Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2013

Devon Weddings

Millie234, 6 of March of 2013 at 10:44 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone, this is my first post although have been enjoying reading everyone's for a while and have picked up some great tips!

I'm getting married on 19th October 2013 in Devon, ceremony at Marldon Church and reception at the Berry Head Hotel in Brixham. So far have booked a photographer and a car and that's about it! Am planning to do my own flowers and cake and will be doing as much DIY decorating as possible.

I just wondered where all the other Devon brides are getting married, what your plans are etc?

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Monkey, 8 of March of 2013 at 08:46
  • Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am a Devon Bride, based in Sidmouth. We are having the ceremony at the Sidmouth Parish Church, then the reception and evening at Cranberries Hideaway in Kilmington (about 20mins away) which is a converted barn. We plan to do all DIY decorating too. Where is your car from and what is it? My OH is desperate for a vintage Aston Martin and so far I haven't found one!

Good luck with your planning x

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married on 7th September 2013, having the ceremony and the reception at The Oak Barn near Okehampton.

So far I have booked venue & registrar, sorted caterers, booked photographer, ordered my dress & have the bridesmaids dresses. I am in the process of making miles and miles of bunting, whilst OH is making log candle holders.

Seems like we still have so much to do and so little time! Only 6 months to go!

• M
    Beginner October 2013
    Millie234 ·
    • Hide content

I got my car from Perrings of Totnes and Plymouth and I'm having the 1934 Austin Chalfont, they don't have an Aston Martin though am afraid.

• Mrs.T.Talbot2b
    Beginner June 2014
    Mrs.T.Talbot2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi Millie I live in paignton but from Dartmouth getting married next June at st petrox church in Dartmouth then at the impertial hotel, iv got everything booked just need to save up to pay for it.

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Boringdon Hall in Plympton a couple of weeks ago.

I also you to live in Marldon!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Not a Devon bride but your venue looks lovely!!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on 19th July. I live near Exeter but I'm going to Kingswear and we're riding the steam train to Churston Station. We get married there, then ride the steam train back. Then we board a boat and have a reception whilst 'cruising' up the river Smiley smile

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

DM-2-B, I am envious of your wedding, the train and boat were my favourite part of my Dad's wedding Smiley smile

Where is everyone going on honeymoon?!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley smile I'm just hoping I don't get travel sick!!

No honeymoon for us - I am only a temp at work right now, so won't earn enough time off! I'm sure we'll find a time to go somewhere (only in the UK though)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics