Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2013

Moss Brothers

elle2006, 6 of March of 2013 at 20:01 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi All,

Can anyone who has used or using let me know about their Moss Brothers Suit hire experince, my H2B chose them and booked it but told me about the appauling service he had in the shop but put the deposit down anyway as he really liked the suit. I have complained to them and it took 2 months to get a response, they said to restore faith (as we was going to cancel) that they would send us a £50 voucher but that was also about 4 weeks ago and nothing. I am really worried as I have seen really bad reviews for when the suits come aswel. Just wondered if anyone else had used them and could give me feedback good or bad xx

12 replies

Latest activity by Kylie541, 7 of March of 2013 at 19:28
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

We have been in 2 different stores now, first was last year, we just popped in for a brochure to get prices and the guy there was really helpful, went through the different package options, colours etc. Last week we went to our local store as OH wanted to try on the different styles of jackets while I was there, We didn't mention we had already looked into their packages but neither of the 2 sales guys were a great deal of help really , just pointed us in the direction of the jackets and gave my OH a brochure and left us to it.

I wasn't that bothered as I think we will now be getting the suits from here -

http://www.formallyyours.co.uk/

We will need to get another waistcoat made for OH as they don't have one in the right colour but still as saving in comparison to moss bros.

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

We are going on Saturday to one of the Southampton branches.
    We are quite restricted on suit hire companies we can use as we need one that has branches in Southampton and in Lancashire

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Where are you based Elle?

• E
    Beginner June 2013
    elle2006 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone thanks for your reply, we are in the notthingham area. The moss brothers he went to was at the Mcarthur Glen outlet (not East mids outlet). I do have doubts with them but we have had to pay 50% deposit and cant afford to sacrife that :-(

I am going to contact them again tomorrow i think about this gesture of good will to see if they sort it as we need to add another suit on aswel now but this time I said Im going in with him lol x

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Oh Thats a shame I went to a place in Essex the other day the customer service was exceptional amd the choice was brilliant, sorry I can't offer any help then.

• F
    Beginner April 2013
    FutureMrsWilliams ·
    • Hide content

I will be using them but I do have the advantage of my future H being a manager at one of their stores! Great staff discount Smiley smile

He works in Bracknell and their customers always seem to be really pleased with the service. I am of course completely bias as he is my fiancé but I think he is rather lovely and very good at his job Smiley smile . He has sorted out all of our friends weddings and just their suits in general and no complaints so far. I think it really does depend on the particular store and their staff - always worth complaining to head office if you have trouble though as they seem to always give money off or back even if the customers complaint has no justification!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

We used the Leeds branch and got exceptional service. Do try on the shirts though as they do come up extremely small on the neck size! My hubby is a 15" collar normally and he had to have a 17.5" which meant it was massive on the chest but at least it was covered with the waistcoat and he could fasten the collar for the cravat.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We used Moss Bros as we had men all over the country - using a national chain meant they could all go to their local outlet.

A few days before, when we could compare what they'd all picked up, it turned out the cravats/handkerchiefs were random colours (each shop having a different idea of what was ivory/champagne/gold), we wanted to swap a cravat for a tie and that a waistcoat needed to be exchanged for a bigger size. King Street Moss Bros (Manchester) were ace - they had bits and pieces being delivered from all over the country, so that they could fulfil our order. They were on the phone to me twice a day to update on where stuff was, to reassure me that it would all be fine. Which it was.

I can't credit them enough, both for correcting their mistake with different shops using different colours but also the changes we wanted made in a rush (tie for cravat, different waistcoat).

• J
    Beginner March 2013
    JoeyB44 ·
    • Hide content

We've been decidedly unimpressed with them.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I have only heard bad things about them tbh- was one of many reasons for not using them for us.

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

We used the Leeds branch and we had no problems at all, and they even waived the £200 'hold' they are supposed to put on your card incase of any damages or loss.

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

We had appalling service! Leeds, Plymouth and camberley. Suits sent to wrong stores, wrong trousers, wrong sizes!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics