Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoomo13
Beginner August 2015

talk to me about blackberry (phones)

Zoomo13, 27 of February of 2013 at 12:19 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 20

Afternoon all

its that time again when i need to sort out my phone contract. the one phone that keeps coming up is the blackberry curves. are blackberrys as good as they seem.

when you talk to someone using bbm is this part of your text allowance or internet allowance.

as you can probably tell im not clued up when it comes to phones ?. as long as i can talk,text, surf, tkae photos and listen to music thats all i really want.

do any of you have a blackberry and do you like it, dislike it, is it easy to use.

tia x x x x

20 replies

Latest activity by FaeBelle13, 28 of February of 2013 at 09:48
  • Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I have a blackberry for my work phone. the thing that annoys me is the buttons are too small for my chubby fingers! but I think the new models are all touch screen now?!?

not much help im afraid as I dont use it offten but when I do it is pretty easy to use and does its job!

Im a Nokia girl with my phone though! I know how they work and where everying is! Like you I just want to text, call, take pics!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I had a blackberry storm and it was the worst phone I have ever owned, I think blackeberry are really behind the pack these days in terms of smart phones.

Another Iphone fan here!

• samjh87
    Beginner October 2012
    samjh87 ·
    • Hide content

I also dislike blackberrys. I've had Iphones and currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Like both of these but the internet connection did seem better on my IPhones when using 3G.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

I have a blackberry curve and use it mainly for phone calls, texts and very rarely piccies. I don't so any of the rest with it because I have no need. It's alright, does what I need it to do. I have an unlimited text allowance and pretty massive download (which I don't use!). AFAIK BBM is entirely free! Although I don't use that either!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Get an iPhone.

Blackberry have themselves admitted that they lost track of the market.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I have a Blackberry Bold, which I think is very similar to the curve in size. I like it, I went from an iPhone to the blackberry as I started to get really annoyed with the touch screen. BBM is the best bit as I can speak to my H when he has been travelling abroad and it doesn't cost any money! I'm not sure if it comes out of your data allowance, but it doesn't come out of your text allowance. I have had it for nearly two years and use it mostly for texting, web, facebook and BBM and I have never gone over my allowance. You can also get What'sapp on there which has been good for me to talk to my iPhone using friends up North ?

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

I have a blackberry curve and I really like it. But I hate touch screen phones and cannot get on with them.

I think the BBM and things like whatsapp are free so long as you have free wifi or are included in your download package. When you are abroad you will pay extra for all downloads. But if you find somewhere with free wi-fi then you can use those kind of messages for free.

The only problem is that using the internet can be really slow and you have to keep enlarging the screen each time to be able to read web pages so I don't really use it. I have the facebook app and that works fine.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I was adament I didnt want an iphone so got a Blackberry a couple of years ago, it was useable. Picture quality was rubbish though.

I now have an iphone and would NEVER look back!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Unless you are going to get the brand new Z10... DON'T DO IT!!

And that comes from a blackberry addict.. I have 2! 1 crashed totally on me this morning.. I was not impressed.

I'm due an upgrade soon and thinking of going for a samsung.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry l am another Apple person say go for an iPhone!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Blackberrys are sh*t unless you are 12 and can't afford text and need bbm. They don't really do anything. The marketplace is pants, the apps are rubbish. I would advise an android phone like a samsung galaxy or a HTC.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I have a blackberry and have previously had an iphone but got bored of it since having one for god knows how long.

My Blackberry Bold 9900 turns itself off, freezes and won't unlock for ages and occasionally the battery completely drains from full to dead in the space of 2 hours. I've just bought a spare battery and have it plugged in at work all the time otherwise when I go to meetings it'll die before I get back to the office! I've had it about 6 months, it's done it almost from the get-go but is a design fault that is known to Blackberry so when you get one and sign the contract you sign that you're aware of this. When I signed I didn't realise how bad it'd be and just thought about how much cheaper the contract would be compared to iphone.

Now I've had a break from my iphone I am seriously considering putting my sim in my old iphone and using it for another year till I can upgrade again. Shame though as I do like the BB messaging as I prefer it to whatsapp and text messages.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I have a blackberry curve and its absouloutely shiiiite! my friend also has a blackberry and its been going back and forwards to Vodafone to be repaired and they have given her a brand new blackberry cos the other was un-repairable, mine freezes, got really crappy apps, and I just generally hate it, if I could afford the iphone tariff then I would take that ..

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

MrMini had a blackberry and hated it.

iphone all the way.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I've got a Blackberry curve for work and I absolutely hate it. Can't believe people would use this as their personal phone. I don't have fat fingers but typing on it is near impossible and the functionality is so limited.

Another vote for iPhone which is what I have for myself.

If you don't want an iPhone then look at Samsung and HTC.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly WSS.

I have an iPhone, OH has a HTC, and I love both.

Also love the new Samsung Galaxy S3, although it is quite big.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Both my boys have blackberries.

They have had nothing but trouble with them. Both have been in for repair as the track pad kept sticking. Battery life is pants and now one of them keeps switching it's self off. The other one has to be kept on charge just to receive txt and voice mail as he cant make or answers calls. They are both counting the days until their contracts end.

• Lindsay31513
    Beginner May 2013
    Lindsay31513 ·
    • Hide content

I've gone from iPhone to blackberry curve to blackberry bold and I have a few months left on my contract and can not wait to get my upgrade because they don't last, they are utter shite. Mine loses battery within a few hours, turns itself off whenever it feels like it, runs slowly. I'm going back to iPhone. Xx

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I have the blackberry torch touch and I love it at first. Now I want to throw it across the room at least a million times a day. The format is easier to use than iPhone, but the software is f$%^ed and it constantly freezes/resets itself.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I have a blackberry bold 9790 and I love it, it has buttons and touch screen and does everything I need it for.

I've never had any problems with mine, but OH has the 9900 and has had nothing but trouble with his, I've not heard particularly good things about the curve either.

BBM is much better that watsapp and texting, but obviously only works with other blackberrys.

It doesn't do all the fancy things iPhones do, but I just cant stand texting on a touch screen. I think it depends what you use your phone for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics