Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Your ultimate Sunday Roast...

Rod, 17 of May of 2013 at 15:40 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

Whats your choice of meat/protein veg, accompaniments?

I do lots of roasts, and according to the family im pretty good at it! Buit I think my ultimate favourite might be slow roasted pork shoulder, LOADS of crunchy crackling, roasties, roaste carrots and parsnips and broccoli - oerhaps cauliflower too. of the cheese variety if Im feeling exceptionally naughty! with Loads of homemade cider gravy! yum.

I do like a full on Christmas dinner too but I think that has its own category!

Whats yours?

21 replies

Latest activity by Enjayee, 20 of May of 2013 at 15:58
  • Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh hungry! Mine would be..............

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, some mashed potatoes too mashed sweede, roasted carrots, yorkshire pud, sprouts, stuffing oh and mint sauce of course!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Roast lamb, roasties (cooked in the lamb juices/fat), roast carrots, honeyed leeks, broccoli, new potatoes, green beans and loads of mint sauce!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Beef, yorkies, roast tatties, cauil cheese, honey glazed carrots, green beans and a LOT of gravy.

And pigs in blankets, am I allowed those??

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can't believe I forgot pigs in blankets, I'm ashamed of myself for this oversight! These are definitely allowed!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

A lovely roast chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puds, red cabbage, baby sprouts, mashed turnip, roast parsnips and carrots...and lashings of gravy!

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

Roast lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes, stuffing, peas, carrots, cheesy leeks, roast parsnips, cauliflower cheese, gravy......

I'm so hungry now!!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Rare roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast tatties, veg and plenty of gravy! Accompanied by a lovely glass ( probably bottle) of Rioja.

• Honky
    Beginner October 2013
    Honky ·
    • Hide content

Really really rare beef, my dads, roast potatoes, two yorkies, spinach with cream and nutmeg, green beans, carrots, cheesy broccoli, red wine gravy and super hot horseradish.. All washed down with a huge glass of red wine.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

Roast pork, crackling, roast potatoes, honey roast parsnips and carrots, leeks in cheese sauce, gravy and apple sauce.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I can't decide between pork with crackling or beef!

With yorkies, carrots mashed with parsnips, broccoli, cauli cheese, really crispy roasties then either apple sauce for pork or horseradish for beef.

We hardly ever have a roast, can never be bothered just for the two of us

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

Lamb - 4 hours in the oven with lemons & the roasties cooked in the juices - the meat falls off the bone!

Or chicken or venison.

All with roasties (proper not that Bessie woman's), snips, carrots & broccoli & yorkie puds. Plus stuffing with the chicken.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I cant decide between beef or Lamb (I also love belly of pork but we have that lots as OH does not eat beef or lamb)......Oh or roast gammon.....I think i might have to have a slice of beef, slice of lamb (both medium rare) and a slice of gammon (honey roasted)

Generally as many types of veg as I can fit on my plate

Honey roasted carrots and parsnips.

Cauliflower and broccoli cheese

Stir fried cabbage with crispy bacon and lots of butter.

Green beans

Roasties and creamy mash

Yorkies

lots of gravy and lots of condiments, cranberry, mint sauce, horseradish

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Chicken, roasties, stuffing (NOT sage), yorkie puds, peas, broccoli, carrots, cheesy leeks, gravy. Job done.

and wine. Obvs.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Roasties, yorksshire puds, Parmesan parsnips, honey carrots, cauliflower cheese (maybe throw some broccoli in there too!)bucket of gravy, bottle of red!

Im a veggie so i would be more than happy with that! added bonus would be a yummy nut roast!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Shoulder of pork with crackling, apple sauce, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, Yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets, cheesy leeks, broccoli, carrots, cabbage and bacon and loads of cider gravy!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Erm, I'm really not that keen on roast dinners...

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Roasted leg of lamb, roast potatoes (marinated in soy), mash potato, mashed turnip, honey roasted carrots and roasted parnsips, brocoli, my gravy combined witht the meat juices and juices from the turnip and brocoli, yorkshire puds and lashings of mint sauce and onion sauce.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I'm not that keen on roast dinners either. If we roast meat, I will tend to say, roast a ham or a chicken, the have salads, coleslaw, crusty bread, new potatoes/potato salad etc laid out and help ourselves to it that way.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS. Only without the cauliflower cheese. Beef needs to be medium rare and the 'taters need to be crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics