Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kezz_howland
Beginner August 2013

Hair and makeup trial HIBS help?

kezz_howland, 12 of May of 2013 at 22:27 Posted on Planning 0 4

So i went for my hair and makeup trial last weekend and i've been feeling weird about it since! I loved the hair, and when i took pics of my makeup it looked fab, but it felt so thick (evewn though she didn't seem to put much foundation in). Is it just because i'm not used to it?! I normally only wear really thin stuff or none at all! Also on way home i noticed it looked a bit patchy. I'm assuming she will make sure it is 100% perfect on the day? Should i look at it as more playing around than her trying to perfect it at a trial, or is that not normal? Also she kinda put a bit of powder in my eyebrows and i like them more defined with a pencil. But that's probably my fault as I didn't say anything!! My eye makeup looked fab but i smile a lot and have eye creases and even with her channel makeup etc it still ended up with a line in the crease under my eye... i thought expensive makeup would stay put better? I honestly don't know anything about expensive makeup or full makeup as i've never bought it and never been made up before. Hoping someone can help!

4 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 13 of May of 2013 at 23:48
  • Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kez, foundation is the most important thing to get right and you should be completely happy with your look after a trial. If the foundation is patchy it could be for many reasons. It might be that your skin is a bit dry in which case you need to start exfoliating and making sure to use the right moisturiser, things you should have been advised on at the trial. It could also be that your skin was not prepped properly with primers etc or the wrong foundation for your skin type was used. Do you know which foundation it was?

Eyeshadow shouldn't crease even if you have eyelids with deep folds or are prone to creasing. Was an eyeshadow primer used? Something like Benefit 'stay don't stray' is excellent.

Your eyebrows are easily changed and you can perhaps just mention that on the day but it's important to get the foundation right, otherwise the rest of it won't look perfect. If I were you I would raise your concerns with your MUA and perhaps have another trial.

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I totally echo what Rochelle said - a trial isn't just a chance to play aroud - the makeup should have been as perfect as it will be on the wedding day.

It's best you give your feedback to the mua and see what she says.

Juliet x

• kezz_howland
    Beginner August 2013
    kezz_howland ·
    • Hide content

So i emailed her, and voiced my concerns, and her reply didn't make me feel anymore confident so in the end i decided i would rather do it myself. I don't think she was too chuffed as she is primarily a makeup artist, not a hair dresser, but she has agreed to come and do the hair anyway as i liked the hair. So now i'm in search of some decent makeup for it! Can anyone recommend something very good but not ridiculously expensive? I was thinking about mac? I have fairly fair skin and freckles. It's mostly my skin i'm worried about as i want it to look flawless for the pictures but not make me look pastey! Shall i go into a place with makeup counters and get them to do my makeup and show me what will work? Some of them look so orange i don't want to be a pumpkin!! lol

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry you didn't get a good response from your mua. If you're going to do your own makeup judging from your description of your skin I would recommend Dior Forever foundation in 010 or 020 buffed in with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush. This will give you flawless skin but it will look very natural. It's also sweatproof and oil free so it won't budge all day. Juliet x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics