Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2013

Wedding flowers & Chair covers

ljane83, 16 of May of 2012 at 15:18 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi,

Can anyone give me any ideas on how much is a normal amount to pay for flowers for a wedding and chair covers also? we are gatting married and having the reception all at the same venue, we only want minimal flowers but I have no Idea what sort of prices to be expecting for this.

Thanks

Lucy

10 replies

Latest activity by princesssaraht, 16 of May of 2012 at 21:31
  • flowersbychitra
    flowersbychitra ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It is difficult to give exact prices with flowers. It will depend on the flowers you use, bouquet requirements, buttonhole, no. of centrepieces and head table.

The estimate is usually 10% of your budget.

Bridal bouquets start around £45

Bridesmaids £30

Centriepieces - £10 per table would probably be the lowest i've ever seen.

Buttonholes: start from around £3

What kind of things do you like?

chitra

• flowersbychitra
    flowersbychitra ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It is difficult to give exact prices with flowers. It will depend on the flowers you use, bouquet requirements, buttonhole, no. of centrepieces and head table.

The estimate is usually 10% of your budget.

Bridal bouquets start around £45

Bridesmaids £30

Centriepieces - £10 per table would probably be the lowest i've ever seen.

Buttonholes: start from around £3

What kind of things do you like?

chitra

• Y
    Beginner November 2012
    yorkshirecat1981 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We are having chair covers which are provided by a company recommended by our venue. They provide the white stretchy ones which go over the chairs and then they also supply a big organza bow for each chair and an organza runner for each table in the colour of your choice. They have quoted us £3.20 per chair as a package, but i have heard of places which charge £5!

For flowers the prices vary depending on when you get married and whether you want seasonal flowers. We are getting married in November and have gone for roses - prices as follows:

Bridal hand-tied bouquet = £75

Bridesmaids hand-tied bouquet = £50

Buttonholes (rose and greenery) = £5

Corsage (for the mums) = £7.50

Pedestal arrangements 3ft x 3ft (including use of stand) = £75

Hope that helps! I would just ask around. Go and see some florists, or even email them with your ideas and see what they come back with! Most of the ones i spoke to were perfectly happy to work with us on what we wanted and what we could afford. The florist we have gone with was great and has really helped us to get what we want but within budget!

Good luck!

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    ljane83 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your responses they are appreciated. So far the most expensive chair cover quote we have received is £2.75 per chair, so not doing to bad with that. I am just more in the blue about flowers, as we are having very minimal flowers, they wont be involved in the centre pieces, so I am struggling with what price to expect.

Agin thanks for your responses to give me ideas its appreciate x

Good luck for you day yorkshirecat1981 x

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

We arent having chair covers as they were one thing i didnt mind not having, would rather spend the money on flowers etc as our chairs are quite nice anyway. but the prices i saw were around £2-£3 each.

Our flowers are:

My bouquet (hand tied) £50

BM bouquets £35

mum corsages £6.50

men corsages £4.50

top table decoration £50

we arent having flower table centres, but they were going to be about £35 each - got crystal trees for £20 each instead.

Our flowers are mainly flowers which are in season, which has brought the price down as our wedding is in december and summery flowers would have cost a small fortune!

Our flowers are only about3% of our budget - nowhere near 10%!

its definately worth looking around!

• PosieBouquets
    PosieBouquets ·
    • Hide content

Incase you are wanting artificial flowers I thought I would give you an idea as to prices:

Brides bouquet = £32

Bridesmaid bouquet = £25

Buttonholes - £1.80

If you would like advice on fresh flowers, I can help with flower choice, season availability etc

Sarah x

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

A good florist will be able to work within a budget - maybe work out how much you are able to spend on flowers, and find out what this could buy you. You should be able to get a variety of quotes, based on different flowers and different weightings in terms of cost, for instance you may want a huge bouquet but very small table centres, or the other way around.

One good way of saving a bit, is to give your bridesmaids wrist corsages rather than bouquets - I also think it looks very pretty, too.

Our flower budget is about 5% of our total budget, for what it's worth.

• tybalt
    Beginner April 2012
    tybalt ·
    • Hide content

My chair covers and sashes were £2 per chair (had 100)

My florist did all the following for £350:

My bouquet - mixture of deep red and deep purple gerberas, anemones, roses, other flowers with foliage and gold sprayed berries (£40)

11 x wrist corsages (single gerbera with foliage on elasticated pearl bracelet)

11 x button holes (singe gerbera with foliage)

1 x groom button hole (large rose)

10 x table flower arrangements (flowers to match bouquet)

1 x long and low table arrangement (flowers to match bouquet)

• rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we ar eonly having flowers for us we have a bridal, 3 bridesmaids, 2 wrist corsages, (for flower girls) 2 normal corsages (for the mums) and 7 corsages which has come to £205:15, this is using roses. x

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi princesssaraht, where did you get these from for such a good price? Smiley smile

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

John lewis last christmas! i had been hunting for ages!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics