Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becklarrr
Beginner

Bloody Cat *TMI possibly*

Becklarrr, 15 of May of 2013 at 12:49 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 38

So I arrived home last night to be greeted by my cat, she waits by the front door for me most evenings, I picked her up and gave her a cuddle and walked through my living room and into the kitchen. I always go straight into the kitchen to make sure that there are no dead animals in there as she always brings them in and leaves them by the bin! There weren't any.

I walk back into the living room with the intention of going upstairs to get changed (still holding the cat) and what do I see at the bottom of my stairs. A rabbit. Blood everywhere. Guts everywhere.

Que me chucking the cat in the kitchen after shouting at her. Then am on the phone to my Mum, crying (I think I just panicked) ? I didn't know what to do, my carpet is a light colour so I was worried it was going to stain etc.

Then I had to clear it up. Got my dustpan & brush went to pick up the body & then the head of the rabbit fell off!!! ?

The cat is now locked in the kitchen when we go out.

End of rant.

38 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 15 of May of 2013 at 22:30
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

OH.MY.GOD

I would die, on the spot and then have to go out until my H got home to deal with it!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Your CAT took out a RABBIT?

I wouldn't be angry, I'd be impressed! That takes some doing- rabbits can be damn strong.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I should have said it was a baby rabbit but still a rabbit all the same!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw shucks. Now I'm sad. LOOK INTO ITS TINY EYES AND WEEP!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Huh? Where's the pic?!

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content

I'm with Holey. I would have been out of the door in seconds and wouldn't have gone back until H had been home to clear it up.

But.. I did have to laugh a little bit when you said it's head fell off! That's just awful. Aren't cats so so cruel sometimes.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Oh Em Geeeeeeeee, it's head fell off??

God, that's absolutely terrible ?

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! That is pretty impressive though.

Over the weekend one of my 'darlings' stole a newborn blackbird from it's nest, luckily it didn't make it into the house this time.

I am not sure what to suggest to remove rabbit guts from the carpet...

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did manage to get it up eventually. Loads of cold water and then a whole bottle of carpet shampoo!!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is why I love having wooden and tiled floors! I miss the days when all my cats would bring home were worms and bees!

Just a thought, how on earth did the cat get the rabbit in? Do you have a huge cat flap?

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

When one of our cats was a kitten, I came down stairs in the morning to find that a pigeon has basically exploded in the hallway... Feathers, blood, guys everywhere! Disgusting! God knows how he got it through the cat flap when he was so small, but I think the poor thing had obviously been flapping about like crazy! Bloody cats!

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Ooo yuck! It's not a pleasant sight coming home to see that, one of our tom cats did that years ago, bought home a dead rabbit, surprised he even managed to drag it through the catflap, naughty sod!

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not a clue. Our cat flap is just a standard sized cat flap. I don't know how she got it over the 6ft fence to start with!!!

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This might explain why it was decapitated? Pulled it's head off squeezing through the cat flat? ?

• Agouti
    Beginner September 2013
    Agouti ·
    • Hide content

? well done you for clearing it up! I'm so glad my cat is fat and lazy!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Another reason not to let Joey out. He'd definitely do something like this.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Oh your kitty was just bringing you a present as you are such a terrrible hunter yourself. That's kitty-love for you.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

This is one reason why dogs win in the cats v dogs argument. Sure, mine has killed the odd hedgehog, but it's outside.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Aww poor bunny!!! Was it wild or domestic? My brothers fiancés rabbit has disappeared without a trace, they think a fox got him. At mum nd dads one of the rabbits we had would kick off at cats, the one I have now runs off straight away.

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It looked like a wild one but I will be looking out for posters over the next week or so!

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You dog has killed hedgehogs!? Your lovely little dog in your avatar? ?

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Yup. In her time with us she has killed 2 and injured one who crawled off to die. Honestly, she is the sweetest girl ever unless you are a hedgehog or squeaky toy. Babies and children she has no interest and will literally refuse to acknowlge they are there. Even a pulled tail she just goes off in a huff.

Before we adopted her she was called Princess Tallulah. She looks like it too! Little madam thinks she is centre of the universe. She's never had pups, I reckon she would be the sort of Mum who'd abandon them for a piece of ham or the chance to have a long sleep on the sofa!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Another reason that our two are housecats, I couldn't cope with this!

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Poor little hedgehogs. I had an ex whose Jack Russell killed anything that moved. He rolled hedgehogs over and ate their bellies ? It was awful!

I'm so thankful we have a dog who is a big softie. He 'noses' everything so I think after nosing a hedgehog he would get a prickled nose and run off! The only thing he has killed are spiders but I even think this is accidental as he tries playing with them and then looks all sad and confused when they are all squished and can't run around any more!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Hedgehogs! That's talented! My friend has a Bengal cat that successfully swiped a fish from her neighbours pond. Amazingly it survived and she managed to get it back to the owners ? I wouldn't have believed her if I hadn't seen photographic evidence!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Nightmare! My cat once spat a rat head out at my Mum's feet and she was nearly sick.

Is it bad that l laughed about the rabbits head falling off?!

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was giggling at my desk too. Not because I don't like baby rabbits, just because I could envisage the situation and the look that must have been on Beck's face!

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

Oh thats crap. I used to have to deal with lots of dead mice and would often stand on one in bare feet but your situation is much worse. I am really hoping the cat proofing will prevent the cats from catching the mice as they only have the garden to hunt in...assuming we ever manage to stop Houdini Acrobat Cst from escaping..

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad to hear it is not just me. I do love baby rabbits / rabbits and l am not sadistic!

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's funny now I look back on it. Last night however my face would have been one of pure anger!

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I imagined you getting it on the dustpan and the head just rolling off onto the floor. I think I would have fainted if it would have been me. Major props for actually getting rid of it yourself! You're a braver woman than me.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

Eww. That's why I prefer dogs, I'm afraid. Although, to be fair, Jake isn't totally innocent - he killed a mouse in our garden. I couldn't look at him afterwards Smiley sad But he didn't mangle it, one quick shake and it was goodnight Vienna for the poor creature.

I think I would have left the dead rabbit for H to clear up, I struggle with clearing up dog sick ?

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics