Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

soon2bmrsRB
Beginner May 2013

walking down the aisle songs???

soon2bmrsRB, 20 of January of 2013 at 22:57 Posted on Planning 0 23

Im sure this has been done a million times but im really stuck on this so thought id ask what you guys are having? x

for signing the register we're having all you need is love by the beatles.

23 replies

Latest activity by Mrs*M, 22 of January of 2013 at 12:12
  • Daisymclazy
    Beginner July 2012
    Daisymclazy ·
    • Hide content

For walking down the aisle I had Glasgow Love Theme from the film Love Actually. Walking back up the aisle with hubby was Friday I'm in Love by The Cure.

You will need more than one song for signing the register - it takes a while! I would pick 3 just to be safe and have your favourites for the first two.

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

We are planning on having an instrumental version of Coldplay's 'In my place'

Whilst signing the register we are also having 'All you need is love' and Elbow 'A day like this'

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I actually don't know what we're having yet. Walking down the aisle is the hardest as we don't really have a 'song' and neither of us like slushy, slow songs. Plus, if it's something slow and soppy I'll probably start blubbing (and so will my dad) and my fiance will have to marry a dribbling, mascara-smudged wreck.

Instrumental versions of popular songs are a really cool option; the Vitamin string quartet do string versions of rock / indie classics, and there are similar piano tributes too. I'm thinking of having a string version of 'Release' by Pearl Jam. But I also like 'Getting Better' by Shed Seven, or 'There is a light that never goes out' by the Smiths, or 'Just Like Heaven' by the Cure.....SO MANY CHOICES!

If you don't have any particular songs with particular sentimental value, try and think of something which sums up your personality or the 'mood' of the day. A friend of mine had the theme from Black Beauty as she came down the aisle; not a dry eye in the house....with laughter! But it was perfect for her.

For the register signing we're having 'Carry on my wayward son' by Kansas...

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

We are having The Farm - Thomas Newton (from Road to Perdition). We have a version with a lot of piano and violins

I would have liked Peter Pan - Fairy Dance, but me and HTB weren't agreeing so we kept looking and he suggested The Farm which is perfect Smiley smile

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I had Sigur Ros' Staraflur.

H is a HUGE Sigur Ros fan I I think that song is beautiful and perfect entracnce music!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I need to decide ASAP what I'm walking down the aisle to. OH knows my short list and wants me to choose. I think it will probably be Elbow One Day Like This as I know he loves it.

For the guests arriving we're having Your Song and At Last by Etta James.

For signing the register we're having Jason Mraz I'm Yours and Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars. We're walking out to The Beatles Love Me Do as it's nice and upbeat Smiley smile

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

We had 'You are so Beautiful' by Joe Cocker. My H suggested it (which is very unlike him!) and it is a beautiful song

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

I really don't no what to have my h2b suggested we have a favourite song of my nans who has passed and it will be the anniversary of her death on my wedding day or will this be too morbid?

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a lovely idea, just make sure you have plenty of tissues

My HTB's Gran can't be there so we will be interoperating some of her old vintage costume jewellery and buttons into the centrepieces

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

Ah that's lovely I'm also have her favourite flowers in the bouquets. X

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good thing to know - thank you!

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE this!

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    Hollysmith123 ·
    • Hide content

We are also going to feature Elbow in our wedding but I will walk dow the aisle to 'Kissing you' by Deseree as my H2B proposed to me whilst this song was playing. Good luck!

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

We're having Dancing in the Moonlight by Thin Lizzy! I cant wait! We're having that Beatles song too for our register signing along with Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love as well. I dont think one song is enough as ours recommended 5-7mins worth of music.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I'm really stuck on this too! I think I'm going to copy all the ideas off this thread & look them up!

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids will be walking down to -

• Angels Watching - The O'Neil Brothers

While we are signing the register the choices are -

• Clair De Lune - Debussy
    • Bellas Lullaby (Piano Version)
    • Butterfly Waltz - Brian Crain

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

A quick tip: either go for something where the lyrics start quite soon into the song or get someone to fade it in just before the lyrics start so you get the good bits whilst you're walking. Obviously, you'll have practice, but your walk down the ailse will be quicker than you think, so make sure everyone gets to hear all the imporant lyrics ?

• Sara.Head
    Beginner June 2014
    Sara.Head ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking to have the first ten seconds of a song repeated as its a beautiful piece of music Smiley smile

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thanks good tip!!

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

The song I walked down the aisle to was easy, finding the rest was zoo hard!

Aisle music - Through the Kaleidoscope by Steven Cravis

Register Signing - The Old 97s , Question. Frank Sinatra - Love and Marriage. and TheWedding Singer- Grow Old with You

Love them all!!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a VERY good tip! All the songs I originally wanted had kick-ass intros but take a while to get started; originally I wanted the Top Gun theme but it's AAAAGES until it gets to the good bit! Likewise with Love Spreads by the Stone Roses. It's a reg office so we'll get about 45 secs of walking time, tops. Decided to plump for 'Head Over Heels' by Tears for Fears...good intro and kicks into the song pretty quickly.

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what we are going to do, we have the 2 singers of our band doing an acoustic set during the ceremony and drinks receptions, I either need to walk extremely slow or have part a song? It's stressing me out!

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

Or you start walking in halfway through the song at a more energetic part etc.

This is what I am doing

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I could do that, I was thinking of having the bridesmaids walk down first and me come in when they are at the bottom. I'll need to have a wee think

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics