Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner July 2014

Make up products recommendations

Paranoid_Pixie_:), 17 of December of 2013 at 15:11 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello all

I am doing my own make up for the wedding, I want to buy some decent products tho. At the moment I use Boots NO7 but it doesnt last very long ( Ihave oily skin) What do you lovely ladies recommend?

15 replies

Latest activity by Paranoid_Pixie_:), 2 of January of 2014 at 12:18
  • S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I did my own make up too, using Mica Minerals. I'd never go back to anything else.

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

I use Lancome Idole Ultra 24H. I have quite oily skin on my nose and this is the only foundation I have found that stays on all day! I also use the Lancome primer as a base and then finish off with a loose powder, brushed on lightly.

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

I use double wear Estée Lauder although it's heavy and photographs badly so going to try Nars xx

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    Paranoid_Pixie_:) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies

If I go to somewhere like Debenhams and book in to a couple of places to try their products, do they get funny at all if you dont then buy the products because its not suitable? My skin is really oily and I appreciate that I will have reapply any make up more than once, but I dont want to spend all day touching up Smiley winking

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

I always feel guilty if I don't buy the products! But you aren't going to know how well it lasts if you buy it straight away. Maybe go first thing without make up on and they can apply all the products and by the end of the day you should know how well it lasts.

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

I tried the clinique make up in John lewis last week and was very frank with the girl and told her I wanted to see how well it lasted. It wasn't a problem. Go for it.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I like the mineral powder type things, like bare minerals. A lot of bridal mua use mac, so in terms of quality they're a good shout.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to get a make-over done by Benefit, then do it myself on the big day

• SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content

I have oily skin too - I use Revlon colorstay combination/oily foundation and lasts really well.

If you're willing to splash out a bit, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier are good for oil-free products.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I've heard great things about Clarins make up fix spray. I've not used it myself but I've bought it for my wedding.

Which No7 foundation do you use? I'll be using the Stay Perfect one, which lasts brilliantly on me, but I don't have oily skin. Have you tried the beautifully matt one?

• MrsP:)
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsP:) ·
    • Hide content

I have the same skin type as you and have just tried Clinique anti blemish foundation. It lasts all day without needing to apply powder and has good coverage without being heavy. it sort of sets to a matt finish after applying it which anyone with oily skin will love, also other make-up sits well on top of it like blusher and eye make-up, it really makes it pop. Go in to debenhams, or boots or a big department store without any make-up on and ask them to apply it and also take away a sample, the pot they put it in is enough for one month so you should be able to see how you get on with it without having to purchase a bottle unnecessarily.

Good Luck

xx

• MrsWill2b
    Beginner March 2013
    MrsWill2b ·
    • Hide content

I went to the Mac make up counter on the Wedding day and had my make up done at 10.30am for a 3pm wedding. It looked perfect still by then and I didn't do a top up or need mattyfying. Bargain as well at £35 plus you get £35 worth of make up to take away. I have since started using Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation because I heard many great things about it. It is now my fave foundation. And also, I am now using Mally Evercolour Poreless Face Defender which I got from QVC on easy pay. Love that it keeps me matt and my makeup stays on my face for most of the day without a top up.

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    Paranoid_Pixie_:) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for your replies. I have picked up samples of your suggestions, dont have a favourite yet, but working on it Smiley smile Because I live 60 mile round trip from any decent shops I think I will start having a make over each time I go into the city, be fun Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics