Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner December 2013

Winter wedding menu ideas

zebralea, 17 of August of 2013 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 4

I have been struggling with menu choices.

We want just to have a set meal with a just with a choice of vegetarian.. Sadly my OH and I have completely different ideas for starters, what he likes I don't and what I like he doesn't.....

The only starters we both like is tomato soup but we know people are fussy with it.. And I really don't want to put on something the most of people aren't going to eat

Anyone ideas for starters and desserts?

thanks in advance

4 replies

Latest activity by ApricotTree, 18 of August of 2013 at 17:18
  • S
    Beginner September 2014
    sharnem ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a list of options to choose from, or are caterers able to do anything you ask for?

I am quite fussy but i personally wouldnt eat fish, pate, black pudding i just find the thought horrible

my favourite starters when we go out is the soup on the day - so far my favorites are mushroom and carrot and ginger and for winter can be quite homely and warming and im not a soup fan ....

or something like teriyaki chicken skewers with salad?

or mushrooms in white sauce and toast? a different alternative to pate and toast

hopefully helped Smiley smile

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content

Oh chicken teriyaki skewers could be a choice!

We both don't like mushrooms, all the choices on the menu are

- Pork pate

- A couple of fish tarts

- Risotto

- Melon (which i would go for but OH doesn't like it)

- Soups all of which we don't like other than tomato soup

- Sorbets... which might be quite nice thinking about it

The main course is fine, as we would be going for beef, or picking chicken, but then chicken starter and chicken main might be too much...

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    sharnem ·
    • Hide content

Personally i would go for the least offensive, the one more people would rather eat which personally to me would be the risotto given you dont really want soup

another idea would be what about cheese and crackers? although it is typically a dessert i think it would work well with a winter menu especially with a unusual chutney/ pickle and could be a talking point to your meal?

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

I would go with the risotto. People can be peculiar about fish although personally I had a salmon starter! If you do not like tomato soup or melon which I have to be honest, the vast majority would like, then I think I'd pick the risotto. Soaks up a bit of the booze and nice and warming and filling on a cold day. Pate can be a bit polarising - you love it or you hate it!

Sorbet is not a starter in my view, it is a palette cleanser between courses.

• ApricotTree
    Beginner December 2013
    ApricotTree ·
    • Hide content

Soup is a nice, non-offensive starter. Fish and pate, I think, is a no-go for a lot of people. Plus everyone loves a good bowl of hot soup in the winter!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics