Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Shoes

11 of September of 2012 at 19:58 Posted on Planning 0 26

Where did you get yours? I have heard that most bridal shoes are padded for comfort, but strggling to find any I like.

Lots I have found have had very large heel or platform, plus I am not keen on pointed shoes, as I don't like my 'big feet'

Would love to see ***Flashes*** of your shoes and here where to buy.

Also bridesmaid dresses are purple, like cadburys, what colour shoes would you suggest

Thank you

26 replies

Latest activity by kayzz, 12 of September of 2012 at 16:14
  • B
    Beginner November 2013
    Bathsheeba ·
    • Hide content

This does not help you at all but I'm wearing German Jack Boots under my dress. I collect war militaria so it seemed fitting.

Aside from that, there's no rule that says you have to get BRIDAL shoes. Although it's awkward when white isn't in season everywhere else.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I have wide feet and didn't find any bridal shoes that I liked and didn't hurt. Then again, I also detest white/ivory satin. For dresses or shoes.

My shoes were from Irregular Choice - they were super comfy (even though I changed into dancing shoes after 3hrs) and still bridal but a bit funky. I'm selling them as well, if anyone's interested! I'm not on my own PC at the mo, so can't post pics, but they are in the for sale forum.

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

Mine are from schuh, bright red to match my colour theme

http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-red-schuh-bree-bow-court-patent/1122063040/

Ive also ordered some customised converse for the evening (and for honeymoon) with 'mrs w' on the back

Would recommend maybe silver to go with cadburys purple?

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    LouLaBellexx ·
    • Hide content

Mine are from Dune with some added sparkle...

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

schuh in store good, schuh online baaaaaad

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Mine will be this

I think... Maybe this

They have a hidden wedge heel. Even I shouldn't be able to fall over in them!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting mine from rainbow club, not got them yet but tried them on when I was I York and they seemed comfy, shall order them after payday :-)

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

So far I have bought one pair from HM for £7.99!!

Can't find a pic, they are flat and purple tho!

Will most likely by a 'proper' pair for the evening but gotta have flats for the ceremony due to fellas height complex!! hehe.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from a factory outlet a few years ago, but had the same problem with not wanting platforms or anything too high. Do you like any of these?

/women/shoes-boots/wedding

As for the BM's, they could have silvery, strappy heels but depends what other colours you are having.

• JM&DM2B
    Beginner March 2013
    JM&DM2B ·
    • Hide content

Here are mine!!

Very blingy... I am not a very blingy girl but I am a girly girl.. I wanted some form of statement shoe to shock the guest/get some good photos on the day!

Purchases from website as stated on pic... they are hand made and take quite a while to arrive. xxx

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

Have you checked out Debenhams? I'm buying Debut shoes for both me and the adult BM's and all of them are very comfy, plus my CB has quite wide feet but the shoes seem to fit her comfortably - Debenhams have got a massive sale on at the moment with 25% off!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Haven't flashed mine for at least a couple of weeks.

• Agouti
    Beginner September 2013
    Agouti ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to get a cheap pair from Debenhams - seen a few for about £30. I don't want to spend loads as they'll be hidden under the dress and swapped for flats in the evening!!

• ImagineIt
    Beginner December 2012
    ImagineIt ·
    • Hide content

I've got mine from Amazon for £20 with delivery. I love them. (Wow shoes sell them on there)

I know BHS have pretty decently priced shoes too.

• Disneynut14
    Beginner July 2014
    Disneynut14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting some personalised Converse as if I wear heels I'd be taller than OH! I wear Converse all the time normally and OH is now toying with the idea of wearing Converse as well ?

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Next. I cant find a picture, sorry. They are ivory satin, platform peep toes and very comfy.

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

Mine are these

They are on sale on the website for £100.00. I actually only paid £10.00 from Alders in Croydon because they are closing down and selling everything off cheap. Happy days for me! Not so much for their staff :o(

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

These were mine. I had them on from noon to 7am the following day and they only began to hurt at around 2am so not bad going! Also, Rainbow Club can dye shoes to any colour so maybe something to bear in mind for your bridesmaid shoes

https://www.rainbowclub.co.uk/wedding-shoes/aimee

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Bought mine from Brantano for £22 in the sale - sooooooooooooo comfy!! And they are called First Dance ?

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Is this them?

• rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from debenhams.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from debenhams, they were about £40. OH is a shorty and these were the only ones I have found that didn't make me look like a total granny.

• before40
    Beginner October 2012
    before40 ·
    • Hide content

Got mine for an utterly bargainous from Next, infact picked them up at lunchtime - ivory lace platform stilletoes with peep toes, £14!!! They have them in store in wide fit but the normal fit is apparently discontinued but they had some stock online. They had quite a few pairs that were bridal, might be worth a look? I popped in there completely randomly and was surprised at the selection.

Was a bm last year and had a purpley /indigo knee length dress, all the bm's had silver shoes, co-incidentally they were from next too.

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

These were mine. £30 in the sale from asos. I love them! They're prettier in real life.

5 inch heel so I was 6 foot in them so not for everyone! But I felt incredible in them and everyone kept saying 'Lets see these shoes everyones talking about!'

I could barely walk to breakfast the next morning but I managed to wear them for 14 hours straight on the day!!

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kayzz ·
    • Hide content

Im wearing flats that im buying of an ebay shop then customising with crystals

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics