally somewhere that will let us bring our own caterers but this is not a must have if the place is perfect.

Something historic would be good but anything different is ideal!

Hoping that someone on here would have an idea of where we could look

Thanks everyone!

12 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 17 of April of 2014 at 23:58
  • Lady V
    Beginner November 2015
    Lady V ·
    • Hide content

There are loads of barn type venues around there so it shouldn't be to hard to find something to suit. have you had a look at the venue finder on here? i found lots of places i'd never heard of in my area using that...

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I've shot at the Brooklands museum in Surrey and it was quite cute! You can have your wedding ceremony on concorde itself or in the pavilion type building. We did group shots out by the vintage garages which looked really cool!

• Wedding Magician - Roger Lapin
    Beginner January 2015
    Wedding Magician - Roger Lapin ·
    • Hide content

The Clock Barn in Hampshire is a stunning barn set on a farm 1.7 miles down a lane just outside Whitchurch in Hampshire.

The barn is huge and has a nice quiet room out the back if you just want to get away from it all for a bit.

There are some photos and video below of me performing there last year.

Clock Barn Hampshire - Wedding Entertainment

For more info on the Clock Barn - see their website - www.clockbarn-weddings.co.uk

It would be one of my top 3 wedding venues in Hampshire

Roger

• Dream Team Dean
    Beginner October 2013
    Dream Team Dean ·
    • Hide content

I got married at Monkey Island Hotel, beautiful venue and right next to the River with own pretty grounds. Its an island off Bray.

https://monkeyisland.co.uk/

Good Luck x

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My H would have loved this! He's a major concorde fanatic.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Farnham Castle https://www.farnhamcastle.com/ fantastic venue but what others said there are loads of barn venues scattered about Surrey and Hampshire.

Cain manor is also a lovely venue but a manor house venue. If I think of any more I will post them.

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

Gate Street Barn in Bramley (near Guildford) is lovely

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Taplins place is a lovely and reasonable barn venue:

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    S2BMRSB ·
    • Hide content

We looked at loads of places in those areas and there are some beautiful venues out there! One of my favourites was Grooms Bordon Hampshire. It is a lovely 6 bedroom 'hotel' but felt more like your castle for the day. You get married outside looking over the beautiful green fields then they have a marquee for the wedding breakfast. https://www.weddingvenues.com/venue3688.html this is a link for it but the photos don't do it justice.

If you wanted something more out there, how about Spinica tower in Portsmouth? Although it was too pricy for meSmiley winking Happy huntingSmiley smile

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

I second brooklands museum, such an awesome place!

• C
    Beginner October 2015
    Cat D ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are getting married at Loseley Park in Guildford and it is gorgeous! It definitely has history and has a walled garden and a moat around the house and has a tythe barn for the evening. You can do both things at the venue and the people there are great!

Check their pics out: www.loseleypark.co.uk

Cat

• C
    Beginner October 2015
    Cat D ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and I might add that we are both going for something quirky and this place allows for it with a grand place for the ceremony and a modern finish on their historic barn too Smiley smile

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Loseley Park is lovely and that moat is just fantastic for photos.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics