Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Beginner January 2012

Unpopular opinions

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 18 of September of 2012 at 22:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 456

For fun, not for fights. I'll start.

In my opinion:

1. Bohemian Rhapsody is a rubbish song.

2. People shouldn't be allowed to vote until they've passed a Voter Test.

3. Publicly-funded faith schools should be banned.

Next?

456 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 1 of October of 2012 at 19:58
  • ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

We should get rid of the monarchy.

Tom Daley is not attractive.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

People should be vetted before allowing then to breed- I.e. the Jeremy Kyle variety

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

1) I think its fine to stipulate a dress code for a wedding.

2) Child benefits- I don't think people should be rewarded for pushing out babies unless those of us that never have children get an enhanced pension or other reward/benefit?

3) Equality groups- How about you concentrate on our similarities not what makes us different therefore creating a greater social divide.

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, I agree with this.

Also Channing Tatum is not attractive

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is similar to what my OH thinks about those that continuously breed and have their children placed on child protection plans and/or removed from their care. He believes that they should be made to be sterilised. Unfortunately that goes against their basic human rights. To be fair though, our HR act is a joke!

• AlsiT
    AlsiT ·
    • Hide content

People in prison should be made to generate electricity by walking on treadmills.

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS!

Plus

1) Smoking should be confined to your own home only. I dont want to walk through clouds of second hand nicotine as you puff away walking down streets/ stood outside pubs etc etc.

2) Servicemen and women chose their vocation, the same as the rest of us. There are risks associated. They know this. I am not saying they dont do a great job, or that we shouldnt be proud of them, but I feel like I am made to feel personal guilt each time a member of the armed forces is killed or injured and I dont think I should.

3) The Royal family are now celebrities and need to be prepared to deal with this in their every day life.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

People in prisons should be locked in a 6x6 cell without luxurys like tv etc and should be treated like they have actually done something wrong. Not being treated better than some families live in.

Smoking while pregnant should be illegal and you should only be allowed to smoke in your own home. Some of Hs family smoke around the kids and I hate it.

People who get benefits because they dot want to work/feel they are owed (not talking about people who try hard to find work/single mums etc) should get them taken off them or limited to what they need (ie shouldnt be allowed to buy luxuries with them)

Also am one who believes people in the army choose their career and although I feel awful for all the fighting an all the poor families of the soldiers who have died, I don't like being made to feel guilty by the media. The dangers of the job are known when you join up. I do think they are unbelievably brave and strong though.

Thats probably it. Maybe not popular but if we had all the same opinions how boring would life be?!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Child benefit should be capped, , , you want more than said number, you work to pay for them.

Child benefit should not be paid for children that do not live in this country.

A lump sum (£500 I think) should not be paid every time someone on benefits has a baby. Try using the same pram for both and a second hand cot like I had to do.

(can you see a pattern ☹️)

Agree prison should not be a holiday camp.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Oh also ... People who hurt or abuse animals in any way should be prosecuted as if it was a child they had harmed.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

The media should be more responsible about what they 'report' regarding the police.

They breed ill feeling towards the organisation that is supposed to be protecting us.

They couldn't even go an hour today without questioning why those officers were sent unarmed to that address, saying 'questions are being asked about how more could have been done to protect those girls'.

Why would a police officer be armed when responding to a burglary call? We don't have enough armed officers to send them to every bloody call in a ten mile radius!

ETA: You can tell where my head is today can't you! ?

• Beez
    Beginner May 2016
    Beez ·
    • Hide content

I love that the Unpopular Opinions request from Footlong is being ignored in favour for popular ones ? I agree with most of them to a degree anyway!

1. The odd swear word in front of my children doesn't matter.

2. Boarding schools can be brilliant for (some) children

Hmmm, mine are too child-heavy. I'll leave it there!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

That people claiming job seekers allowance should be made to do work that improves the community they live in and their CV. Not the current scheme where they go and work at Tesco/poundland etc, I don't see why those huge companies should benefit from free labour.

That elderly people should be retested for driving tests and not just asked if they are still ok to drive.

That it should be against the law to cycle anywhere without a helmet and that it should carry the same fines as a speeding ticket.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

1. Smoking in front of kids/whilst pregnant should be illegal.

2. Not all immigrants are evil scroungers. People should be allowed to come to this country if they are in danger at home. (sorry Daily Mail readers)

3. Not everyone on benefits/job seekers is a terrible person.

4. Not sure on the popularity of this one but Michael Gove should be hung drawn and quartered.

5. Capital punishment is wrong. (except for the above mentioned idiot ?)

6. The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are nothing special.

There are many more but I think I'll leave it there for now.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

1) Friends is rubbish

2) Rugby fans can be just as vile as football fans.

3) Flying St George's flag does not make me racist.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

In my opinion:

1. The Beatles were rubbish.

2. Friends is not funny

3. Prison should not be like Butlins - people who have committed terrible crimes should be handed over to Medical Science for testing purposes (instead of using animals)

4. People who hurt animals should be treated the same as people who hurt humans.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

1. People who have children and then palm them off onto everyone else - why have them if you don’t want to spend time with them!

2. People who twist about being skint but yet still have Sky, Gym Membership, Takeaways – to me these are all luxury items

There is so many more, but as you can probably tell the tw!t on my team is getting right on my wick already today!!! All topics she twists about – DAILY!

• H
    Beginner October 2010
    hehethatsfunny ·
    • Hide content

People in prison for life should be tested on instead of animals.

I'm sure there's more...

• H
    Beginner October 2010
    hehethatsfunny ·
    • Hide content

Great minds cinnamon ears!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

1. The odd cigarette when you're pregnant is unlikely to cause any harm to your child (by 'odd', I mean once a month or less).

2. People who fail their driving test three times should not be allowed to drive.

• Tallulaha
    Beginner November 2012
    Tallulaha ·
    • Hide content

Ok this one might get me kicked off Hitched....I hate when a bride-to-be flashes their wedding ideas and people comment with 'I love EVERYTHING' or 'EVERYTHING looks beautiful'. You cant possibly love EVERYTHING, its not all going to be completely to your taste, I would be much happier if people picked out one or two things that they really liked, it would make the compliment so much more sincere.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you got a time scale on this one? What if someone fails 3 tests when they're 20, are they allowed to try again when they're 30?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I agree with most of these, especially the ones regarding child benefits. These are popular opinions though are they not, shared by most people?

Mine would be that The Beatles were sh*t - But CE beat me to it!

Also: Digital music is killing the music industry...

• H
    Beginner October 2010
    hehethatsfunny ·
    • Hide content

Oh everyone who drives should get retested once they reach a certain age. Some people should not be on the roads!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Diana was a manipulative media whore and not the Saint she's made out to be.

John Lennon was horrible and a hypocrite.

The Beatles were overrated.

For the sake of the prison staff, prisoners should be allowed to smoke.

Even though I support Liverpool, I would much rather lose to Man United than Chelsea as I actually respect them and what they've accomplished.

I prefer Victoria to David Beckham.

The following bands/artists are now awful and should not release new music: Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams, U2, RHCP, Paul McCartney and Madonna.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I would have thought so.

Bradley Cooper is not fit.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, not sure people are getting it!

1. People should banned from christening their children into a faith.

2. Refusing to have your child vaccinated against measles should be a criminal offence.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Pregnant women shouldn't feel pressurised into breastfeeding. If they decide not to, they shouldn't be made to explain why (unless they can grill the other person about the choices they make with their children) or made to feel bad.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this one. Perhaps everyone who believed the "MMR is evil" nonsense should have to attend a lecture on why it's not.

Also, some of these things may be a popular opinion on here but not in other places. You get very contrasting views on the BBC and Daily Mail for example.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The children we push out are the future of the country and will help keep it going when you get your enhanced pension and stop paying as much tax etc.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my there are so many I agree with probably going to repeat a few but here are mine:

Pedophiles should be castrated

Those who have been on certain benefits for a certain period should do community work

Beggars are scary

Robert Pattinson looks like a goblin

Health and safety rules are annoying (not all)

I should be the queen

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

agree!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics