Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Beginner January 2012

More unpopular opnions

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 14 of January of 2013 at 10:50 Posted on Off Topic Posts 1 441

People who leave the tap running while brushing their teeth are selfish.

People who are fit/unencumbered but who stay still on an escalator are lazy (allowing for "unseen" incapacity, of course, but surely not all fifty people on an escalator have a sprained ankle).

People who stand still and on the wrong side of an escalator are annoying.

441 replies

Latest activity by Connaghsmum, 18 of January of 2013 at 19:34
  • cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

People who make you walk or bump past you on escalators. Escalators are terrifying and the only option is to stand frozen to the spot clinging to the hand rail for dear life.

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

People who dont say thank you or please

people who dont say bye on the phone and just put the phone down

people who play music loudly on the bus - EARPHONES were invited for a reasons o use them

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

As long as she's standing on the correct side to allow me to pass, I'll leave her be Smiley winking

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say leaving the tap running is selfish per say, but it does annoy me, as it's wasting water.

People who wear clothes once and then put it in the wash - unless you're a really smelly person or you've spilled something down yourself to make your clothes dirty, you can get more than one wear out of something. Save yourself the cost of washing powder, softener & water and wear it twice (apart from the obvious exceptions)

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

People who are always late and text you 5 mins before to tell you they'll be another half hour ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Footlong!

Also pregnant women who treat their pregnancy like a disability and therefore think they are entitled to special treatment for 9 months, yes I can appreciate it being uncomfortable at the 9 months mark. But seriously why should I feel obliged to give up my seat for a 2 month gone preggo I mean my gut is probably bigger and i've had to carry it around all day too! man up!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? I love you funky one!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

People who let their dogs jump all over you and slaver and look generally scary and then say "oooh he'S just being friendly".

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Beef Wellington - why ruin a perfectly good piece of meat with mushrooms and the vileness that is pate??

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

People that read when they walk, holding others up. Either extremely selfish or completely devoid of self awareness. Either way, it does my nut in.

People that interrupt others' sentences because one part of the sentence reminded them of something, thus taking the conversation off on a tangent. It's irritating. Let me finish first and then you can take the floor. It's basic etiquette.

My trivial gripe is people pronouncing 'mischievous' as a four syllable word. It really shouldn't bug me but it does.

• Alice_In_Wonderland
    Beginner March 2013
    Alice_In_Wonderland ·
    • Hide content

People with kids in buggies that use them as battering rams/defence shields, and block entire aisles with them & look at you daggers if you should dare to challenge their existence ?

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

Oh, how could I forget this one: intelligent women that act like dizzy girls that don't know left from right in order to attract a man. It's painful to watch somebody lose so much self respect within five minutes ☹️

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Screaming children on public transport/in restaurants etc. babies crying is fine but when they get to the age that thy know better and are just throwing a tantrum it's not on. Also children running around restaurants.

Children who get loads of chocolates as treats (especially when combined with the screaming) or when they are being naughty, they get a sweet. I was in tesco last week and this little girl (maybe 4/5) had £1 to buy a sweetie. She picked one of those bar and a half things. Mum suggested getting the massive bar of galaxy as it was only £1 and "that'll last you all night".

People who talk about nothing but their children. I love children and would quite happily talk about them but it doesn't need to be every conversation. No matter what the conversation is at work I have one colleague who will somehow turn it into how amazing her daughter is. This includes on Facebook - name 'childsmummy' second name.

There are probably more but these are the ones that have annoyed me this week!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

The game is: you express an opinion that you hold, that is likely to be unpopular with other posters, not just rant about stuff that's common sense. It should be intentionally but lightly provocative.

So:

Adults who read teenage vampire fiction need to grow up.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And, on this note, Robert Pattinson is NOT hot. He's just not.

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

People who get trapped returning form holy island because they drove over the causeway when the signs clearly say not to should be left to die, its natural selection there are safe crossing times for a reason. I'm happy for the coastguard to rescue any unfortunate pets/children they drove out to their death with them.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Footlong I think some people miss the point. It happened on your last thread.

My unpopular opinions are:

I don't think you should be able to have babies if you won't give up smoking

You shouldn't get benefits if you've not contributed

Prisoners should be made to work for their keep

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How do you stop them?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I intended the "unpopular" part to be the bit where I called such people "lazy".

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, I don't know.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Parents taking their kids into London during school holidays should either

A - not travel during peak rush hour

B - make their children stand or sit in laps so commuters who pay rip off fares year round can stand!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Put some sort of inhalable contraceptive in the fags.

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

Alcohol and cigarettes should be made illegal drugs. Marijuana should be made legal.

It should be harder to get into university. You have to prove that you enjoy learning.

It should be more difficult to get married.

There should be no grades for GCSE - pass or fail only. Then A-levels can be graded.

Anyone that says their dog is only being friendly should have the dog forceably removed from them - this is mainly aimed at my father who can't hear his dog growling at people but it should be blanket. People should be forced to take their dog to puppy training or have it removed from them... Dad.

People that give you dirty looks when your child is crying should have their eyes poked.

Everyone should learn a trade.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Here's an unpopular opinion that H and I were discussing the other day: I don't really have much sympathy for people who commute to London and complain about the cost of train fares. The reason you commute is so you can earn London wages without paying London living expenses, as someone who does have to pay London living expenses I can't really feel sorry for you.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You evil genius you

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Mine would be:

Despite what Gok tells us, pencil skirts do not look good on everyone, they can just make your @rse look huge

Secondly loads of cleavage is not sexy

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

You shouldnt be allowed to have full blown conversations on your phone on the train. If you do there should be a fine.

A quick 'hello, i'll be there in 5' or 'I'm held up, will be late' is fine. But not a full on rant about how your boss at work is pregnant and acting like a b*tch and how your friend is having issues with her boyfriend who is a hooligan. No-one else wants to know, you dont know who is listening and its ANNOYING.

I second the opinion that children up to a certain age/size should be on lap on trains when they're very busy.

And that people who only talk about their kids are boring. Sorry, but you are.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Agree with all of rod's!

I have so many commuting ones though! And I don't mind paying for travel but would rather it be as stress free as possible. I.e without most of my fellow commuters!

People who lick their finger to turn the pages of a book or paper should have their fingers cut off!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Agree with all of rod's!

I have so many commuting ones though! And I don't mind paying for travel but would rather it be as stress free as possible. I.e without most of my fellow commuters!

People who lick their finger to turn the pages of a book or paper should have their fingers cut off!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I have to admit to agreeing with most of these. If you want to give an unpopular opinion you'll have to be more controversial!! **i'm trying to think of an unpopular opinion I might have but to me they're all reasonable and probably not unpopular!**

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I should legally be allowed to exclude any job candidate who makes more than a single spelling mistake on their application.

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics