Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs P 2 B
Beginner January 2012

30th birthday present

Mrs P 2 B, 24 of September of 2012 at 13:26 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

Hey Ladies

If your unfortunate to be old enough what did you get for your 30th??? My best mate is 30 next month and need some ideas. anything a bit different?

10 replies

Latest activity by AmnesiaCustard, 25 of September of 2012 at 10:07
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Why is being 30 (or, shock horror, older than 30) unfortunate?

What sort of things do you like? What's the budget? I'm going to buy myself a watch and I think my husband is buying me a cocktail ring.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I had a week long trip to Marrakesh, a Massage, £50 garden centre voucher, New dress, shoes, and handbag.

Agree with Cricks, not sure it is unfortunate to be 30 or older.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

My daughter (yes that's right...daughter) will be 30 next week (and how old does that make me???) and I have bought her a decent handbag - with some money in it too, of course.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

My mam and dad are taking me and H out for dinner. We're finally going to have the Kobe Beef (£55 per steak). It's probably not worth it but we figured we're unlikely to have the excuse again.

I've got my girls coming to stay the weekend after and we're going have kunch, dress up and hit Leeds Harvey Nicks for early evening cocktails then out.

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

It was only mean as a joke... 30 is not old!! I am also about to turn 30 but glad to hear its not shock horror ?

Oo i like the idea of a cocktails treat.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Far too old. I will never give up my seat on the bus for you.

I am looking forward to being 30, doesn't seem huge and scary, but OH got all funny about his.

I would hope for something more like a party being thrown for me or exciting day out rather than an actual gift.

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

I got a beautiful watch off H. And then my friends took me places - spa, dinner, etc

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    Munstermad ·
    • Hide content

I received some beautiful jewellery, books and lots of candles and photo frames! I treated my closest friends to dinner which we kicked off with champagne and strawberries in a private area, it was my perfect present to me.

My mum bought me the best present ever - 2 dance lessons with Ian Waite from SCD (and airline and hotel vouchers to get there). Legendary!!!!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I am 30 in march and I am really hoping for a nice handbag off OH. Expensive and classic! I have been dropping hints for months!!!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I got a gorgeous tennis bracelet and I lost it on a night out the next week. I was devastated. I was a bit tipsy (read pie eyed) and had the bright idea of getting the DJ to do an announcement asking everyone in the bar to look for it. The flaw in the plan? I was out with H, who heard the announcement! ? H has not stopped telling me off since. I will be 34 in March...

My Mum and Dad got us a weekend away, I got a dress, shoes, and a party.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

For my 30th, I had the neighbours round for dinner after I had put my three children to bed. Oh I knew how to live it up....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics