Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

2 appointmenrs in one day. Is it realistic?

16 of August of 2013 at 10:10 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hello!

I've got a dress shop appointment for 12:30pm next week and there is another bridal shop near by I'd like to go to also. I'm thinking it would be good if I could go to both whilst I'm in the area. Has anyone done this?

How much time roughly do you think I should allow myself in the first shop before going to the next?

Thanks

:-D

21 replies

Latest activity by Trish2014, 16 of August of 2013 at 22:28
  • Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I booked myself for one at 9.30 and the other at 3. However, I found the one in the first shop and therefore cancelled my 3pm app! I was at the first shop for about 1.5 hours, so would have had plenty of time for the next. It's certainly doable depending on how long you spend in each shop of course.

Have a great time!

• *Munchkin*
    Beginner October 2013
    *Munchkin* ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you call the bridal shop and ask them roughly how long an average appointment lasts? From memory, I think I could try on around 6 dresses, but actually tried on one more (which I then bought on the spot).

You could always go to the other bridal shop first.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

All 3 shops I went to gave me 6 tags to put on dresses I liked, but in all of them i ended up trying on more than that.

It can be quite hard work getting them all on and off so after your first appointment give yourself a little time to sit and have a coffee or something and you'll be fine.

Enjoy!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

You may find they put a time limit on your appointment, particularly if it's a Saturday, so you may want to ask about that. I was allowed to go over in mine, partly because the next person arrived very late, but also I think they got the sniff of a sale (I ordered my dress that day!).

You should easily be able to fit in more than one appointment in a day. It's quite nice to make a day of it!

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

All my appointments last between and hour and an hour and a half. I did 3 appointments in one day which was a bit too much, by the last shop I had 'dress blindness' and was tired of being pulled in and out of dresses.

2 appointments in a day is a nice amount and makes the most of your time!

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

All of my appointments were 1 1/2 hours. The first shop I went to was a bit of a shambles, I tried on all of about 5 dresses in that time and they wouldn't let me look through even though I had a good idea what I wanted, they picked them all out and not particularly well either. The others all let me go through and pick out half a dozen or so to start with. Then based on what I did and didn't like about each one they then suggested others to try. On the day I chose my dress I actually did 3 shops in 1 day. One at 9.30-11.00, then an early lunch, next one at 1.00-2.30, and the last one at 3.00-5.30. Busy day but fun!

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile 2 is very do able.

I did a day in York and squeezed in 3 shops.

1 appointment at 10am, one at 12.pm and the last at 3.30pm.

ETA: My appointments in York were 1 hour each, I tried on 5 dresses in one, 7 in the other and 9 in the final.

My other dress shop in Wakefield is a 2 hour appointment and you get around 20 tags which would be 20 dresses. I didn't need the 2 hours though and only used about 7 tags.

My appointments have been Saturdays so shops are busy, but weekdays allow longer appointments!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I'm with the others on this.

Very do-able but I wouldn't do many if any more as it can be tireing from what I've heard and also confusing.

Each appointment will be approx 1.5 hrs I expect.

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

I did 3 in a day in three different parts of Surrey. Each appt was an hour, then I left travelling time and half hour to stop for coffee and put in a lunch!

To be honest, 2 was fine. By the third, they all looked identical.

I tried on 28 dresses that day. Bought the very first I tried on!

Did it like this as my Mummy lives 200 miles away and as she is disabled she has to wait for Pa to drive her, and she cannot be going backwards and forwards!

My brain was so boggled and I did have wobbles after and wonder if I had made the right choice, but I didn;t want a dress I hadn't picked with my Mama so there was no going back!

Turned out the wobbling was ridic and I am still so in love with my dress that I did consider driving home to ma and pa's this weekend to cuddle it before I go on my honeymoon!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

You totes will :-)

I hadn;t seen mine for so long, I fell deeply in love with it in the few days before the wedding. As we came out of the church, one guest was throwing confetti so exceitedly that she stood on my train with both feet. I would have punched her in the throat if there had not been such a big audience. At the end of the night when we went up to bed, OH stepped on it and broke one of the loops that the train was bustled with and I almost divorced him on the spot.

My dress is hanging in the big wardrobe in my sister's old room and I think of it there quite often and wonder what it is thinking about.

I do not understand girls that do trash the dress shoots - many people must have spent hours making my dress so beautiful and there is a little bit of each of them in it. It is a piece of art and something I will always treasure and wonder how the **** I ever fitted in it!

You will find a dress that makes you feel like this. Each dress is special, but there will be one that is just a little more special than the others. I did not feel a thunderclap and chanting angels though - I really liked it a heck of a lot but I didn;t cry or go weak at the knees. But I would lay down my life for that dress now!

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content

I hope this comes across the right way but isn't this a little unfair on the bridal shop? If the dresses are the same designer, are brand new with tags (but would have to be discontinued gowns to sell them at such a reduction, or copies) then why not just go to the 2nd shop?

All of my appointments last 2 hours and sometimes longer if the bride needs it and appointments allow. The number of dresses that can be tried on is unlimited and sometimes something will slip through the net or a mum/bridesmaid will pull out a dress whilst the bride is getting changed that they hadn't originally noticed and it turns out to be the one. Ive had brides that have done 3 appointments in one day and are so confused by the end of it. They cannot remember what they tried and where (a lot of shops will not allow you to take pictures), and all dresses merge into one. I think 2 is a very doable number but if what the shop owner is saying is true I would just skip the first because your are going to spend 2 hours of the boutiques time to then go and buy the dress cheaper at the 2nd (which anybody in their right mind would do).

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope this comes across the right way but isn't this a little unfair on the bridal shop? If the dresses are the same designer, are brand new with tags (but would have to be discontinued gowns to sell them at such a reduction, or copies) then why not just go to the 2nd shop?

All of my appointments last 2 hours and sometimes longer if the bride needs it and appointments allow. The number of dresses that can be tried on is unlimited and sometimes something will slip through the net or a mum/bridesmaid will pull out a dress whilst the bride is getting changed that they hadn't originally noticed and it turns out to be the one. Ive had brides that have done 3 appointments in one day and are so confused by the end of it. They cannot remember what they tried and where (a lot of shops will not allow you to take pictures), and all dresses merge into one. I think 2 is a very doable number but if what the shop owner is saying is true I would just skip the first because your are going to spend 2 hours of the boutiques time to then go and buy the dress cheaper at the 2nd (which anybody in their right mind would do).

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

Totally, I've done 3 in one day twice now and it does work. I just always wish every shop stocked everything it's so hard to compare when dresses are in different shops!

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Meganjp86 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah that will be fine! I had an appointment and 10 and another at 12. They said to me they allow on average an hour and a half for an appointment xx

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I always wanted to make the most of my Saturdays dress hunting so always did at least 2 shops and it was absolutely fine ? We always tried to do lunch in between too to give us chance to talk about the dresses and memorise them before going into the next shop

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics