• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

Ooo I wana know this

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Whoever you want to really. If you are requesting a group shot then maybe after this?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I dont know if there is a 'usual' time, but I did it in the evening, towards the end of the night. After cake cutting & all the speeches, and whilst we were all dancing away. The MC made an announcement so all the girls knew.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

A lot of the time they cost so much that people like to dry them and keep them and dont want them squashed in a scrum.

But if you are going to do it then best when you are finished with them for photos ect.

Then do THIS !!

• Dash of Sparkle - Venue Styling & Wedding Planners
    Dash of Sparkle - Venue Styling & Wedding Planners ·
    • Hide content

I usually suggest about 30-45 minutes after your first dance, everyone is on the dance floor and looking for a bit of entertainment :-)

Bouquet followed by garter toss ... let the fun begin Smiley smile

Have an amazing day!!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Dont forget to ask the florist to supply a toss bouquet! Most normal bouquets arent made to be throw & you'll find the flowers will just go flying.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

My least favourite most cringy tradition. There are very few single people at our wedding so I'm probably not to going to do it.

At my FSIL's wedding five years ago, she and FMIL force me up for the bouquet toss and tried to keep everyone else away - excruciating. My one reason for doing doing it - FSIL is no longer married but is in a relationship and so revenge could be mine.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I've spent too long growing my flowers to toss them for someone's entertainment lol! :0o

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I know realisticly I won't do anything with my bouquet after. So I'd rather have the pic, most of my friends are not single either but they're up for an action shot. No one really believes the next to marry part of it anyway.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I'll probably chuck my brooch bouquet at the first person to p**s me off!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I caught the bouquet at a friends wedding 4 years ago, out of the people at that wedding OH and I are the next getting married- maybe it does work! Hehehe ;-) although in fairness we were about the only people not already married as she was an older bride.

I won't be tossing mine as my mum is going to take it up to the moors where my horse and my grandad's ashes were scattered and leave it there for them.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I always ask the bride if they want to do the bouquet toss in the evening. I put Beyonces 'single ladies' on and get the ladies on the dance floor. If the couple want it it, I follow it up with the garter routine. It's usually towards the end of the night when everyone is up for a laugh.

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content

If they are properly made they should be fine, but I would agree if you want to keep your bouquet for preserving DON'T toss it.

If you are worried it will be too heavy your florist will make you a smaller simpler version to toss.

If you get one made remember to toss it though..............I have had a couple of brides that have foirgotten and lekt them in the box till next morning!

• louise fisher
    Beginner July 2014
    louise fisher ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a wedding planner,she will tell you exactly when it is time for tossing your bouquet..

Or an assistant is okay..

I also need to pratice how to toss correctly for the bouquet for my big day too...

Good luck..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics