Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ChannyPink
Beginner September 2014

My Personal Invite Attempt- opinions please?

ChannyPink, 30 of April of 2013 at 21:14 Posted on Planning 0 26

AS my budget is very little decided to have a go atmy own invitation, It is just bookmark shaped card, hole punched and tied with a ribbon, could add as many pages as required but 4 pages means on piece of card for printer,

Theme is kind of vintage shabby chic with a carnival/seaside twist, lol makes sense to me,

Any suggestions for improvments or opinions??

26 replies

Latest activity by GloriousVintageDesign, 4 of May of 2013 at 21:35
  • Piestar
    Beginner April 2014
    Piestar ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE THEM Smiley heart

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Wow! These look amazing!! Love the idea too - might steal it :-)

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

I really like them - such an original idea.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

They're fab hun, well done! x

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    Mary C to be K ·
    • Hide content

They look great, I think you've done a super job!

• ChannyPink
    Beginner September 2014
    ChannyPink ·
    • Hide content

Feel Free Smiley smile

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Excellent work !!! I used that bunting too . Lovely x

• ChannyPink
    Beginner September 2014
    ChannyPink ·
    • Hide content

They were so easy, going to cost next to nothing, they give a hint of wedding theme, have all information on, thinking cant really improve but may stick little diamonds or something on?

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

They are really lovely, what a great idea! I also made my own - you can really end up spending a lot on things like this and doing it youself makes it so much more personal.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

These are so lovely!! I am wishing I used an image of bunting for our save the dates, instead I stuck each individual flag on for 60 save the dates!! haha

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Super cute!!

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

They look great, well done!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Really lovely :-)

Is that the bunting from wweddingchicks?

• mandunc14
    Beginner July 2014
    mandunc14 ·
    • Hide content

I like them as is. To be honest, I prefer anything thats unique and homemade over overly elegant invites (no disrespect to brides who have more elegant styles). Our invite itself is a tad more towards the elegant side but we are toning that down (I hope!) but more easy going fonts, and wording

Either way...Job very well done!

• Jojopug
    Beginner October 2014
    Jojopug ·
    • Hide content

I agree, they look fab and better than some i have seen on offer out there! I've always been a fan of DIY-ing especially with the invites, well done you!

• G
    GloriousVintageDesign ·
    • Hide content

These are really great, what programme are you using? I think it is really nice to have personalised invites rather than buying off the shelf. If you wanted to make them a little more modern you could always move away from the centred text. (One of the things that stuck with me from my graphic design tutor) however this is the more traditional formatting. Also you can download some really cool vintage/carnival style fonts for free from websites like Dafont. You can use them for personal use no problem, it mite just tip your invites from looking fab to amazing.

Hope this helps

TTFN

GVD

Glorious Vintage Design

• ChannyPink
    Beginner September 2014
    ChannyPink ·
    • Hide content

Oh I'm so happy that I got good response, I was doubting my crafty ability and as on low budjet was really hoping to do a lot myself, so I'm so glad people like them, lets hope my guests do Smiley smile

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

You say about adding diamond thingys - you could always use glitter nail varnish to add abit of sparkle to the bunting or shimmery eyeshadow and fix it with hairspray. The hairspray won't ruin the paper it just fixes the eyeshadow so it doesn't smudge everywhere.

Personally I don't think they need it - they're beautiful! ? Well done!

• ChannyPink
    Beginner September 2014
    ChannyPink ·
    • Hide content

I just did them on word, what would you suggest doing with the text having it aligned left?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

They look brillaint!

I wish I was this creative. I can't even begin to describe the mess that my guests would receive in the post if I attempted anything like this.

• TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

They look great, I wouldn't change anything on them.

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

These are fab! So cute. I want to do something similar myself (only got engaged this week - can you tell I'm keen??!), a designer friend will hopefully design the front but the rest I can do myself. How did you print them, was it straight on to the card? Or is it on paper which you stuck on to the card?

• ChannyPink
    Beginner September 2014
    ChannyPink ·
    • Hide content

I did them straignt onto good quality card, I used a pink boarder to make the edge Smiley smile

• G
    GloriousVintageDesign ·
    • Hide content

You could try jutified text this link will tell you how to do it in word. https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/HA001055111?CorrelationId=6f5dee80-9724-495e-962d-4be901cde2fc

you may need to play around a bit more with justified text but if you get it right looks fab. Easy option is to alin to left but maybe play around with the white space around the text. Give it space to breath you dont always need to fill the whole page have it starting a 3rd down the page. Just keep playing - thats the fun with design.

It is really difficult doing anything to crazy with your text in word, I am really impressed you managed what you have. Word is really not easy to make anything look creative. Playing with colour, bold etc also keeps it intresting - which I see you have done Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics