Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

loadsagifts
Beginner January 2012

Need willpower vibes

loadsagifts, 22 of May of 2013 at 11:13 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Hi everyone

I have been trying to lose weight for months (personal trainer, 5:2 diet, gym, healthy eating etc) and have succeeded in a paltry loss of 9lbs since January! My inches have increased and I am still wearing the same clothes so haven't even gone down a dress size!

I suffer with depression which is aggravated by my weight issues so every knock back is another binge eat day for me ;-(

But I battle on...latest thing is I am going to try slimming world, first meet tonight and just wondered if any of you strong willed ladies would send me some willpower vibes!

Thanks in advance

Dawn

13 replies

Latest activity by loadsagifts, 3 of June of 2013 at 14:07
  • S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Haven't got a lot of willpower myself, but will happily send you some vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain Dawn. Like you I started with high hopes and have been stuck for ages. But this week is THE week. So lets do it together!!

I have bought lots of sugar free squash and caffeine free diet coke so when a sweet things craving comes I've got it covered. Otherwise I'm cutting out wine (my downfall) and eating until I have had enough rather than until I'm full. My diet is already pretty healthy so I'm just upping the veggies and decreasing the fat slightly, and managing my portion size better. I WILL lose at least 37lb this year, which averages at over 1lb a week from now on, but it has to be done.

My advice on the binge eating is to choose another treat: so for every knock back treat yourself to a really good espresso, a bunch of tulips,or a brief walk in the spring air under a tree rather than a bad meal which will reinforce your negative feelings. Just choose something small whcih works for you, rather than reaching for whatever food you are currently using for conmfort.

Draw a line under today and make your meal plan for tomorrow. We'll do it together!

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

MOMB thank you for your inspiring words..........I think it will be great if we do it together, maybe have a check in once a week.....it is hard but I realise I am not alone in my struggle.......good luck with your weight loss ( I have around 49lbs to shift)

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Good luck for tonight with SW: let us know how it goes! ?

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

I've been doing slimming world since Jan and lost 1st7lb

my sister has lost nearly 3 stone since about the same time doing slimming world it does work!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I joined SW last night. I was on it a few years ago and lost a couple of stone fairly easily. I'm not advocating binging obviously but if you do go off the plan slightly and have things you should do, there are so many 'free' foods to choose from that you really can eat for days without using any syns which would then go some way to cancel out what you have been eaten that you should have been.

Good luck, let us know how you get on tonight, and I'm here to hold your hand too!

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I have been going to slimming world for a long time on and off. The first time I went I lost 2 stone. I stopped going after thinking i didn't need to support to keep off the weight. I went back in January last year and was a stone heavier than my last weigh in...I was gutted!! last year I did slowly but surely get 1.5 stone off, but ever since this January, I have really struggled. I have got a meeting tonight and will be expecting a big gain, but I am in desparate need of some will power. I know it works, I have seen in happen. I would be happy to get 2 stone off in the next year. Maybe we should start a slimming world thread? Good luck tonight, I will be thinking of you!

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for the positive comments. Its good to know there are people who will look out for you! I am happy to join a slimming world thread if it motivates other people too....and selfishly it would help me as everyone would understand what each other is going through.

I have had therapy and all sorts to help me over my body dysmorphia and I know only I can change things but it gets to you sometimes! However, as I am in an alright place at the mo I will report into my first SW class tonight and let you know how I get on.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Dawn, Just checking in! How are you getting on with SW?

I'm sticking with my plan (more or less) and have lost 1lb/week for the last two. Need to up the pace to meet my target by the end of the year though, but at least the scales are heading in the right direction! I have found that writing every bite down does help: i suspect that i've been loading up on calories by havng a nibble here and there while cooking for the family!

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Hi MOMB

I haven't done brilliantly on the eating plan, need to sit down with BF and plan our meals which will be easier now we have been paid! I have made an effort to eat free foods though and stocked up on salads, ham etc and I did lose 1.5lbs last week but I suspect it was due to the TOTM finishing more than anything. However, I feel quite positive today and plan to be strict this week and do lots of exercise too.

Good news on your weight loss, you are doing really well x

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Slimming World works, if you stick to it ? I lost 5 stone on it a few years ago but naughty me have now gained most of that back ?

I have to try and so something too for my health and because we want a bubba and I think my weight isn't helping unfortunately.

Best of luck to you and great that you have taken the first step at joining Smiley smile

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Leelee ..... and well done on losing 5 stone, that's an amazing achievement. at least you now know how to get it off again and can feel confident that you will do it.

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Dawn, it felt like a huge achievement and now I'm so p'eed off with myself for getting this way again.

We have to plod on though, don't we Smiley sad

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Yes Leelee, we do. I know how easy it is to get angry at yourself too....as hard as it is to lose the weight its so easy to put back on. But you have a great reason to lose it again too and I bet over the next few months it will fly off! Keep me posted and good luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics