Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

What shall we do in Paris?

Chedi, 11 of February of 2013 at 20:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

My hen weekend is this weekend and we're off to Paris. We'll arrive about 4pm Saturday, and the flight back is about 6.30pm Monday - so we've got Saturday night and all day Sunday, and day time Monday to find things to do! Its just 4 of us going and the hotel has a pool and sauna and jacuzi, we're also all in one room and it has a little kitchenette too, so we can spend time together in the warmth and cosy - but really, we'd like to be out and about...so this is where I'm hoping for some ideas ? ...it really is weather depending, as we dont want to get tooo wet if its raining so indoor things are good, but so is keeping it cheap for all of us.

Any suggestions for place to go, eat, or best places for window shopping? Even if they seem obvious, it'd be great to hear them!

12 replies

Latest activity by Carlos, 20 of October of 2021 at 20:43
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I have only been once when I was about 12 on a school trip, so about as removed from a hen party as you can get!

Are you interested in Art?

You have to eat as much pastry as you can whilst you are there, it was A.MAZING!

• zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hope you don't mind me chipping in Chedi, but Paris is my absolute favourite place in the world - I went last March with my best friend for a girls' weekend away!

We went to a couple of clubs - they're super expensive though so we were drinking lots of cheap fizz before hand, rather than pay 9E for a bottle of beer...We went to one club just by the Arc De Triomphe - the name escapes me, but it's like some stairs going down under the pavement with a canopy over it. It was 20E to get in, but we said it was my birthday and they let us in for free and gave us some free champers!

We also went to Le Social Club, which was free to get into and had really good music, we stayed there til like 5am!

You should definitely seek out Laduree and enjoy some girly afternoon tea with macarons too! And we also went to Montmarte as the sun started to set - if you go up to the Sacre Coure (again, we loaded up on bubbly to take with us...) you can sit on the steps and watch the sun set over the Paris skyline! There's a lot of cheap restaurants in that area too.

There was also a Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton exhibition on whilst we were there, that was lovely. It's worth digging around on google to see if anything special or interesting to you is going on whilst you're there.

We made an honorary visit to Louboutin world to sigh over the shoes. Lots of lovely shops on the Champs Elysees too! I'm trying to think of anything else we did - obviously the Eiffel tower is amazing to go up (especially at night), and there's some great vintage markets too if that's your kind of thing (google is a great friend here).

I hope that helps a bit - sorry for waffling on. I love Paris, I'm so envious of you right now!

Zoe x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I went to Paris for my hen and have been loads before then. My gay friends took me so we mainly hung out in gay friendly places such as The eagle Bar, Club tropic. We went in Feb and it was freezing, and I was mainly in jumpers and Uggs. Most people in Paris don't really get dressed up for nights out from what I've seen.

If it's dry go and have cake at the top of Les Galleries Lafayette after a good old shopping session, you get a spectacular view without queues! Sacre Couer and Montmatre are must-dos. Have a walk down the Champs Elysee and look in the amazing designer shops. At the end, go under the subway and up to the top of the Arc D'Triomphe. Unless you are a fan of queuing and climbing, avoid the Eiffel Tower, but do go to the Trocadero and watch it light up on the hour at night. If you get homesick head to the Frog and Rosbif for some Brit/Aussie banter. There's so many art galleries, the Louvre being the obvious. Avoid the bus tours, but go for a boat trip down the Seine. See the Tulleries gardens and the Petite palace, Les Invalides gardens are beautiful and inside it is all military history stuff. Stop for a hot chocolate on a pavement cafe, even in the rain! Oh and make sure you have a little metro map.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

My friend is working in a bar there until 23rd Feb. The bar is called Compagnie Des Vins Sur Naturels. The guy in question a French guy who knows his wine and he has said the wine there is absolutely AMAZING. There are some bottles that go for €3000+ (?) but they also sell by the glass starting at €6 or €7. https://www.yelp.com/biz/compagnie-des-vins-surnaturels-paris

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

There's a lovely diner opposite the Moulin Rouge if you want to try out garlic snails, mmmm.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went there! It was lovely.

Travel as much as you can using Le Metro, it's fab. Also, Notre Dame is pretty special and there is a lovely cafe across the river, overlooking it that do lovely lunches.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Hire a Velib and cycle the city centre! It's dirt cheap and a fantastic way to see the sights. Obviously very weather dependent though.

The view from the Sacre Couer is possibly the best in the city and you should definitely head down the steps into Abbesses. Some nice shops and cafes there.

Enjoy!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, I was there 2 weekends ago!

You've already been given some fab advice. If you want to go shopping I'd reccomend you going to the big shop that's almost like our Harrodds, it's called galleries lafayette. They had massive sales there when I went and had lots of designer goodies for a very low price. I've never seen so many really cheap marc jacobs handbags! My OH said no to buying one coz still have lots to pay for for our wedding but it was still nice to look!

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

I've just spent the evening jotting these down and looking them up on my maps ?

I'm getting excited!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

We went to Paris a couple of years ago too and I'm trying to remember what we did. I agree about going up the Arc de Triompe as opposed to the Eiffel Tower as it's far less crowded and still a wow view.

Have a drink on a pavement cafe on the Champ Elysees (cha ching but worth it).

We didn't do anything during the night as we were with our kids but there's some great ideas on this thread, I think I need to go back, just OH and me!!

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

I once read that the difference between a French girl and an English girl is this: when a french girl is hungry, she just ignores it until lunch or dinner. When an English girl is hungry she eats a mars bar.

ha my poor husband. My hubby's grandma still lives in Paris so I travel there lots and just wonder around the streets and stop for coffee and cake. Biercy village is quite nice as well.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

One big tip I forgot to add... wrap up warm! It was flipping freezing when we went just over a week ago. Hat, scarf, gloves & I was still cold at times.

If you did decide you wanted to go to the eiffel tower I'd book beforehand, we did and you walk straight to the front of the queue and basically straight up the tower. It wasn't busy at all up there but I think this is due to the time of year & they regulate the amount of people up there. I also went up at night which may be quieter.

Just take your time, relax and enjoy your weekend, it's a fantastic place to people watch!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics