Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Princess.Cazz
Beginner August 2013

August 2013 Girls

Princess.Cazz, 23 of September of 2012 at 11:50 Posted on Planning 0 1,568

Hows everyone doing with the planning as worried I might be falling behind.. Only done dress, bridesmaids dress and photographer Smiley sad

1,568 replies

Latest activity by Kjay, 9 of January of 2014 at 16:43
  • M
    Beginner August 2013
    Munstermad ·
    • Hide content

Hello Princess Cazz, you get married the same day as us!!

We have lots done but quite honestly did it all within a month, I couldn't believe how quickly everything came together and am now looking for stuff to do until we are ready to sort all the small details.

Have you got your venue and registrar/celebrant sorted? After that I'd recommend getting your music sorted if you are planning on booking live acts. After that, sit back and watch everything falling into place!

• Princess.Cazz
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess.Cazz ·
    • Hide content

Heyy twin! Yeah forgot to mention the biggest thing! Done the venue in April and registrar a few weeks ago and was shocked how booked they were already so had the last time available of 11.30 which is a bit early for me.. but couldnt face sorting out another date!

Thanks for the advice :-)

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    Munstermad ·
    • Hide content

You are sorted then! And while 1130 is early it means you really get to enjoy your day - I always thought I'd want an evening wedding until I got engaged and now don't want to waste a minute!!

• Princess.Cazz
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess.Cazz ·
    • Hide content

Glad i have some reassurance! Yeah i see that now only 11 months to go!

• Jen_P
    Dedicated August 2013
    Jen_P ·
    • Hide content

Hi! We get married on the 1st August. So far we have the venue and the registra booked. Photographer, florist and DJ are booked. Deposit is down on my dress and that comes in in January. Feel like I should be doing something else but I have come to a stand still. Spending most evenings making bunting!

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    Munstermad ·
    • Hide content

We're the same, going to make a start on our invitations soon just to give us (and by us I really mean me of course) something to do!

• Red August
    Beginner August 2013
    Red August ·
    • Hide content

Hi. We get married on the 10th and all I've booked is the church, venue (deposit not yet paid as having wobbles about it) I've bought my dress, shoes and bouquet. I changed my mind about the photographer so I cancelled him, as I just don't want to be skint for the whole of the next year trying to pay for it, I'll probably not bother with a fancy car as we know a few people with really nice ones and I'm only having 1 bridesmaid (as there will only be about 11 people including us so there would only be her husband and our mothers sat in the church lol) and I've given her free reign on the dress just told her to have a look and let me know how much really. Reading that back I sound really stingy :/

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

I also share your wedding date!

So far I've:

* Booked church and reception venue

* Booked TOG

* Booked band

* Ordered my dress and BM dress

* Booked cars

*Booked date with florist but we haven't discussed flowers in detail or anything yet.

* booked bus (guest transport)

• U
    Beginner January 2011
    Ulli ·
    • Hide content

Hello, here is another one for August 24th 2013 ?!

We have booked the venue, the photographer, the florist (no details decided yet) and some of our musical entertainment (not the evening band yet though). It worries me slightly now that you all seem to have the dress sorted already (and BM dresses)...

The next thing on our list is to sort out stationery asap, as we want it all to be in the same style (we are making it ourselves) - and we have not sent out save the date cards yet...

• Princess.Cazz
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess.Cazz ·
    • Hide content

It worries me I havent looked at entertainment! Smiley surprise Don't worry about the dresses I only did them as I got the bridesmaids dresses from the same shop otherwise they would have waited! Yeah stationary is next as August is a busy month so want people to know in a fair bit of advance.

x

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I am the 16th, so far we have booked

Venue for ceremony and reception

registar

my dress

flowers

chair covers

DJ

string quartet

photographer

mens suits

cake

my jewellery

my shoes

still to sort- invites- i have designed them just have to make them, bridesmaids dresses- shop said not to do them till xmas, favours- having homemade chuntney so cant do it till nearer the time, cars- half sorted, make-up- half sorted, table crystals, tea lights and holders, my veil and tiara, have picked bridesmaids gifts but not bought them yet.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I'm August 10th. Booked church, venue, photographer and that's it. Got catering meeting Tuesday and on the hunt for a dress but not found it yet. Nothing else done yet so don't worry!

• Red August
    Beginner August 2013
    Red August ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi there date twin, I'd put a smiley wave but I can't lol, I've only got my dress as its not an official wedding dress, I feel like I'm not making any effort whatsoever so feel like my weddings going to be rubbish Smiley sad

• *Cloud9*
    Beginner August 2013
    *Cloud9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm 25th August. Venue and registrar booked. Got my dress, shoes and jewellery. Tog is a friend so sorted and a bargain!! Dj decided just need to book. And I am accumulating loads of "stuff" for favours, tables, decor etc. Am making invitations with some help from vista freebies and the range.

Our wedding seems so far away so I'm trying to find bits to do to pass the time.?

• erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies

I'm starting to get there but still a lot to do,

so far booked

-Church

-Venue

-Tog

-Band

-picked BM dresses

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Hi August ladies!

Our date is 17th August 2013.

So far we have :

- booked the church and reception venue.

- booked TOG

- booked florist and discussed flowers

- ordered my dress

- sent save the dates

- booked band

Currently trying to decide on style of invitations, book and sting quartet and sort out cars! Can't do BM dresses yet as one is trying for a baby and my other BM is my 14 year old cousin who is going through a growth spurt!

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrstobe2013 ·
    • Hide content

Our date is also 17th August Smiley smile

We have venue/church booked.

Hairdresser is booked

BM dresses are almost picked, just waiting for my last one to try them on.

OH's uncle is a photographer so that is sorted

Mum in law is doing the cake

Struggling with my dress at the moment. Haven't seem to had the 'wow' factor yet and tried loads on. Panicking a bit as not sure whether I should have ordered it by now Smiley sad

wedding fayres start by us next weekend so hoping to get flowers, centrepieces, suits sorted after a bit more inspiration

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Janey4 ·
    • Hide content

O dear I best crack on!!!

We are on the 1st August and so far

• Venue booked
    • Registrar booked
    • Bridesmaid dress sorted

……and that’s it!!!!

I am currently dress shopping, in discussions with OH re entertainment and photographer and thinking about flowers/stationary which I am going to do myself…….still lots to do but not stressing yet!!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Hey Ladies,

-Church Booked

-Reception Booked

-Tog Booked

-Cake Booked

-Dress & Shoes bought

-Hotel Booked for the night before for me, my ma and bridesmaids

-Transport Booked

Didn't realise I have got so much done!

We have a meeting at the reception in a couple of weeks to sort some bits and bobs out.

Going to see a singer blokey in November when he is performing at my Aunties pub to see what he is like!

Also in November going shopping with my two bridesmaids for an initial dress shop for them Smiley smile

And want to look and sort some flowers out this side of christmas hopefully!

Seems like we are all doing well ?

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

Hey August Ladies,

Another 24th August bride here!!!?

How's everyone getting on, It's so unbelievable that we are now in November and it's only nine months to go!! Where has the time gone..

Have you been MOB outfit shopping yet, if so where have you been and what have you found, I'm just looking online for my mums and the models all look soooo young!!!

Karen. xx

• Princess.Cazz
    Beginner August 2013
    Princess.Cazz ·
    • Hide content

Yay!!!! Its been so quick!! Cant believe that it's only 9 months to go seems like it's just hit a year to go..

Havent been MOB outfit shopping as mum's still losing weight but MOG have a few to choose from!

xx

• Indiefluff
    Beginner August 2013
    Indiefluff ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear I think I'm falling behind, all I have so far is:

Venue

Registrar

Dress

TOG

VOG

I've been researching lots of things, so I think I know what I want, I just need to start booking it. I'm finding it hard to make a final decision! I keep thinking that I've got LOADS of time, but it really is flying by!

• U
    Beginner January 2011
    Ulli ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I agree, the time since I said "one year to go!" has flown by!!! Better get on with things...

MOB outfit is a little problem here as my mums first reaction to me being engaged was "Can I wear trousers please?". So I will need to find a trouser suit fit for a wedding - yes, I(!) will have to find it as my mum has no fashion sense whatsoever (she says that herself and would not be offended by me saying it). Slight problem is she is in Germany so we will have limited shopping time together and it is very hard to find trousers that are long enough for her as she has ridiculously long legs... Also the problem with a trouser suit is how to make sure it won't look business-like...

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

August 10th for me and have sorted:

Church (provisionally)

Reception venue

TOG

Save the dates sent

Idea for invites

Catering is slowly coming together.

That's it! Got a couple of things left to do before Christmas but not worried!

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

I have venue, dress, shoes, jewellery, hairdresser, bridesmaid dresses, choc fountain, string quartet, band, cake, rings, and save the dates sorted.

Currently looking at make up artists, suits, centrepieces, and flowers.

I am quite impressed when it's all written but I basically have literally no free time between now and wedding for planning (sneaking onto Hitched whilst still working right now ;-) )

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

You are all very organised! It's fab!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

BB those dresses are gorgeous!

We went to see a singer at the weekend, only to be told he is already booked for the 31st August next year! So best crack on with finding some kind of entertainment- diodn't think that people would be booked up so soon....☹️

We have pushed back the hunt for Bridesmaid dresses til new year as we just can't find a free weekend- one bm is in London and I work odd shifts.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I bought my dress at the weekend and have sorted catering, just need to pay the deposit. Also done some invitation mock ups which look awesome!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I missed your dress flash canary- any chance of a quick peek?!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got paranoid that people would realise its me! Haha

I don't have it on the iPad but will flash when I'm on computer next.

Or if you ladies are on the 2013 brides fb group, I've flashed there!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Hehe coolio, not on FB so I will check back at regular intervals to try and catch you on here!

• erincat
    Beginner August 2013
    erincat ·
    • Hide content

I dont feel very organised but picked my dress at the weekend!

So glad, thought my fussy-ness would stop me ever finding one Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics